3.8
Bagless Upright Vacuums
Hoover
UH70085
Hoover Pet Cyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum,

Summary

The Hoover Pet Cyclonic Bagless Upright Vacuum is equipped with a Complete Pet Hair Cleaning System to lift and remove the most stubborn pet hair. Patented Windtunnel Technology, Dual Stage Cyclonic Technology, and a filter made with HEPA Media all contribute to the excellent cleaning power. One Touch Brushroll Control and an automatic cord rewind make this machine reliable and easy to use.

Hoover Pet Cyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum,

3.8

Pros

Cons

Not worth the price

Comments about Hoover Pet Cyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum,:

I've had this vacuum about two years now and it barely sucks up anything. Nothing happened to it, we didn't break it, it just doesn't have a very forceful sucking action. I put my hand on the end of the wand and barely feel anything. My husband took screws off and looked and nothing is lodged either. Also the rolling brush attachment broke after one use! I wish I had saved my money and looked for another vacuum.

Maneuverability
It's a very heavy clunky vacuum. Hard to maneuver around furniture and carry if you have stairs in your house.

Ease of Maintenance
It is not that easy to dump the canister, it's so thin between the canister holder and filter that stuff gets stuck. I have to maneuver my hands up there to pull the dirt and debri out. I get the dust everywhere, doesn't just fall out when you open the bottom up over a garbage can.

Suction Performance
I have to vacuum over something 3 or 4 times to get it up. I'm not talking about huge items here either, just crumbs from my kids or dust bunnies.

Versatility
The hose stretches pretty far to get stairs and blinds clean without having to move the vacuum around too much.

It's big and the hose on the side sticks out and always gets knocked out when you vacuum too close to furniture.

Has not held up well after only 2 years. Barely sucks anything and attachments are already breaking.

Good mid priced Vacuum cleaner

from East Orange, NJ

Comments about Hoover Pet Cyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum,:

This product works well on all carpet heights. The attachments and the pet hair attachment work well. I love that it cleans up my cat's hair off the carpets so well as they sherds terribly. The unit is reasonably priced and is great for a gift for the holidays or newly weds. Durable and light-weight.

Maneuverability
It maneuvers well for a non-ball vacuum. Lite weight so it isn't hard to push around. Gets under sofa's and tables easily.

Ease of Maintenance
Their isn't much to do but empty the bin or change the belt, both are easy to do.

Suction Performance
Super great on cat hair both on carpets and furniture, but especially carpets. Love that it cleans so well.

It isn't huge and it is light weight so it is easy to move around. Easy accessible attachment and love the pet tool.

I have had mine for over a year and have 2 cats so I am constantly vacuuming and I haven't had any problems with it yet, runs great, no loss of suction. Great unit for the price

• Versatility:

Decent Vacuum, but very cheap plastic

Comments about Hoover Pet Cyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum,:

I am not very impressed with this vacuum mostly because I am seeing Hoover slowly fall in quality with their newer models. Also, this is the only vacuum we have ever had that has repeatedly popped the circuit breaker by itself, when nothing else was running on that circuit and no lights were turned on.

Maneuverability
This is a lightweight upright canister vacuum, so it is easy to use and maneuver around furniture. It is not too heavy to be used on a very large staircase.

Ease of Maintenance
Not as easy as similar models from past years. It was extremely hard to detach the canister from the top to clean the hair catching filter. I actually had to ask someone for help because it was so stiff I was afraid I was going to break it if I forced it any harder. After doing this a whole bunch of times it is only just beginning to loosen up.

Suction Performance
Suction is very good, I've noticed it does a really good job pulling crumbs out of deeper corners and edges and behind furniture.

Versatility
Good for most any carpet, stairs are OK, and you can grab a few crumbs off a hard floor nearby while you're at it.

Design is pretty much the same as a number of other models, but here's one of the areas I see Hoover really losing the quality they used to have. The hose on this vacuum is much shorter than on vacuums from the past few years, and it stretches in a coiling kind of way, so when you pull it away from the vacuum to reach something, the hose is trying to rotate, so your attachment will be crooked and you have to fix it. The hose actually looks like it doesn't fit the vacuum properly because part of it will have to stretch just to clip in and it doesn't look nice.

A number of parts of this vacuum are clearly cheap plastic, cheaper than Hoover used to use. The canister for one feels like it's not going to last long if it's opened frequently to clean all accessible parts. The bumpers are not even bumpers, they are just some cheap plastic strip which will not protect the walls, and I fully expect them to break off if someone should happen to hit something too hard.

Nice basic vacuum

Comments about Hoover Pet Cyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum,:

We bought this vacuum for it's affordable price and because it had good reviews from other owners for use on hardwood floors or carpet. So far, we have not been disappointed. It's not a high end vacuum, but for the average person, this machine really works well.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is easy to move around. It's no Dyson, but its maneuverable enough for my needs. It's not especially heavy and it has a well-placed handle for carrying on stairs.

Ease of Maintenance
The canister is easily removed and dumped into the trash.

Suction Performance
I have had no problems with suction. It picks up more than my old vacuum. I've had very good success with cat hair, in particular

Versatility
This vacuum comes with several attachments for cat hair and small spaces. We purchased this for it's price and for the fact that it had decent reviews for working well on both carpet and hardwood.

It's a somewhat attractive piece of equipment. The purplish color is pleasing to the eye. The on/off switch is well placed.

So far, so good.

• Versatility:

This is a wonderful vacuum!

from Palm Springs, CA

Comments about Hoover Pet Cyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum,:

This vacuum is so quiet. The tools are so handy to clean my carpet and seats in my car. It is so lightweight and easy to clean. Sucks up all the dog hair on the carpet!

Maneuverability
I have arthritis and this vacuum is So light weight you can maneuver it around corners, under tables and chairs. Not at all like my last vacuum that was so heavy it hurt my hands to use it...and my aching back!!

Ease of Maintenance
So very easy to take cylinder off and clean out the filter and inner filter.

Suction Performance
This sucks up so much dog hair...its kind of scary how much dirt and dog hair was in the carpet.

Versatility
Love the tools that come with it. I use the upholstery brush every week to rid the couches and chairs of dog hair.

Very pretty color. Easy to clean. Easy to vacuum even with my arthritis, because so light.

This is such a well made vacuum. I have had it for a few months and love it. You can tell Hoover put a lot of thought into the design of this vacuum

Powerful Suction

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Hoover Pet Cyclonic Upright Bagless Vacuum,:

I bought this Hoover vacuum about six months ago. I really like the bagless feature. This machine doesn't appear to loose suction, even as the canister fills up. It easily comes off to be emptied in the garbage. It is a wonderful tool that I use several times a week.

Ease of Maintenance
It needs very little maintenance, since there are no bags to change. Just empty the canister and replace it.

While we only have had this vacuum for six months, it gets used frequently and is working today the same as it did 6 months ago. I like that you can adjust it for different carpet levels and tiled flooring too. I like the long cord whiuch makes taking this machine up and down the basement stairs easy.