2.8

Hormel Completes Microwave Meals

2.8

Pros

Cons

Hormel Compleats are great for what they were developed for..

I can't understand how people can bash a product that does what it is designed to do, and does it well.  I read a few comments that stated that the contents did not match the picture on the cardboard wrapper.  There is one word for that, "dah!"  As a fast, low-calorie meal, all "Compleats" satisfy a hungry, rushed office worker - You do have to monitor the sodium though.  This sure beats a Big "M" meal, or a couple of slices of Pizza - Just be a little open minded; if you can't, then spend your money in a restaurant (don't forget to leave the tip).

Hormel's Compleats - really -2 stars.

Hormel - Compleat - "Chicken, Gravy, Mashed Potato"

Hormel - Compleat - "Chicken, Gravy, Mashed Potato"

Today I ate... well, I hesitate to call it "lunch", because that puts a lot of other food in bad company. Let's say, "I ate at noon".I'm not a huge fan of food that comes with instructions, but the "low fat, 200 calories" bumpf swayed me, & I decided to give it a go.Firstly: you could tell it was "low fat" because all the taste calories had been removed to make way for the preservatives.Next: the front of the packaging promised me chicken breast, mashed potato & gravy. The contents... well, allow me an analogy. Say there was a curtain with Angelina Jolie printed on it, and when you pulled it aside there was me. Technically, all the advertised elements of the package are there, but they just don't fit together as expected.Also: despite draining off half of the nasty-looking liquid-claiming-to-be-gravy, the pureed white-froth-claiming-to-be-mash was still essentially soup. The chicken (actual breast meat, credit for that) had *A* taste but not a chicken-flavoured taste as one might reasonably expect.Finally: it went down, but the stomach got one sample & went on strike, and has spent the last 4 hours trying vigorously to send it back.I heartily recommend never EVER subjecting yourself to the awful, unspeakable travesty of "food" that is the Compleats range, produced by Hormel. To shamelessly paraphrase from Star Trek: It may be sustenance, Jim, but not as we know it.

Just ate my last Compleats meal!

from New Brighton, Pa

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

When they first arrived on the shelf I thought they were awesome! The amount, flavor, timing, loved it all! Now not so much. Over the years I've noticed the size of the chicken has gotten smaller and smaller. Today there was next to no chicken in my meal. I could have made sure if the potatoes and gravy were up to par. But no. There's practically no flavor anymore. Was very disappointed. As with the last time. Now that I know it wasn't just one time, it'll be the last time.

Hormel Compleats are perfect

from Pueblo Colorado

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I am trying to lose weight and tried different diets. I find the Hormel compleats the absolute perfect way to lose pounds and feel satisfied. The portions are just enough to make you feel full and cut the fat. The macro's are almost perfect depending on the combination of meals you eat in a day. Protein 38%, Carb 36% Fat 26%. I do physique bodybuilding and use this to lean out. 3 to 4 Meals per day, plus protein drinks twice per day. You will loose pounds for sure. They taste great. People who are criticizing these foods are fools and do not know much about nutrition. If your looking to stuff your face go to Mcdonalds or Taco bell.

Terrible.

from South Carolina

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

As a broke college student, I have eaten multiple flavors including mashed potatoes and meatloaf, beef stew, turkey and dressing, and ham and egg. They all taste exactly the same.

They made them smaller now.

from Mpls, MN

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

My husband bought these for his lunch, at 10 oz. they barely hit the mark and he would suppliment the meal with fruit etc. BUT now they make the meal 3 oz smaller and the price stays the same. He isn't going to buy them anymore he said, he will get lunch meat and make sandwiches.

Hormel Should Be Ashamed

from Lexington NC

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

Tried these because my refrigerator was dying....The "Roast turkey" with Dressing is a joke. Mystery meat it is...turkey it definitely is not.... gross

Not too bad, but not great

from Ann Arbor, MI

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I normally prefer to make and eat homemade breakfasts like waffles, muffins or even eggs. I received a free sample of one Hormel Compleats Good Mornings meal and so I figured why not give it a try. I chose to try the Sausage Gravy and Roasted Potatoes meal. It defiantly wasn't the worst meal that I had ever had. But it didn't taste amazing either. (In fact it was a little spicy for my taste.) It was certainly more quick and easy than homemaking muffin batter and waiting for them to bake. It wasn't super filling either and I was left wanting more food to satisfy my hunger. It is a processed meal and so not all that healthy for you you but if you occasionally have to have something quick and easy it wouldn't be all that bad of a choice. Personally I don't plan on purchasing them again but at this point in my life I can spend a little more time making a healthier, homemade breakfast.

The horror...

from Kansas

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

My mother used to by Hormel Completes Microwave Meals when I was growing up and I had to eat them. I hated them then and I hate them now. There is seriously something wrong with a microwave meal product that does NOT require refrigeration. What in the world is in these things!? I obviously know microwave meals are unhealthy but there has to be some very weird chemicals in this to make it last unrefrigerated!

There are many different flavors of Hormel Completes Microwave Meals ranging from full meals to side dishes, such a macaroni and cheese. These are not low calorie meals, keep in mind; these are full calorie and fat content meals. I just generally do not think these taste good. The pasta is mushy and the meat and potato entrees never cook evenly. Overall, I think all the dishes I have tried simply have a weird slimy texture to them.

I do NOT recommend these microwave meals. I cannot even imagine what is in these things, since they do not even need refrigerated.

Hormel Completes Quick Meals

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I just recently discovered Hormel Completes microwave meals a few months ago. Some of the meals I really like and some I don't like at all. The meals that have mashed potatoes in them i do not like at all. The mash potatoes doesn't come out right after the meal is warmed up. The mash potatoes to me didn't look real and the texture just wasn't right. The beef stew with vegetables, pot roast beef, apple cinnamon oatmeal, chicken and rice, pasta with bacon are some of my favorite meals. Once these meals are warmed up in the microwave (which only takes about one minute or so), they taste very good. Hormel Complete microwave meals are also inexpensive and you get a good amount of food for the price. There are a good variety of meals to choose from which includes both breakfast meals and dinner meals. Overall I have had a good experience with the meals. They are quick to warm up and to me they fill me up. I like to take these meals to work for lunch and the meals are already seasoned to my liking. So explore the Hormel Complete Microwave Meals they are quick to prepare and a pretty good meal!

Barely edible - buy only if desperate

from Bloomfield, CT

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I got a package of their Chicken Carbonara with a coupon this week. It wasn't worth what I paid, which was nothing. It was mostly sauce and the sauce was mostly flour. And salt. It was a total waste of bacon. Sometimes free food is free for a reason. You couldn't pay me to eat this again.

One word: chemicals

Comments about Hormel Completes Microwave Meals:

I picked a couple of these up at the store because they sounded quick, easy and by description, delicious. It was absolutely quick, and no denying the ease...but when I peeled back the plastic on my chicken & gravy dinner, I found a pink, oval shaped slice of "chicken" that not only resembled chemicals, it had a strong chemical odor. It didn't even have a slight aroma of the comfort food I was craving. I tried it anyway and to no surprise, it tasted like chemicals. Not even a little bit like chicken. I'm not a picky eater in the slightest but this crap was nasty and went in the trash. I should've known, buying an already prepared meal that's not frozen or even refrigerated in the first place but I guess I'm an optimist. My dog sure wanted it though.