2.8
Hormel Completes Microwave Meals

Hormel Completes Microwave Meals

Pros

Cons

Hormel Compleats are great for what they were developed for..

I can't understand how people can bash a product that does what it is designed to do, and does it well.  I read a few comments that stated that the contents did not match the picture on the cardboard wrapper.  There is one word for that, "dah!"  As a fast, low-calorie meal, all "Compleats" satisfy a hungry, rushed office worker - You do have to monitor the sodium though.  This sure beats a Big "M" meal, or a couple of slices of Pizza - Just be a little open minded; if you can't, then spend your money in a restaurant (don't forget to leave the tip).

Hormel's Compleats - really -2 stars.

Hormel - Compleat - "Chicken, Gravy, Mashed Potato"

Hormel - Compleat - "Chicken, Gravy, Mashed Potato"

Today I ate... well, I hesitate to call it "lunch", because that puts a lot of other food in bad company. Let's say, "I ate at noon".I'm not a huge fan of food that comes with instructions, but the "low fat, 200 calories" bumpf swayed me, & I decided to give it a go.Firstly: you could tell it was "low fat" because all the taste calories had been removed to make way for the preservatives.Next: the front of the packaging promised me chicken breast, mashed potato & gravy. The contents... well, allow me an analogy. Say there was a curtain with Angelina Jolie printed on it, and when you pulled it aside there was me. Technically, all the advertised elements of the package are there, but they just don't fit together as expected.Also: despite draining off half of the nasty-looking liquid-claiming-to-be-gravy, the pureed white-froth-claiming-to-be-mash was still essentially soup. The chicken (actual breast meat, credit for that) had *A* taste but not a chicken-flavoured taste as one might reasonably expect.Finally: it went down, but the stomach got one sample & went on strike, and has spent the last 4 hours trying vigorously to send it back.I heartily recommend never EVER subjecting yourself to the awful, unspeakable travesty of "food" that is the Compleats range, produced by Hormel. To shamelessly paraphrase from Star Trek: It may be sustenance, Jim, but not as we know it.

A Meal I Would Enjoy Again

from Hamlet, Indiana

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I received 5 samples of these Hormel Compleats as samples to try in exchange for a review. Since I am not one to cook with a microwave I must say I was a bit surprised at how well these tasted. I thought that the macaroni & cheese and the beefy mac had noodles that were a little overcooked and lacked flavor but I really enjoyed the chicken & noodles, dumplings & chicken, and rice & chicken. I think they could add more meat to the dishes but overall I would have to give these meals a thumbs up. Maybe just don't cook the noodles until completely done before packaging so they are not so overcooked in the microwave.

Got our samples!

from Salem, Oregon

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I've always loved these! They are good and easy to make.

These are fast to make and delicious!

from Victoria, Tx

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I love making these when I am very busy and need something fast to make. My favorite is the chicken breast and dressing. My son likes the alfredo meal and spaghetti and my husband loves the stroganoff. They are creamy and taste really good. If your in a hurry and are very hungry these are something you should always have in your fridge.

Good quick meals

from Bethel, oh

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

We received the beefy Mac, Mac and cheese, chicken and dumplings, chicken and noodles, and rice and chicken meals. After trying them all I can say most of the meals are good. There were two that were a little less desirable. The ones that had the better taste and quality were the beefy Mac (which my husband tried), the mac and cheese (which my daughter devored), and the chicken and rice (which was the one I was most excited about lol). My husband stated that the beefy Mac had a good taste and texture to it. It didn't have too much of a tomato flavor like some can and the beef was a good size. My daughter liked the Mac and cheese and said it was just cheesy enough. I liked the way the taste of the chicken and rice blended together. The chicken pieces could have been bigger , but for a microwave meal it was good. The chicken and noodles however was mostly noodle and had more of a slimey kind of feel. Sometimes microwave meals do. But I just wasn't a fan. The chicken and dumplings my husband had because I don't like them normaly. He had kind of the same complaints. He still ate it all, but it definitely was not his favorite. If your looking for something quick and easy for a busy day meal I would recommend these. I can say I've had far worse microwave meals. And every brand will have ones you don't like, you just have to kind of taste and see.

I would buy this item

from Midland, pa

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

The taste was good. The 60 seconds is definitely long enough time to heat up. I had to wait for it to cool down before i ate it....the portion size is fit for more of a lunch rather than dinner, unless you are a child.

Hormel Complete meals great for boating and diets

from Sequim, Wa.

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I need to loose a lot of weight so I went on Nurtisystem for 2 months and did loose pounds. I also learned about portion control and the type of food to eat to loose weight. Their microwave meals are are same portion size as the Hormel Complete meals. But I found most of the Hormel Complete meals taste better and much cheaper. So by eating these meals with the less sugar I have continued losing the pounds at the same pace as on Nurtisystem.

We cruise on our boat a lot and we found the Hormel Complete meals convenient and a easy way to store meals onboard that do not need refrigeration and are easy to prepare onboard. Perfect match for boaters. Thanks Hormel....p.s. the mashed potatoes need improving. My favorite meal is Turkey with dressing and the Pot Roast.

I would never buy another one of these products. They advert

from Azle, Texas

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

Claims it's ready in 1 minute! Took me 5 minutes to get it hot enough to eat! Never again!

Just ate my last Compleats meal!

from New Brighton, Pa

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

When they first arrived on the shelf I thought they were awesome! The amount, flavor, timing, loved it all! Now not so much. Over the years I've noticed the size of the chicken has gotten smaller and smaller. Today there was next to no chicken in my meal. I could have made sure if the potatoes and gravy were up to par. But no. There's practically no flavor anymore. Was very disappointed. As with the last time. Now that I know it wasn't just one time, it'll be the last time.

Hormel Compleats are perfect

from Pueblo Colorado

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I am trying to lose weight and tried different diets. I find the Hormel compleats the absolute perfect way to lose pounds and feel satisfied. The portions are just enough to make you feel full and cut the fat. The macro's are almost perfect depending on the combination of meals you eat in a day. Protein 38%, Carb 36% Fat 26%. I do physique bodybuilding and use this to lean out. 3 to 4 Meals per day, plus protein drinks twice per day. You will loose pounds for sure. They taste great. People who are criticizing these foods are fools and do not know much about nutrition. If your looking to stuff your face go to Mcdonalds or Taco bell.

Terrible.

from South Carolina

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

As a broke college student, I have eaten multiple flavors including mashed potatoes and meatloaf, beef stew, turkey and dressing, and ham and egg. They all taste exactly the same.