Other Vacuums:
Bagless Upright Vacuums
Hoover
Hoover WindTunnel 2 Upright Vacuum UH70801

Hoover WindTunnel 2 Upright Vacuum UH70801

Easy care and powerful cleaning

from Sugar Land, TX

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel 2 Upright Vacuum UH70801:

I've owned several other brands of vacuums in the past, but this one has impressed me the most thus far. Perhaps it's because I can watch the mounds of dust collecting in the bagless canister, or perhaps it's that vacuuming my mostly-carpet apartment seems like less of a chore than it used to...

Maneuverability
The first time I used this upright vacuum, I did have to struggle a little to push it on my mid-pile carpet. The subsequent times seemed easier, though I still work up a sweat! It comes with attachments for cleaning in the hard-to-reach spots, such as corners where the vacuum doesn't fit, underneath beds and sofas, as well as behind furniture. I suppose the hose could be used for dusting in higher spots, such as on top of ceiling fans, though I haven't attempted this.

Ease of Maintenance
Emptying out the bagless dust canister is as easy as flipping a few latches and turning the canister over your trash can. Once you get to the point where you clean and rinse off the filter, and then wait for 24 hours for it to dry fully, that might be a little more annoying. However, most, if not all, vacuums will require that step anyway.

Suction Performance
I was shocked by how much dust the vacuum picked up the very first time I vacuumed. I had just moved into a new apartment, and the carpet had been cleaned prior to my arrival. I could see the huge clump of dust in the canister -- good for noting that the vacuum was doing its job, but kind of icky to look at if you don't want to empty out the canister after every vacuuming.

Versatility
With the hose attachments and the settings for low- to high-pile carpet, the vacuum has a range of versatility.

No complaints. The vacuum is not terribly heavy, and the canister is easy to remove for cleaning. Occasionally, I do knock over the hose attachment that goes on the side, but that can be removed while you're vacuuming anyway. I wish the power button were designed as a pedal or step-button to be pushed with one's foot rather than a small red button about mid-way up the unit, where you have to stoop to turn the vacuum on and off.

I have only had this vacuum for two months, so I can't comment on its durability. It has held up fine thus far, and I expect to use it for a few more years.

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

Good household vacuum

Comments about Hoover WindTunnel 2 Upright Vacuum UH70801:

We just bought this vacuum a few weeks ago and have been impressed so far. The vacuum has excellent suction, picks up lots of dirt. It is easy to empty the canister and it has a washable filter. Negatives are how heavy it is and the turning radius, and the height adjust is manual, not automatic. Cord length and hose length are pretty standard. It is relatively easy to pull the hose out and use it. It has adjustable height for different surfaces and carpet styles and does well over all the surfaces in our house. Overall it seems like a great vacuum. Time will tell how well it holds up.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy-to-empty canister and washable filter.

Only negative is the weight and manual floor level adjuster that is on the base of the unit. Also has a manual switch to turn it on or off. Some may prefer the foot pedal seen in other vacuum designs.

We have only had it for a few weeks so it's hard to say how durable/reliable it will be.

• Maneuverability: