3.7
UH60010
Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum

Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum

3.7

My Hoover vacuum makes cleaning my home a breeze.

After going through several vacuums in less than 2 years, I really took my time making my next vacuum purchase.  I moved to a much larger home with nearly all carpeted flooring.  I have a second level and 2 staircases so I needed a vacuum that would be easy to carry upstairs as well as with an attachment that would make stair cleaning easy.  I found all that I was looking for in the Hoover Windtunnel.  With no bags to empty, this vacuum caught my attention quickly.  It is lightweight so carrying it up and down the stairs is not a back breaker.  It is powerful enough to clean the carpets well and the attachments provide me with what I need to get the stairs cleaned well and with ease.  One of my favorite things about the Hoover Windtunnel is the retractable cord.  It is bothersome to me to wrap the cord around and around everytime I get done vacuuming since I vacuum often.  The automatic cord is a dream for me.  This is another plus when it is time to carry the vacuum upstairs.  If I ever need to replace this vacuum, it will be with another Hoover Windtunnel.  I will never switch brands again.

Hoover Windtunnel not worth the money

I have had 3 windtunnels in 5 years, and none of the three lasted more than 2 years.  I quit buying them.  The biggest problem is that after a while it develops a leak in the vacuum system - you can hear the hissing sound when trying to vacuum and it eventually quits sucking up dirt.

Until they wear out, they are great vacuums.  The emptyable dirt cup is very convenient - if you accidentally suck up an earring, it is easy to recover it.   The on-board attachments are very convenient and easy to use.  However, this is a very heavy vacuum.  I could never vacuum my whole house in 1 day because it was exhausting - and I'm in decent shape and in my thirties.

It is inconvenient to change the settings when you are vacuuming different kinds of surfaces.  You have to turn off the vacuum and adjust the height or carpet/hard floor controls, which takes time.  The switches are also hard to use - it takes real strength to change them.

works good on my pet hair

from Queen Creek, AZ

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vacuum as a second vacuum to my Kirby. I use it mostly on my furniture and for cleaning high up.

the attachments are not as good as I hoped they would be. I need longer attachments but they work O.K.

The attachment for the furniture works very good a picking up the pet hair.

I have used it on my carpets and the brushes work very good and gets the dirt out nicely right now.

The Vacuum is light weight and has a long cord so I can go along ways with out having to unplug. It is much more quite than my kirby which sounds like a jet taking off in the house. This Vacuum is a good value for the price

This vacuum is so-so

from Golden, CO

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum:

I did quite a bit of research before I bought this, but that didn't work out, because I don't care for this vacuum very much. The good points are that it is durable, and seems to work well. But there are quite a few negative. My biggest pet peeve is that it has that hot-engine smell, and it makes me a little nauseous. It doesn't seem to bother my husband, but I always open windows when I vacuum, and I shouldn't have to do that. There are adjustments for height of the carpet, and I find them difficult to switch from setting to setting. It's a little-top-heavy; when I use the attachments, I'm constantly monitering whether I'm pulling too hard on the hose, because the vacuum will tip over. I guess I wish that either it would break, or that I was the sort of person who could throw out a functioning vacuum cleaner and buy something nicer!

• Maneuverability:

from Fort Mill, SC

Power bagles vaccuum

from North Palm Beach, FL

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum:

I bought this vac about a month ago and so far it is great. I have been buying the really inexpensive models and have been unhappy (get what you pay for). I decided to spend the extra on this one after lots of research. It is powerful and has 3 levels of adjustable power control. I have dogs and it sucks up all the hair. The cord is plenty long and the wand extends so you do not have to bend over too much. The bagless container is decent sized and easy to use.

Hoover is a top of the line Vacum

from Biscoe, NC

Hoover- Fusion Vacum is top rated

The Fusion has a wind tunnel instead of those expensive bag changing. Making it pay for it's self in a short period of time. You just take the wind tunnel out and empty in the trash, Replace back and you are ready to go again

The Hoover Fusion gets the dirt out of the carpet instead of blowing the dirt around on the floor like alot of the Vacums I have had in the past

It comes with all of the accesories to do your Furniture, Curtains and dusting, easiley attachable. Just change them out, and you are set to go again. When the tunnel gets a little full I always empty it for best performances.

I have cats and I have no problem with the cats hairs being picked up. It gets them all. No sitting down and saying I just Vacumed. Why do I still see little hairs on the carpet?

I have had mine for four years and no problems so far.

The best vacum made, only a Hoover cleans the best.

from Port Richey, FL

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum:

I've had several different vaccums, and the only ones that have really lasted long is Hoovers.  This one is not only bagless, but in my opion is the only one to have.  It picks up dirt and sand from carpets, tile floors, wood floors, any floors.  It cleans like a dream and is easy to empty and store away.

great if you have pets!

from Medford, NY

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum:

This model of Hoover Windtunnel does a wonderful job of picking up pet hair.  Emptying the canister can become quite messy and dusty.  But since i have to clean up after 2 dogs and a child, this seems to be a small price to pay for clean floors.  This vacuum has never clogged on me.  It moves easily on the floor, but is not all that light if carrying upstairs.  The upholstery attachment never seems to have enough suction- but i find this to be true of most of them.  Good cleaner overall!

Hoover Wind Tunnel Bagless Vacuum

from Parker, CO

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum has both pros and cons. Pros- It picks up well. My carpets are left very clean and tidy. It has lights on it so you can see when you go into closets, etc. Easy to empty and no need to buy bags, that's a big plus. It comes with many attachments so you can get into all sort of tight spaces and has a long extension and convenient places on the vacuum to store them so you don't lose them somewhere. On the vacuum is a slider that you can adjust according to the height of floor you are vacuuming. (E.g, you can set it so the floor height is short, such as on a wood floor, or high, such as a shag carpet/rug). Cons- the only con is that it is really heavy. It's difficult to vacuum stairs with.

Not worth it

from Topeka, IN

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum:

We bought this vacuum about 3 years ago and it is now pretty much junk. The vacuum makes the house smell like a wet dog every time we use it and we have one non-shedding dog so it is not the cleanliness of our house that is the issue because our house is not dirty. It leaves behind as much as it picks up so I have to go over the same area multiple times. The dirt holder clogs fairly easily with only a small amount of dirt and hair so we either have to dig it out (gross) or bang it which causes dirt to fly all over and usually the filter falls in the trash. The little brush thing to use on stairs quit working after about 10 uses. We have two females with fairly long hair and the sweeper quicly gets bound up with hair and has to be taken apart, this is a pain. We have washed the filters, replaced the filters but to no avail the smell remains. I just have to get a new vacuum, I can not stand it any longer.

Great, affordable vacuum!

from Deer Park, WA

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Self-Propelled Bagless Vacuum:

We were having a dinner party and our vacuum broke about 2 hours before the party.  We were in a pinch and bought the first thing we saw, that was in our price range.  I was unsure about the bagless, but I have been very pleased with the product, especially at the price we paid!  We have an indoor dog, that sheds quite a bit.  This vacuum picks up all the hair.  When I notice that the container isn't as full as usual, I know I need to clean the filters.  It's very easy to clean and only takes about 5 minutes, then the vacuum is like brand new.  All of the attachments work well and fit nicely in the vacuum.  This machine is lightweight enough for my five-year-old to use.  Between the dog, the cat, and we also have three little children, this vacuum has really been put through the ringer and it still works great.  I would suggest it to friends and would buy it again if we needed another one.