Other Vacuums:
Hoover
UH70120
Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum

Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum

Pros

• Easy to empty (7)
  • Efficient (6)
  • Powerful/good suction (6)
  • Easy to use (5)
  • Long power cord (5)

• Carpet (7)
  • Pet hair (4)
  • Tile floors (4)
  • Hardwood floors (3)
    • Reviewer Profile:
    • Frequent user (6)
    • Personal (6)

Great suction, but still has flaws

The Hoover WindTunnel T-series is a great bagless vacuum for the money. The suction is great. It is wonderful for pet hair. This is the reason we bought it since our other vacuum...Read complete review

The Hoover WindTunnel T-series is a great bagless vacuum for the money. The suction is great. It is wonderful for pet hair. This is the reason we bought it since our other vacuum died.

Pros: The price is reasonable. It is a lot cheaper than buying a Dyson. The suction is great. It has not lost any suction yet. This is great for us since we need it to get fur out of the rugs. It's bagless, so you save on the cost of buying bags. It is very light weight. Our last vacuum was heavy and would fall when using the attachments. This one rolls with you. The cord rewinds so you don't have to worry about winding it up yourself. it is out of the way. Hopefully this part won't break over time.

Cons: The only complaint I have is that what you've vacuumed up sometimes comes back out. The seal between the compartment and the pipe that leads from the bottom of the vacuum to the suction container does not work very well. I have had a problem with things coming out around the edge of it.

Just enough . . . pay a little more and get something better

My son needed a vacuum so I gave him my Dyson, thinking I would buy a better one later.  I have 2 Shih Tzus--they don't shed much, but I need to vacuum at least every other day since I have allergies.  I bought this Hoover as an interim vacuum with the intent I would do more research and buy a really good vacuum later on.  This Hoover is just "okay" -- it does the minimum -- it is unable to pick up edges with one pass.  There is a high-pitched sound which becomes even louder when using the hand tools.  Also, the suction when using the hand tools is so strong that I have a hard time stretching the hose.  In addition to my dogs, I have long hair.  When emptying the canister, hairs/dust get stuck in the holes and I have to pick it out.  However, you have easy access to the inside because the clear cover can be removed.  This Hoover has a retractable cord, but is way shorter than my Dyson.  I could vacuum two rooms without unplugging my Dyson, whereas the Hoover can barely do my living room alone.  Also, the red plastic rectangular piece protecting the vacuum from the retractable cord broke the first time I used the vacuum.  I have to keep snapping it in place every time I pull out the cord.  This vacuum will go upstairs (where the dogs are not allowed) once I get a better vacuum.  If you need one good vacuum, spend a little more and buy something else.  This would probably be good for college students living off campus--cheap and just "okay."  Wanted to update this review:  With most vacuums, you have the option of using the attachments.  But sometimes, I just want to vacuum up a small piece of lint or rubbish, but guess what...you will have no suction if you do not use an attachment.  With my other vacuum, I could just use the hose without an attachment and I would still have suction without having to use an attachment.  Also, the other day, while I was using the hose with the attachment, I didn't realize that using the attachment does not stop the motor on the floor sweeper.  It is still running and it ate my throw rug.  Needless to say, if I didn't smell the motor overheating, I might have caused severe damage to the vacuum.  I had to throw away my rug, because it got a hold of a loose fiber and pulled the entire row off.  The carpet was missing a whole mid-section.  Didn't see that coming.

First model great, 2nd nope

from Farmington, MO

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Long Power Cord

Cons

• Heavy
  • Inefficient
  • Unreliable

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

The first model I've had for 5 years and it's reached its end, but was a great vacuum while it lasted. Lightweight and the rewind was very useful. But it started it "time out" and it would turn off before I'd finish the living room. It would come back on after about 15 minutes to finish. I feel that it should have lasted longer for the price but it's not too expensive either i guess. The second model I purchased when the after up too much. It was SO much heavier, the cord didn't rewind more than a few inches and it didn't have a good suction at all in addition to the random turning off right out of the box. It went back very quickly. I like the rewind feature, the first model and the attachments overall!

Buy if you have animal

from Lombard IL

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I use this for carpet and floors it's amazing how much dog hair and dust it picks up. After each use I empty and if filter gets dirty you can rinse out. Love my Hoover and the price is right and does great work. Buy it !!!

Great vacuum

from Springfield,Mo

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Short Power Cord

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I had a vacuum that I used and thought it done a good job.When I got this Hoover bagless and used it for the first time the compartment filled the first use.I didn't no how much my old one wasn't getting.This Hoover out did mine hands down.Easy to clean.Easy to empty.I don't have to spend extra money on bags.The cord isn't long enough but that's a minor complaint.It has a foot operated whind for the cord.Great vacume.You will love this vacuum as much as I do.

It's good for the money

from Billings, MT

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Efficient
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Smells

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum was a wedding gift 6 years ago, so know that it's gone through some good use. I use it a couple times a week since I have three floors in my house, two kids, and a dog. I feel like when I use it, the bagless compartment fills up a lot, so it obviously has good suction, however, it smells terrible. I don't know if it's the dog hair or what, but we are constantly taking it apart to clean it all out and changing the filter, and we cannot figure out why it smells so terrible. The cord is super long and is retractable, but our broke so we just have to wrap it around the handle now. I think that might just be the luck of the draw because others I know with this vacuum haven't had that problem, and to me it's really not that big of a deal. It can get overheated easily, so make sure to clean it out after each use and make sure the tubing isn't clogged. If it overheats, it just shuts off until you clean it. I agree with whoever said that connection from the bagless container onto the vacuum has a poor seal on it. I find my legs covered in dust sometimes even though I've checked and rechecked the seal around it. Overall, for being a cheaper vacuum, it does the job, but I hope to upgrade someday!

Excited as ever

from Goldsboro, NC

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Long Power Cord
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Heavy

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

Absolutely love my Hoover, I wouldn't trade it for the world. The pet hair this thing pulls up is amazing. That gives me the feeling of knowing how clean and hair free my home is.

Great vacuum

from Usa

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
    • Easy to Use
    • Efficient
    • Lightweight
    • Powerful/Good Suction

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I would definitely recommend this vacuum it works great picks up everything definitely a great vacuum

Love this vacuum!

from Osteen, Fl

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
      • Easy to Use
      • Efficient
      • Lightweight
      • Long Power Cord
      • Powerful/Good Suction

• Stairs

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I love this vacuum! My husband and I bought it a year and a half ago and it keeps up with my Shepherd who sheds like crazy! I've used it on carpet, tile, and laminate and it works wonderfully on all three. Very easy to move, take apart, clean.

Great vacumm

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I love all of the attachments and versatility of this vacuum. The bag less vacuum makes it easy to empty. It also picks up dog hair easily. I recommend this vacuum on both hard wood and carpet.

Maneuverability
        The attachments make it easy to clean against the wall or reach up to the ceiling.

Ease of Maintenance
        I love being able to empty the bag less vacuum after every use! Very easy to clean.

Suction Performance
        You are able to set the vacuum to the floor level. Works great on both carpet and hardwood floor. Picks up anything left on my floor (mother of an 18 month old). We also have a long- haired dog, who sheds all year round. His hair is easily picked up with this vacuum.

Versatility
        There are many accessories that are easily changed out while on the go. This vacuum makes cleaning along the wall EASY!

You are able to put the cord back into the vacuum at the press of a button. This is super convenient. The vacuum is easy to pick up and carry if needed. Easily stored in a closet when not being used.

Love it so far

from Fishers, IN

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

We replaced a fairly new, fairly expensive bagged vacuum with this one because we were having trouble finding the right bags for it. I love this vacuum! The first time I used it I vacuumed with this I worked for 3 hours moving furniture and cleaning everything. I was amazed at the amount of dust and dog hair the new vacuum was picking up when I thought my carpet was pretty clean.

My only complaints are that it is not as light as I thought it would be based on their description, it would be nice if the cord was a little longer, and I wasn't all that impressed with the brush attachment.

Versatility
        This vacuum does not have a hard floor setting like my old one and I assume it would scratch my wood floors.

The squared corners make it easier to get into edges but I didn't think the suction from the sides was very good. I would have preferred it be able to pull the dirt from the corners better.

• Versatility:

Great Vacuum for the price.

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum:

I think the Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Bagless Vacuum UH70120 is a great buy. I needed a new vacuum but didn't want to spend a lot of money because they don't seem to last all that long. I picked this one up and was very surprised by what a great job it did. I love the dirt cup and how easy it is to just empty it. It also comes with a filter that can be rinsed out and left to air dry. Comes with a auto rewind cord and four different on-board tools. It is pretty lightweight so it is easy to carry from one floor to the next. I also like that it has five positions for the carpet height adjustments so I can also use it on bare floors. I have had this vacuum for over a year now and have not had any problem with it at all. If I ever need a new one I will be sure to purchase another Hoover WindTunnel.

Maneuverability
        Very easy to maneuver and lightweight.

Ease of Maintenance
        Easy to empty dirt cup and clean filter.

Suction Performance
        Does a great job especially on pet hair.

Versatility
        Has great on-board tools.

Great design.

Haven't had one problem. Love it.