3.7

3.7

Pros

Cons

Great even with 2 cats!

I absolutely love this vacuum!  This is my second one like this.  It is great for use on everything from hardwood to plush carpet.  I also use it to vacuum the cat hair off my furniture and bed comforter, which is a several times a week task.  The attachment has powerful suction as well.  After several months my husband takes the attachment apart and cleans out excess hair that has accumulated.  My husband is also a neat freak and when he empties the dirt, he also uses a whisk brush to brush off the filter.  I think this probably helps it to pick up better and last longer, even though it doesn't say to do that.  After I use the vacuum, I can definitely tell.  It gives the carpet a fresh look.  I have even used one of the brushes to clean my mini blinds and it does and excellent job.  I've read the reviews stating that this vacuum doesn't pick up pet hair well, but I really disagree with that.  I have two cats, one of which is long hair.  I vacuum several times a week as the long haired cat drops tufts of fluff on the carpet.  I've never had problems with this Hoover taking care of getting it up on carpet, furniture and bedding.

not enough suction

I own a Hoover Windtunnel bagless upright vaccum and let me tell you would never buy one ever ever again.  I now wish I would have bought a Dyson!  I thought my previous vaccum sweeper was bad...ha. Thie windtunnel is no better.  many faults with the sweeper keep it from being truely great.  Some of the filters work good, but the one that is in the canister that you have to empty...needs to be washable!!  There is no way to get that filter really clean so that it picks up really well. I take it outside and bang it on the side of the deck and dust flies everywhere.  I have my husband blow it out with the airhose but thats a disaster too.  another problem is when you go to dump the canister and you tip it over, the filter wants to fall out with it and usually does and makes a huge mess.  The on board tools leave something to be desired to.  The only tool that works is the wider attatchment with the teeth, that helps some with pet hair but not very well.  I have 2 cats and keeping up with their fur is impossible.  This vaccum does not work well for pet hair and has a few kinks to be worked out.

Great Vacuum for Pet Hair

from Lafayette, LA

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Noisy

• Carpet
  • Pet Hair

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

The Hoover Windtunnel Vacuum is a lifesaver when it comes to vacuuming up pet hair. I have a long-haired cat that sheds often and I've gone through vacuums more times than I can count. I bought this particular vacuum because it is rated exceptionally well when it comes to cleaning up pet hair. This vacuum is durable and I've had it for well over 3 years now. It is a noisy vacuum though. My favorite feature is the retractable cord. The cord is long enough and this vacuum is easy to maneuver. The only trouble I've had with this vacuum is when we vacuumed Christmas tree pine needles. That seemed to clog up the vacuum and we had a struggle to take the vacuum apart to clean it out well. Once we figured out how to do that, the vacuum has been working well since then. If you have pets or hard to clean areas, this little vacuum gets the job done. For the price, I'd say this is a great bargain.

• Primary use:
  • Personal

Best bagless vacuum I've used!

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

I have had a few bagless vacuums as well as used some at homes I clean and this is by far the beat I have used. I works well on all surfaces. Has really good suction and if the filters get clogged it is bit hard at all to clean them out

Maneuverability
The Hoover is extremely easy to move around, gets in most spaces easily. My only complaint would be that it would be nice to be able to get under lower surfaces but the attachments are very useful for that.

Ease of Maintenance
When the vacuum filters fill up in this they are extremely easy to clean. I just rinse them in hot water, then dish soap and water to clean , rinse again, wring them out and let them dry. I love not having to pay for bags or have the extra waste!

Suction Performance
Never have I had any issue with the suction on this machine. There has been nothing that it won't pick up. The suction works great on all surfaces too...rugs, linoleum and hardwoods.

Versatility
The hoses in this vacuum along with the attachments make it really easy to use for getting those cobwebs up on the ceiling, getting low under the furniture, cleaning off the baseboards and all the corners on the stairs.

The design on this is simple which I like. There are no awkward attachments to use, the switch had good placement and it is easy to lower.

Both of my aggressive teenagers have used this and tormented our 3 dogs with it! We use for in the house and cleaning out the car. We have put this vacuum through a lot and it still goes strong. Really an impressive machine.

Love it!!

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum cleaner has a great suction and is able to suck a large quantity of dirt! I love the bagless feature as changing out the bags was not something that I remembered to do in the past.

Maneuverability
I gave this one the lowest rating of all simply because my young children were not able to help with vacuuming chores because the vacuum is tall and difficult to maneuver for little ones. It was a bit heavy for me too when I tried to take it upstairs, etc. As long as the wheel feature is utilized, weight is not a problem.

Ease of Maintenance
I was very happy with how well this vacuum worked especially with dumping the bag of lint/dirt and seeing how easy it was to do that. Even putting the lint tray back was easy which is not the case with past vacuums.

Versatility
The vacuum cleaner has a carpet adjustment and another for hard floor which came in handy if we ever preferred to vacuum our hard floors over sweeping. We haven't used it much but it is nice knowing that it is an option. Additionally, I like to vacuum the couch and upholstery on occasion and I am able to pull the hose out and use the small vacuum attachment which makes it very easy also.

Hoover windtunnel

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

It's not a bad vacuum but it's far from the best one out there. Not the best suction and the hose gets clogged very easily. It's also very messy to empty the container and getting the dust off the filter is disastrous. With that said it has a long life, I've had mine going on 8 years and we've only had to replace the belt once. Also watch vacuuming to close to a white base board, it will leave red streaks and ruin the paint.

Maneuverability
A bit clunky to move around and it's not lightweight, hard to carry up and down stairs.

Ease of Maintenance
It's a dusty mess to empty the canister and tapping the filter to remove all the dust. I highly recommend going outside or you will have a huge mess.

Suction Performance
It could use some work in the suction department. Good for normal food crumbs and dust, but not so good on pet hair or any small debris that has any weight to it.

Versatility
Comes with lots of attachments so good for stairs, lamp shades, and blinds and reaching high up corners.

The design is okay, the hose does fall out a lot mid vacuum which is quite annoying.

This thing can last. I refuse to buy a new vacuum until mine dies and it just won't! I've had it 8 years and still going strong.

• Versatility:

Don't Waste You Money On This!

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

This so called "vacuum" is too heavy and has very little suction. The canister is not sealed properly and you must empty it after each time that you vacuum. And you must do that in the outside trash because produces huge amounts of dust. The HEPA filter is useless. I have never had to clean it. This vacuum cleaner does not work well on hard floors at all. Everything shoots back behind it. The attachments only add to more misery. The compartment for the attachments is always falling open on its own and the contents fall out. While vacuuming, it produced black streaks on my baseboards and they must be painted over, for I have yet to find a cleaner that will remove them. The cord is the only good feature. It has a good length. If you need a reliable vacuum cleaner, stick with the older models. I went back to using my old Hoover, THE BOSS. It may not have an Hepa filter, but at least it cleans.

• Versatility:

Cheap product with average results.

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

This vacuum was bought on sale from a Fred Meyer Store and I wish we had invested in a higher quality vacuum. Our house has two labs that appear to shed enough fur each day to create a Chihuahua. We also have a bird that likes to scatter seed and paper shreds around his cage and on our carpet. We use a woodstove for heat during the winter and that means wood debris and, on occasion, ash. This vacuum just can't keep up with the demands of our household. We have to empty the canister every few minutes. It is frustrating to have to empty the container every three minutes risking the contents that I had just vacuumed up spilling out on the carpet I just cleaned.

Cleaning the filter is a pain to do. The dust flies into the dumper's face and a cloud surrounds the dumper with a brown cloud. I have asthma and allergies which means emptying the container means a coughing fit and an asthma attack. The vacuum also gets clogged easily which means more work and clouds of dust.

I think this vacuum would be okay for light cleaning, but for anything more I would suggest a higher quality vacuum.

• Versatility:

The suction is way too strong and drags along the carpet.

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

Suction is way too strong.

Suction Performance
Way too strong and the customer service offers nothing in the way of helping to solve the problem. I was told basically to "just buy another vacuum, because there is nothing we can do about it"! She also told me to take it back to the store, when in fact, it says right on the instruction manual NOT TO
TAKE IT BACK TO THE STORE! I will NEVER buy another Hoover product and will tell anyone who asks exactly what I have told you.

• Versatility:

Summarize this product in one sentence.

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

Th hose jumped out of the plastic holder that connects to the head while I was just pushing the vacuum across the floor. Nothing pulled on hose, it just came out. There is no way I can get it back in without going to a repair shop. I haven't used this vacuum very much, so I dobn't understand why it happened.

• Versatility:

This one has hung on for the long haul

from Winterville, GA

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

My husband and I bought this vacuum back in 2000 and we are still using it today. It is finally just this year starting to lose suction. I don't know if they still make this vacuum as well as they did back then, but it has been a wonderful one for us for the past twelve years. We have cleaned up behind two pugs with it, and if you know anything about pugs they shed 365 days a year. It has picked up a lot, and I do mean a lot, of dog hair over the years and never got clogged. It has done a great job of cleaning up behind our family and leaving the carpet clean enough that I am comfortable having family time on the floor. I would definitely recommend this vacuum if they still make them like they use to!

• Versatility:

Have to empty it outside to keep from getting dirt inside

from Lone Tree, CO

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel Bagless Vacuum:

I guess I'm not a bagless person. I have an older bagged Hoover and because of all the hype about bagless vacuums I decided to buy one. It worked great the first few times I used it. Then I had to empty it. What a Mess! Who would prefer having dust and dirt fly everywhere instead of removing a contained bag and throwing it away? If the dirt would just easily fall out of the container, I might be okay with it. But it doesn't. You have to use your hand to pull out all the dirt. And after a while the vacuum doesn't do a very good job of getting all the dirt off the carpet. I am very disappointed in this bagless hoover and use my old hoover all the time instead,

Ease of Maintenance
This is impossible to keep clean and cleaning it is messy. You have to do it outside if you don't want to get your house dirty.

Suction Performance
Was good for a while, but gets worse the more I use it.