4.1

4.1

Pros

Cons

keeps your carpet clean like no other

I live in Arizona and the dirt here is like clay.  I have carpet throughout my house and it's light colored.  My problem is I have a 130 pound rottweiler and whenever we let him out back he rolls in the dirt and comes in the house and leaves so much dirt behind you wouldn't believe!  So I was trying to figure out what to do since having  the carpet cleaners come out to my house all the time was getting to expensive.  So my friend has Hoover steam-vac deluxe 5 brush, she let me borrow it and I just couldn't believe how great it worked.  So I went out and bought my own which I love.  It's quick to get out and use, easy to clean up after your done.  I just take mine out front and hose it off and it's just like new every time I use it.  But the best part is it really does clean the carpet wonderfully.  I would highly recommend it to anyone who may have animals or children and want to keep their carpet clean. It drys vwry quickly too.  A lot quicker than when the carpet cleaners come to your house and I think it does a better job all around.  So hoover steam-vac deluxe 5 brush agitator is the only way to go.  I almost forgot to mention it does a beautiful job on tile floor without scratching it. So you can use it in every room of your house.

Why is "Steam" in the name?

I like this machine. It's easy to use and convenient to have around. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats along with 2 kids. I'ts nice to not have to rent a machine for every little thing. It is truly user friendly, very easy to figure out. The main issue I have is that I thought it would steam, as in "Hoover Steamvac" but there is no heating element and the only heat you have depends on how hot the water is when you add it. With the pets, I was hoping for some small level of disinfectant. I was also hoping to avoid using detergent on our carpets. In fact, I would have returned it if I would have tried it sooner, it kind of sat around for a while waiting for warmer weather. I was expecting to hear the whoosh sound of steam like a clothes iron makes.

All in all, It's okay, just don't expect it to so what the name says. It seems to be made well enough. It gets up the dirt, you can see it in the tank. And, it doesn't leave the carpet soaking wet.

Just one more word of caution, be careful where you leave it if it isn't empty. I still have a stain on some saltillo tile from where it sat between jobs.

from Pittsburgh

About Me Frequent User

Pros

• Easy To Empty
  • Easy to Use
  • Efficient
  • Lightweight
  • Long Power Cord
  • Powerful/Good Suction

Cons

• Carpet
    • Pet Hair

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

This is truly an excellent option for carpet cleaning versus paying to have the service performed. I have 2 dogs and my dining room carpet had some pet stains that I just could not get out. Well, this Hoover SteamVac removed the stains!!!!! As other reviewers said, it doesn't actually steam the carpet, but just be sure to put super hot water in the tank and it works great!! I used Hoover carpet cleaner, the one for pet stains and odors and it was fantastic. Very nice light scent and the carpeting dried quickly (it was a nice 65 degree day so I opened my 1st floor windows.) I cleaned my living and dining room and will do my upstairs hallway and 3 bedrooms next. I would highly recommend this carpet cleaner. Also, when using, it's not too heavy. It is a bit cumbersome to carry up and down stairs.

• Primary use:
    • Personal

Great product!

from Enterprise, AL

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

This item is great for shampooing your carpets. It has a brush underside that really brings the dirt up from the fibers, as you can see when you empty the container. Once you've cleaned your carpet, it sucks all the water out of it and leaves a fresh scent when the carpet is fully dry. It doesn't steam, so get your water as hot as your carpet fibers will stand. I've bought and used Hoover products for years and is very pleased with this Steam cleaner.

Maneuverability
    Very easy to maneuver across the carpet. No hard or heavy pushing required.

Ease of Maintenance
    Kind of hard to remove the carpet fibers from the bottom of the clear cover. Of course, it comes with a slender, flexible tool that you use to help get to the fibers at the top.

Suction Performance
    Great suction performance. Carpet is 98% dry after you've finished shampooing.

Versatility
    This product is very versatile. I've used it to suction water from my bedroom carpet after the drain tube from my heat pump clogged and water leaked under the baseboards. I've also used it on my kitchen tile to suction up water from a broken elbow pipe under the sink.

Dirt be gone.

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

I have four dogs and two children living with my wife and myself. This Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner amazed me with its ability to make my carpets smell fresh and look like new.

Maneuverability
    The Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner is okay going forwards and backwards, but it does not swivel or move side to side very well.

Ease of Maintenance
    All of the parts are easy to take apart and are all easily rinsed in the kitchen sink.

Suction Performance
    My Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner sucks the dirt from deep down in the carpet. Amazed at how well it works.

The Hoover is designed like most carpet shampooers. It has a container for the cleaner and one for the dirty water. A very nice simply designed carpet cleaner.

The Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner is very durable. Many of my friends have borrowed it and use it. It has never broken or let me or them down. I personally think this shampooer is the best.

• Versatility:

Hoover SteamVac Deluxe is a must have!

from Portland, OR

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

This is one of the greatest investments a person can make. Professional steamcleaning can be costly. For anyone with kids or pets this SteamVac will get used more than you would think. Recently, my son was sick and threw up ALL OVER the carpet. It was pretty horrible. After doing some initial cleaning we busted out our Hoover SteamVac and the carpet was like new! We have also used it to clean cat and dog nastiness. It does a good job of removing stains as well as odors. The only drawback is that it takes up a lot of space. Not really ideal if you live in a small place or apartment. It will not take the place of your regular vacuum.

Hoover steam vacuum

from North East, PA

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

We purchased this vacuum a few years ago and we have been very happy with it. After cleaning up a lot of messes when our 2 dogs were puppies, we decided we needed a better cleaning system. We now have two children also and the messes are continuous. This vacuum has been a life saver. I feel so much better knowing that I can pull out my handy vacuum to clean up the mess. The machine is a bit heavy but that should not be a deterrent. It cleans the carpets really well and the attachments are nice for stairs etc.

Worked 2 Times, then Returned

from Gresham, OR

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

The steam cleaner worked great for the first two tries....then on the third attempt to clean, I had no suction to suck up the water.  Ouch!  I was able to exchange the steam cleaner for a new one, but am now wondering how long this one will last.  I'm not sure that I would recommend this to anyone...unless you are up to the constant exchange/repair mode.  Hmmm.....

This product is the worst.

from Muskegon, MI

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

I spent a fortune on this new steam cleaner. It only worked for about a week. Now it leaks everywhere, does not suck up the water, and the soap does not mix properly with the water. What a waste of money.

keeps your carpet clean like no other

from Tempe, AZ

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

Why is "Steam" in the name?

from Oroville, CA

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

Not a bad product but I'm sure there are better.

from Brown City, MI

Comments about Hoover SteamVac Deluxe Carpet Cleaner:

I've owned the Hoover Steam Vac for two years now and I'm happy I bought it, but I did get a good deal on it.  I use it at least once a month.  While there are many things I like about it, there are many things I DON'T like about it.

Pros:

It's so easy to use.  It's very self explanitory, you fill the tank and turn it on.  Because it has a seperate tank for the cleaner and you don't just mix it in with the water it gives you the option to rinse.  I love this feature because I feel like leaving the residue from the cleaner on your carpet makes it dirty faster.  I like that it has a seperate tank for the dirty water as well.  The bladder style cleaners that have one tank for the dirty and clean water tend to not work very well.  Also, I like that it heats the water.  While the water doesn't get really hot it does warm up which I do think makes it clean better.

Cons:

I feel like it should suck up more water.  The carpet is left fairly wet.  When you turn it off, it leaks dirty water every time so you have to make sure you're not on the carpet or you have to clean it again!