Other Vacuums:

Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum -

Sturdy and Effective!

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum -:

I've had a Eureka stick vacuum for 20 years and used it (almost) daily on my kitchen floors. When it came time to replace it, I naturally chose another Eureka. But it turned out to be a toy--flimsy, plastic, lightweight, and not very powerful at all, so I put it in the Goodwill box and sat down to do a lot of research and read many reviews of stick vacuums before I committed to buying another. If you want a good vacuum for a mid-range price, this is for you!

Maneuverability
It's light enough to maneuver around small spaces, but it feels substantial enough that you don't think you're sweeping up with a toy. I'm really happy with it, it does a great job, and the clear dust-cup lets you see when the cup needs to be emptied.

The Hoover is a good mid-range stick vacuum, it's a little more expensive than some other products out there, but it's not as expensive as others. The reviews were good, though, so I thought I'd give it a try. I was happy with it the minute I got it out of the box. It's sturdy, well-built, and it works hard! It's good for hard floors, but it also has a brush head that you can turn on separately for rugs or (small areas of) carpet.

• Maneuverability:
  • Ease of Maintenance:
  • Suction Performance:
  • Versatility:

Super light and easy to use!

Comments about Hoover Corded Cyclonic Stick Vacuum -:

I have a hectic house with all hard floors (laminate, vinyl and ceramic tile). We have 3 kids, a dog with an amazing talent for shedding and a rabbit that leaves fur balls all over too. I hate sweeping because hair just flies around with the gentle breeze created by sweeping. Plus, who doesn't hate the line of dirt that always fights getting in the dust pan? I would not say this completely replaces sweeping because I do go around about once a week to get behind things where this cannot go. However, I can do this every day or every other day to avoid PILES of hair in every corner.

Maneuverability
It can't turn on a dime but it isn't bad at all.

Ease of Maintenance
The canister is very easy to empty and it has washable filters.

Suction Performance
The suction is very good for the most part. It does lose suction when the canister is full but I don't think this would be a problem for most. I just make sure to empty it a couple of times while I'm working. I use this about every other day and literally throw away 3-4 cups of hair each time. Most people with that kind of animal hair around the house would agree that the prospect of emptying this cup a couple of times is MUCH better than sweeping this all up.

Versatility
I cannot speak to how this would work on carpet because I have really only used it on the bathroom rugs but it did seem to do okay with them. I do use it on my stairs though. It took a little figuring but once you get a method, its no problem.

The only thing I would really change is to give it a bigger canister.

So far, so good. My 5 year old even helps sometimes. I have had lots of bagless vacs and the release button to empty this one seems very strong. I have had other vacs that I worried that the button was going to break because it just didn't feel sturdy. Honestly, for the price, if this lasts me 2 yrs I will be very happy. As long as I can buy another one when the time comes!

• Maneuverability: