3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Can't believe it!

I am the former owner / operator of a Dyson Animal.  I thought that there was no better vacuum.  It just didn't last like I thought it should.  So after reading reviews and shopping around I very hesitatingly bought the Hoover Widepath Tempo.

I was so hesitant because of the price.  How could a vacuum that costs under 100.00 be worth anything.  But after reading the reviews, I went ahead and bought it with the assumption that I would be returning it.

Immediately after turning it on I was impressed.The first thing I noticed was the bright light on the front.  The next thing was the ease of movement.  This vacuum picked up so much that my Dyson had just left behind minutes earlier.  Th Hoover Widepath Tempo is great with doghair and decent on hard floors.

My biggest surprise was the suction from the hose.  AMAZING!

The only drawback I would have is the length of the hose.  It is a little hard to reach all of my stairs, but on the plus side the vacuum is light enough to carry easily behind you.

This vacuum is reasonable.

The Hoover Widepath Tempo Vacuum U5140-900 Vacuum has its ups and downs. While I usually trust Hoover with my vacuuming needs, this vacuum did have its down sides. The cord was a little shorter than I would have liked, so I had to unplug and replug it a lot in different outlet's. It's really heavy, but not very hard to push around. I would have liked it to be quite a bit lighter though. The attachment's are a little unnecessarily for me, I have something different that I use for that so I didnt have a reason to use them. The vacuum had its good points too though. It was a little pricey, but I guess all vacuums are. The handle was a little short for my friend who is tall, but he won't be vacuuming my house a lot haha. A lot of vacuums have a horrible smell when you vacuum, but this one did not stink up the house. It also had a great suction, which is the main point for buying a vacuum. I think this is something you must buy to find out if you like yourself.

Decent

from Warren, OH

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

This Hoover Tempo wide path bagged vacuum is an overall decent vacuum to use. We got this as our second vacuum after having a hepa vacuum and thought that it would work out better for us. Though after having this for less than three months the motor on this vacuum went out on us. So we then had to have this repaired and it had to be worked on twice because it was still not working the first time. It has a great feature to pull the vacuum back once your propel it forward but sometimes it does not always work. It does perform well on suctioning when using this, however I have had many maintenance problems with this certain model and would not purchase again in the future. I would say that this vacuum is not very durable and kind of heavy and known to have many problems so I would not reccommend this to anyone looking to purchase a new vacuum cleaner in the future.

Pretty Good Vacuum

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

Pretty good vacuum in the bagged vacuum category.

Maneuverability
Maneuvers quite well, even though it is wide I didn't have any trouble with it.

Ease of Maintenance
My one major issue with this vacuum is that it tends to clog easily in the hose and it isn't very easy to get it unclogged. Ended up damaging the hose trying to get a clog out that was somewhere in the middle and really stuck. No idea why it clogs so easily.

Suction Performance
Suction probably could be better, I suspect this played a factor in the clogging problem with the hose, more suction might prevent things from getting stuck so easily.

Versatility
Pretty versatile, not too heavy.

Design may play a factor in the clogging issue but I can't say for sure.

Seems to be a pretty durable vacuum overall. If I hadn't damaged the hose trying to unclog it it would still be in very good condition. I am not sure if the hose was weak and that's why I damaged it, or if I am just not very good at unclogging hoses.

• Versatility:

Powerful but extreemly noisy.

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

I purchased this machine to replace another brand that had worn out. I liked the price for a highly popular brand name. I find that this vacuum is very powerful and picks up everything in its path easily. I have pet birds and this picks up seeds and feathers almost in one swipe. It is really heavy though and because it is so wide at the bottom, it does not maneuver in tight areas and one needs to use the hose suction a lot. The wideness does work very well to cover areas under tables and cover large floors that you want to cover quickly. One annoyance is the attachments keep falling off because of the design of the wrapped hose that gets in the way. Also, the extension hose really needs to be longer to reach high areas and areas that are over wide furniture. I find that I have to pick up the entire vacuum and place it on something or place it right up against my feet in order to reach where I need to reach. I have only owned this vacuum for less than a year, so can't comment on the durability. The bag is very easy to replace and so far it is easy to maintain.

Fantastic Vacuum for the Price

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

This is one of Hoover's best models in their current line up. Bagged, aggressive, and durable. The hose is a tad cheap, but no other vacuum in the price range can beat it.

Maneuverability
Moves like any other basic upright vacuum. It can also fit under furniture with a high clearance.

Ease of Maintenance
You can tear down the vacuum to access the motor in 10-15 minutes. Belt and bag changes and cheap, easy and fast.

Suction Performance
Superb. Unless you invest in a high-end canister this is one of the best uprights available when it comes to suction.

Versatility
Includes only the most basic of attachments. A longer crevice tool and a turbo brush are always welcome additions, but you can't expect it at this price range.

Hoover has been using this design since 1997; this is the most basic variant. Very few have been able to produce a better design.

Expect the Tempo to last 10 years if you take good care of it. This means changing the bags often and avoiding clogs.

• Versatility:

A good basic vacuum without all the bells and whistles and power

from Boston, MA

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

What you see is what you get in this instance. Need a vacuum for occasional cleaning, or to clean out a few area rugs and occasionally the couch and drapes? This one will do that task handily. But if you want something with a HEPA filter, or the ability to get the finest grains of dust, or lots of pet hair, or clean up hardwood floors, or really soiled carpets, or really thick carpets, this one is not for you. It's a basic vacuum capable of doing basic vacuuming.

The wheels at the bottom make it easy to move around and the swivel clips on the side are great for holding extra lengths of the cord so you don't trip over it. A little pedal off to one side let's you angle the vacuum head so you can clean carpets at a more convenient angle. That's a really nice feature. Between that pedal and the wheels, your back will thank you if you have a good bit of cleaning to do.

But beyond that, fitting the bag inside is a pain - it keeps falling off. Even after you get it fitted, because of the way the connection is shaped, all you are really doing is draping a bag with a hole in it over the mouth of a large cylindrical opening that is shooting out dust. Result? A lot of the dust goes in the bag, but not all does. The rest ends up all along the walls of the bag chamber and the chamber cover. So you will invariably get that all over hands and into your eyes and nose, plus have the task of wiping down the mess inside.

Very nice vacuum

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

I am a very simple woman when it comes to vacuums. I think, the most simple lasted a while and are just as good as the high-tech vacuums. My mom has had this vacuum for a very long time. I would go over her house to help with the spring cleaning, and this vacuum is a life saver. The suction is very powerful and I believe it's easy to push around. It picks up all the dog hair, dirt, and all sorts of allergens she would have harvesting in the carpets.

This also does a very good job in cleaning out the car. You take the long suction handle and plug up the vac with a long extension cord and go crazy. My car is super clean, way better than if I were to spend it professionally.

The only disadvantage is obviously the bags. I think next time, I will purchase the bag less form because it is less the mess and more environment friendly. You would just have to empty out the contents, wash it (if you want) and snap it back on. Bags are such a waste of money and time to put together. Overall, I love this vacuum. It gets the job done and I highly recommend anyone who wants a simple vacuum to buy this brand.

Pretty good vacuum

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

Overall a good buy but there's a few things that could be fixed

Maneuverability
It's not as easy to turn in quickly to the side but its not too heavy it can't be moved easy. The little attachment that comes with can get into tiny places with no problem. I don't recommend this for hard floors cause it didn't do much for me.

Ease of Maintenance
It's easy to store with a big enough storage space and the bags are easily changed.

Suction Performance
I am actually super satisfied with how well it picks up dirt and trash. It leaves the carpet looking brand new and amazing. I do recommended you get all big trash picked up first cause it will suction it up and although I've never had a problem with that at not good for a vacuum.

Versatility
I wouldn't say this vacuum has any special skills besides amazing suction. Other than that nothin else stands out.

There's nothing great about the design and I do wish it was a tad smaller to reach into small spaces.

The bags do have to changed and sometimes often depending on usage but the vacuum itself lasts awhile.

• Versatility:

Difficult to manuever, bag blew out

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

We started out with the Hoover bagged vacuum. For the first six months, this vacuum worked great. We had no issues with the vacuum suctioning, and it was very easy to empty the bag after use. After about six months, we noticed that the vacuum was not picking up everything, specifically on our hardwood and tile floors. We thought at first that the bag was not emptied the time before, so we made sure that we were checking that it was empty before use. It was, so before use we sweep up any major dirt and dust, and then vacuum the little items. This helped, but it was a hassle to have to do this.We went through this routine for a month, and then the vacuum appeared to stop suctioning. We went to check the bag and it just blew up. While we probably could have replaced the bag, we were so frustrated at this point, we went the route of investing in a different vacuum.

Maneuverability
The vacuum was easy to maneuver; it was a little tight to get some corners. However, doing our stairs was fairly effortless.

Works well but..

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

This vacuum works really well but it started making knocking sounds. It gets the job done and picks up dirt fairly easy. I didn't think it would work great because of the low price but it actually functions well. I don't use it as often as I should.

Maneuverability
It performs great and it picks up lots of dirt from the carpet. Easily maneuvers around the house.

Ease of Maintenance
It's really simple to use. It's not hard to find the on/off switch.

Suction Performance
Yes it has a great suction performance. It picks up dirt the first time and cleans the carpet really well.

Pretty, cool design. It fits the brand very well. It's original.

The Hoover tempo wide path bagged vacuum is somewhat durable. The reason I say this is because after a while mine started making a knocking sound. It was like something was stuck inside or it was just failing apart. Although I don't use it as often anymore I would recommend the Hoover tempo wide path vacuum.

This Vacuum By Hoover Will Keep Your Carpets & Floors Clean

from Stockton, CA

Comments about Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum:

Hoover Tempo Widepath Bagged Vacuum U5140900 is a vacuum that is worth trying. This particular vacuum will do a fine job on your carpets and floors. It has a lot of power. It will pick up all sorts of things. It will vacuum up “dust, hair, pet hair and all sorts of particles” your carpets or floors might collect over time. It does a fair job on getting nooks and crannies as well. It has attachments that are good at getting to molding, shelving and lampshades. The attachment tools are stored safely. It is supposed to pick up approximately 99% of the allergen, dust mites, ragweed and common grass pollens. I don’t know if it does all that, but it gets a lot of it. I know that stuff isn’t good for your health. It has a professional filtration system. You can breath easier while you vacuum. It has a cord that is long enough so you can vacuum different rooms without searching for electrical plugs. That can be a hassle! It will do a good job on the stairs too. It has different carpet and floor positions, which you can adjust as needed. The size of this vacuum is medium in my opinion, and it is bulky. It has a cute color and a cool design. This vacuum is a little loud, so if you want a really quiet one, you might not want this one. This vacuum is also easy to clean. I think the price is fair because it does a stand up job. I give it a “7” on a scale of 1-10, and it gets 4 STARS.