2.4

2.4

NOT SO GREAT ANYMORE

from Ofallon, IL.

About Me Health Conscious

Pros

• All Natural

Cons

• Bad Flavor
  • Bland

Give back the flavor !

Hormel Black Label Lower Sodium Bacon

Comments about Hormel Black Label Bacon:

I expected to smell that delicious smell of bacon and all I got was the smell of piss and the more it cooked the stronger the piss smell got. I don't know what you people at Hormel are trying to do by raising the price and lowering the standards of your product but I will never buy your product again. As a matter of fact it will be a long time before I ever eat pork again!!!!!!!!

Best mainsteam bacon

Comments about Hormel Black Label Bacon:

Black Label is the standard for pre-sliced bacon, it smells divine while it's cooking. Perfect saltiness and signature bacony flavor. Cooks up nice and crispy with a hint of smokiness, among the supermarket brands this one is at the top.

Horrible Bacon

from Cambridge, MN

Comments about Hormel Black Label Bacon:

It is one of the fattiest packages of bacon on the market. What is with you companies selling this shit for the price you are and the size of the packs are about the same but the amount is smaller and almost all fat. Black Lable used to be one of the best but noe I will never buy this again. FAT,FAT,FAT that is all you get. I am bringing the fat back to the store and demanding a refund.

Inferior brand name bacon

from Austin, TX

Comments about Hormel Black Label Bacon:

Of the name brand bacons I usually buy Oscar Meyer but this time I bought Hormel Black Label as it was on sale and OM was expensive. Anyway I opened the package and the bacon was so wet and slimy I thought my fridge was on the fritz. But after you cook the bacon you soon figure out what the issue is this bacon just has a ridiculous amount of water injected into it. I've seriously never seen anything like it. That creates several problems when you cook the bacon. The bacon basically stews in its own water as you cook it making it impossible to get a nice crisp piece of bacon with a normal cooking time. That produces rubbery, stewed bacon. Then of course theres the matter of you getting absolutely ripped off because at least 20% of what you bought is water.

Really people need to start writing to these jerkoff companies and letting them know this isnt acceptable and you wont be buying their products in the future if they continue trying to rip the customer off.

This bacon sucks totally dont buy it.

Hormel Black Label Bacon has gone downhill!

from Malabar, FL

Comments about Hormel Black Label Bacon:

Have loved and used Hormel Black Label bacon most of my life.  Recently I brought a 16 ounce package home (after examining inside the flaps like always), opened it up and was shocked. There was so much fat and so little meat I could hardly believe it.  I cut off the fat and weighed what was left: 2.9 ounces.  Good grief!

Picture crispy perfect slices of bacon - that's what you get

from southern, NC

Comments about Hormel Black Label Bacon:

I just hate flabby bacon or the slices that are burned in spots but raw and fatty in others. I don't like to eat bacon like that, and I sure hate to cook it up looking and tasting less than perfect.

So, I generally buy Hormel Black Label Bacon.

The taste is the first plus with Hormel BLB. They season the smoked bacon perfectly. There are several flavor varieties. All are very tasty. I generally just get the original, but the maple is great with pancakes.

Black Label frys up pretty too, and I do think appearance is important when it comes to food. The coloring is great. The meat cooks evenly. Slices come out crisp. I make bacon that looks like it comes right off the magazine ad page.

I would add a tip about bacon. It's important to cook it slow and at low heat. It just takes time to do it right. Even BLB will look bad if tossed in a pan over high heat.