Other Vacuums:

Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum

Pros

Cons

• Versatility:

My only complaint is the cord could be longer and it's heavy...

from Clinton Township, MI

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

The attachment brush is awesome... It's only powered by the suction but the suction is so powerful it seems like its really powered when it spins. The self propelled feature takes some getting used to... But once you do it's cake. Unfortunately the self propelled drive makes the vacuum pretty heavy.. But with the self propelled feature its weight is not an issue. The vacuum works great on both bare floors/hardwood and carpet.

The brush dues fully stop or shut off when set to bare floors... And this model also will go totally flat to the floor when you release it a second time... Which is perfect for getting under high beds and tables.

The head is also thin.. So it gets under counter toe kicks and bookcase overhangs. It's maybe a little louder than other vacuums but I really don't care about that... It's an awesome vacuum!!!

Hoover WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum U5491900

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

I bought this on the recommendation of my daughter. I have had problems finding a vacuum that has good suction. This one has plenty of suction. It cleaned my very old carpets and made them almost look new. It picked up everything. No more time on my knees picking up what my vacuum misses. This one does it for me. And it was very reasonably priced.

Maneuverability
This vacuum is very light. It is very easy to carry, it so desired.

Ease of Maintenance
Since I just got mine I cannot personally tell you about the maintenance. My daughter however said that she just found that she needs to change the bags pretty often. But she added that she thinks that is due to the amount of dirt it brings up that other vacuums do not.

Suction Performance
As stated, I and my daughter love it.

Versatility
Great for carpets and whatever you use the many accessories for--me the walls. We get quite a few spiders and it sucks the webs up for me.

Some reviews that I read prior to purchase said it seemed to have a "cheap appearance". Most parts are plastic/rubber. I think it looks fine. I didn't buy it for it's looks.

Only time will tell.

• Versatility:

Great power and good on all surfaces.

from Islip, NY

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

Love this vacuum, it has lots of power and works great on my rugs, wood floor and pergo flooring.

Maneuverability
It is not the lightest vacuum but moves well enough and lays almost completely flat to reach under beds and tables. It also has a variety of attachments that are easy to use.

Ease of Maintenance
Easy to wipe down and the bags last forever and we have a lab that sheds a lot!

Suction Performance
Lots of power.

• Versatility:

Love the self-propelled feature!

from Miamisburg, OH

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

I've owned two. The first lasted me a little over 3 years and I decided to buy another one just like it. I love that it still has bags and filters it's cleaner to manage. The indicator clean or not cleans lights do work. The pickup is really good. And best part of all it's self-propelled which is great if you have knee or back problems is just a relief not to have push and pull so hard to operate. I use it three to four times a week.

Maneuverability
Being self propelled is great and the handle goes all the way down so you can get under things easily. The hose features are convenient and easy to switch back and forth. The cord length is good I can plug it in on the upper or lower level of the house and easily sweep the steps.

Ease of Maintenance
Changing the filter and bags are easy.

I have tried a bag-less unit and it was unpleasant to dump the canister. The dirt and dust flies into the air and having allergies I found it really unpleasant to breath. I couldn't find a way to dump it without the partials going into the air. The bag is easy to switch and no mess.

A Great Vacumn Cleaner!

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

I bought this model of the Hoover Wind Tunnel to replace an earlier model that was several years old. The older model still works, but the self-propelled button had broken, and I missed that feature. This newer version of the Wind Tunnel is even better than the model it replaced. I really like the red light/green light feature that indicates areas that need additional cleaning. The filtration system and the allergen filter bags were another reason I chose this Wind Tunnel, due to health issues in our family. The cleaner's self propelled feature works great and the performance of the vacuum itself is excellent.

Very easy to maneuver!

Works amazingly.

from Burke, VA

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

I bought this as a replacement vaccuum for an expensive other brand. This was very economical which peaked my interest.  After using this vaccuum I was so happy I purchased it.  It is lightweight and pushes very easily.  The cord is long and wraps nicely on the cord real.  The hose is easy to attach the hose pieces too.  There is even this really cool indicator light (red and green) to show how clean the carpet it. It is nice because it shows when you need to go over an area a few times to get the hidden pieces of dirt/dust.  The bags are very easy to change and easy to find in the stores.  A bagged vaccuum is the way to go if you have allergies or lots of pet hairs to pick up. I have had bagless vaccuums before and they were a nightmare to change.  This vaccuum is compact which makes it easy to store in small places.  replacement parts are easy to come by because you can find Hoover products everywhere.

definetly worth the price , good suction power

from Woburn, MA

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

I have been using this for an year, it has good suction power, light weight .The only problem is it cannot vacuum between small gaps .Otherwise a good buy.It has a light attachement  that makes it easy to see what you r vacuming,

The Hoover Windtunnel U5491900 is a very nice vacuum.

from Gastonia, NC

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

This vacuum cleaner is better than any Hoover product I have ever owned.  It was super simple to assemble.  The only problem I had with it:  the belt broke within five minutes of first use.  Figuring this was just a matter of a defective belt, I just went out and bought replacements.  I didn't contact the company for a new one, which I am sure I would have gotten one if I had.  I didn't want to wait; and they are not expensive at all, so I just bought a 2 pack of belts at my local Wal-Mart.

Replacing the belt was easy.  Just remove four screws, take off the bottom plate, lift out the roller, and slip the new belt on.  It does take a little strength to stretch the belt into place; but it is not extrememly hard.  The vacuum has been working flawlessly since I put the belt on.

I like the dirt sensor on this model.  Before, I had no idea if my carpet still had dirt in it after I vacuumed.  With the dirt sensor, all I need to do is watch the green and red lights.  When the green light stays on, the carpet is free of loose dirt particles.

I'm not sure I like the HEPA filters yet.  I have never had to deal witht these before.  I did tend to forget to clean the bottom filter in my old vacuum, which probably caused it to lose suction over the years.  Since I need to wash the HEPA filter every time I change the bag, I will probably wash the bottom filter, also.  Perhaps this will prolong the life of the vacuum.

I really like the full bag indicator on the vacuum.  I have only used the vacuum four or five times since I got it.  The bag is already showing full.  I would have had no idea the bag could have filled up that fast without the indicator.  Of course, with the HEPA bags, there is a tendancy for the pores in the bag to get clogged, so, although it does not feel full when it is checked, it still needs changing to prevent rupture of the bag.

This model has soft rubber wheels to prevent tire marks on your carpet.  Almost leaves your carpet looking as if you never need to vacuum! :)

The push in, pull out hose is much easier to use than the one on my old model.  On my old model, the hose had almost no suction until you bent over and slid the carpet height adjustment all the way to the right.  Then the suction changed from floor to hose.  With the WindTunnel, all you do is take the hose out and put the tools on you want to use.  When you finish, just take the tools off, and put the hose back in.  No bending necessary!

All the tools store on the vacuum cleaner either in the small tool compartment on top of the bag compartment, or on the back of the vacuum where you put the wands.

One word about the bag compartment.  The door is somewhat hard to open.  It says push down and pull open; but I can never get it open this way.  I always have to pull it open from the right top.  Not super difficult; but harder than it should be.

The only things in my opinion that keeps this vacuum from being the perfect vacuum:  The beater bar continues to turn when the vacuum is in the upright position; and it is not designed to use on bare floors.

I did check into a model that you could stop the beater bar on; but it was more expensive and did not have some of the other features I wanted.  This and the problem with the belt are the reasons for the four stars I gave this model.

All in all, the Hoover Windtunnel Bagged Vacuum is a very good machine!

Finally getting the dirt my old vacuum left behind.

from Bettsville, OH

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

**As a vacuum shop owner, I've tried about all the vacuums out there.  I won't sell it if it doesn't work for me.  I have 1 dog and 2 cats so a vacuum must work on pet hair.  I also have a very messy husband so it has to clean up after him.**

**I tried the Hoover Anniversary Windtunnel Bagged vacuum and decided to buy one for myself to replace my 7 year-old Eureka Boss bagless.  Bagless has become a fad as far as I'm concerned.  The dust cups are messy to empty and need emptied with every use.**

**I missed my old bagged Hoover with no fuss, no muss bag changing.  This model has an indicator when the bag needs changed.  I also like the edge cleaning.  I used to have to go around the edges of the carpet with my handvac to clean them.**

**The on-board tools are easy to use and there are a lot of extra tools you can buy to fit this model.  One I made sure to buy was the turbo brush for pet hair.  It works great on stairs and upholstery.**

**This is actually one of the lower priced Hoovers but it beat out some of the more expensive ones because a lot of the differences were cosmetic and not useful.  **

Powerful Suction!

from Fairfax, VA

Comments about Hoover Anniversary WindTunnel Bagged Vacuum:

Honestly, who needs the power assist when the suction is so powerful, it moves the vacuum right along for you!?!  I'm VERY impressed.  I've always owned the Hoover vacuums that Self Propell until now.  Hoover has always been apart of my life and now... I'm gonna quit wasting money on the power assist features when this bugger starts... it's rip roaring ready to go!  Cleans up excellently.  I hadn't vacuumed my home in months due to the previous one breaking down and the economy problems, I kept holding out...  After several roommates moving in and out, I couldn't wait any longer.  I am very impressed with this machines performance.  I definitely would recommend this to anyone!