Other Misc. Grocery Items:
Hormel Completes Microwave Meals

Hormel Completes Microwave Meals

Pros

Cons

Hormel Compleats are great for what they were developed for..

I can't understand how people can bash a product that does what it is designed to do, and does it well.  I read a few comments that stated that the contents did not match the picture on the cardboard wrapper.  There is one word for that, "dah!"  As a fast, low-calorie meal, all "Compleats" satisfy a hungry, rushed office worker - You do have to monitor the sodium though.  This sure beats a Big "M" meal, or a couple of slices of Pizza - Just be a little open minded; if you can't, then spend your money in a restaurant (don't forget to leave the tip).

Hormel's Compleats - really -2 stars.

Hormel - Compleat - "Chicken, Gravy, Mashed Potato"

Hormel - Compleat - "Chicken, Gravy, Mashed Potato"

Today I ate... well, I hesitate to call it "lunch", because that puts a lot of other food in bad company. Let's say, "I ate at noon".I'm not a huge fan of food that comes with instructions, but the "low fat, 200 calories" bumpf swayed me, & I decided to give it a go.Firstly: you could tell it was "low fat" because all the taste calories had been removed to make way for the preservatives.Next: the front of the packaging promised me chicken breast, mashed potato & gravy. The contents... well, allow me an analogy. Say there was a curtain with Angelina Jolie printed on it, and when you pulled it aside there was me. Technically, all the advertised elements of the package are there, but they just don't fit together as expected.Also: despite draining off half of the nasty-looking liquid-claiming-to-be-gravy, the pureed white-froth-claiming-to-be-mash was still essentially soup. The chicken (actual breast meat, credit for that) had *A* taste but not a chicken-flavoured taste as one might reasonably expect.Finally: it went down, but the stomach got one sample & went on strike, and has spent the last 4 hours trying vigorously to send it back.I heartily recommend never EVER subjecting yourself to the awful, unspeakable travesty of "food" that is the Compleats range, produced by Hormel. To shamelessly paraphrase from Star Trek: It may be sustenance, Jim, but not as we know it.

All you do is heat and eat!

from Bradenton, Fl

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I was chosen for the free meals from Viewpoints. Out of the 5, the chicken breast and dressing was my least favorite but I would definitely buy the other meals for a quick small bite.

For when you are busy

from Atlantic Beach

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I buys these for my husband sometimes. I myself don't like the way they taste, but he says they are ok in a pinch. Not my first choice, but not the worst I have ever tasted.

Not bad! Some better than others

from Commerce Tx

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I received a sample through viewpoints for this product. The beefy macaroni was my least favorite. To me it had a powdered tomato flavor but it was very creamy. The Mac and cheese was good for a microwave product. My child loved the chicken and dumplings and I enjoyed the chicken noodle. The chicken and rice was ok too but probably wouldn't buy that one. Some of these offerings will be perfect for lunch on the go at work!

Yummy stew in only 60 seconds

from Sherman Oaks, CA

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I just received my sample of Hormel Compleats through Viewpoints. I tried first the Dinty Moore beef stew. I have tried the canned version before and I really liked it. Hormel Completes are delicious. It only takes 60 seconds and you have a nice warm and hearty meal. I also like that these are very light and small. Perfect size for lunches or add a salad or piece of bread for dinner. I cannot wait to try another flavor. Great job.

Not Bad

from Hesperia, CA

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

My husband and I tried these after a long day at work and I didn't feel like cooking. He tried the chicken & dumplings. I tried the Chicken and rice. Both were pretty good. ny husband says the servings are too small but for me they were just right. The texture wasn't too mushy. The flavoring was just right, not too salty.

Gross!

from Granite City, IL

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I received five samples of Hormel Compleat Meals, all different types. I was very excited to try them but, all I can say is overall, they were disgusting! The Beefy Mac was decent surprisingly so, I went ahead to try a few more a few days later. I tried the Macaroni & Cheese and it was the nastiest macaroni and cheese I have ever had. I couldn't even try to keep it down. I tossed it in the trash and opened up the Rice & Chicken next. They however, tasted more like rice and tuna instead, gross! I haven't tried the other two and kind of scared to..

A Meal I Would Enjoy Again

from Hamlet, Indiana

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I received 5 samples of these Hormel Compleats as samples to try in exchange for a review. Since I am not one to cook with a microwave I must say I was a bit surprised at how well these tasted. I thought that the macaroni & cheese and the beefy mac had noodles that were a little overcooked and lacked flavor but I really enjoyed the chicken & noodles, dumplings & chicken, and rice & chicken. I think they could add more meat to the dishes but overall I would have to give these meals a thumbs up. Maybe just don't cook the noodles until completely done before packaging so they are not so overcooked in the microwave.

Got our samples!

from Salem, Oregon

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I've always loved these! They are good and easy to make.

These are fast to make and delicious!

from Victoria, Tx

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I love making these when I am very busy and need something fast to make. My favorite is the chicken breast and dressing. My son likes the alfredo meal and spaghetti and my husband loves the stroganoff. They are creamy and taste really good. If your in a hurry and are very hungry these are something you should always have in your fridge.

Good quick meals

from Jen, ohio

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

We received the beefy Mac, Mac and cheese, chicken and dumplings, chicken and noodles, and rice and chicken meals. After trying them all I can say most of the meals are good. There were two that were a little less desirable. The ones that had the better taste and quality were the beefy Mac (which my husband tried), the mac and cheese (which my daughter devored), and the chicken and rice (which was the one I was most excited about lol). My husband stated that the beefy Mac had a good taste and texture to it. It didn't have too much of a tomato flavor like some can and the beef was a good size. My daughter liked the Mac and cheese and said it was just cheesy enough. I liked the way the taste of the chicken and rice blended together. The chicken pieces could have been bigger , but for a microwave meal it was good. The chicken and noodles however was mostly noodle and had more of a slimey kind of feel. Sometimes microwave meals do. But I just wasn't a fan. The chicken and dumplings my husband had because I don't like them normaly. He had kind of the same complaints. He still ate it all, but it definitely was not his favorite. If your looking for something quick and easy for a busy day meal I would recommend these. I can say I've had far worse microwave meals. And every brand will have ones you don't like, you just have to kind of taste and see.