Other Space Heaters:

Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater

Pros

Cons

• Safety:

Affordable and economical small heater

I chose this heater because it was advertised as energy-efficient, and my other space heater is very expensive to operate. I live in an old house with poor insulation, so I use space heaters in the rooms I use most instead of running the furnace at a higher temperate to heat the whole house.

The Honeywell energy efficient heater is great for small to medium sized rooms; it heats up the room pretty quickly and the fan pushes the air enough that it spreads throughout the entire room evenly instead of just going straight up. There is also an oscillation setting to help spread the heat around.

It does a good job of keeping the temperature consistent, so it turns on and off frequently to keep the room at the selected temperature. That is great for me during the day, but that is also why I can't have this heater in my bedroom while I'm trying to sleep: it clicks on and off so frequently that it wakes me up (I'm a light sleeper). That is my only complaint though; I love this heater for other rooms during the day and recommend it for its price and cost to operate.

I like the auto-shut off feature if it gets tipped over; it will also shut off if you pick it up to move it while the fan is running, so it's a safe machine. It also has a "frost watch" setting that is great for when I'm not home and don't want to heat the room, but it will kick in regularly to keep pipes from freezing, etc.

if you live in a cold place...

I don't even know why I got this heater, down here in KY it doesn't even get that cold. But this year we have some weird weathers so I decided to get a compact heater. This is a bit expensive, I wish I had gotten a cheaper one and still be satisfied. One upside about Honeywell HZ-7200 is the look, it's pretty futuristic looking. It has one knob on the top to change the temperature. It also has a small LCD screen that indicate the room temperature, nothing else. With safety features, it will automatically turned off if it's tipped over, and if the temperature go over certain degree. This Honeywell heater is very well built, given the price I don't expect anything less. It's also able to heat up the room pretty quick, though still limited to couple feet to the heater. I guess I would like this heater more if I can use it all the time, but here not so much. So make sure you know you will use it, or else spend your money elsewhere.

Very Nice Portable Space Heater!

from Ohio

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

This little bugger works like one of the big boy heaters! I've owned many space heaters in my lifetime and this is definitely a very nice one. It is pretty lightweight and easy to carry around with you. My house is always freezing so it's easy for me to move it from room to room all over the house. I have a full size space heater that can handle my kitchen and this Honeywell works equally just as well. The oscillating feature is a must have addition on the Honeywell and does a fantastic job circulating the heat out 360 degrees instead of just blowing all of the heat out in one direction and leaving cold spots. It does a great job, heats right up and keeps us all nice and warm on those extra cold nights!

So many heaters all seem to break after just a year or two of use but my Honeywell appears to be holding up great. So far, so good!

It has a really cool oscillating design, a huge part of the reason I made the purchase.

Safety
The unit itself does not get dangerously hot to the touch - Although, the Honeywell's cord does tend to get a little hot after it's been running for an extended period of time.

• Safety:

Fantastic deal for the price and quality of product

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

Out of personal experience with this space heater and being in really cold situations, I would recommend this heater over almost every other one. It's safety and energy saving features are great. Also it is a very durable machine( I've dropped mine down a flight of stairs and it works exactly the same).

Incredible performance can heat up a good size master bedroom from 40 degrees to 80 in the matter of 10 minutes

Very easy to use, all the work that is need is set it to what ever temperature you would like and forget about it

Very durable machine I have dropped mine more times than I can count and it has also been rained on and it still works like it's brand new

Short and fat but has a good oscilating mechanism inside almost has a complete 180 degree rotation

Safety
It doesn't ever get scorching hot and if it gets bumped or tipped at all it automatically shuts it self off

Tiny but powerful!

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

I am extremely happy we decided to purchase this tiny little heater. It was orginally for a small area, but can actually do much more than that. As basements tend to be colder than the upstairs of a house, we purchased this for the bedrooms downstairs; however, for as small as it is it can basically heat the entire downstairs of the house. You don't have to have it full blast and you are warmed up within seconds of turning it on. I'm actually very impressed with such a small unit how much it can actually do as far as heating up space. It would be perfect to take camping and heat a cabin, or even if you have a mobile home you're able to take this with you and this little unit would be all you'd need. It's also energy star (bonus points)!

It's been accidently dropped a few times and still continues to work perfectly fine!

Safety
I have tripped over it before and it has auto shut off that kicked in.

Best one yet

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

I bought the honeywell heater because the central unit in my house quit working. I absolutely love it. I have children and pets. It has a safety feature so that if it gets knocked over, it will beep and shut itself off, that eases my mind alot. It is light weight and easy to move from room to room. It heats up quickly and keeps a large room warm. The oscillating feature helps heat the room evenly. I've tried the oil heaters and had major problems, but I've had none with this one. It is energy efficient, and the price was very reasonable. I don't have to worry about leaving it on over night. The surface doesn't get hot so no worries about burns. I have had this heater for three years now and it will be my first choice when I get ready for another. I also take it to work with me in the winter and can barely hear it running. Great buy for just about eveyone. Especially with small children and pets.

Good for small spaces

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

I have this space heater at work. It is very good for small spaces such as by my desk. Does a good job of keeping my small space warm. It is not noisey and it doesn't have that "hot" smell that some space heaters have. I run the heater for several hours at a time without problem.

Keeps me warm at work.

Plug it in and turn it on. Couldn't be easier.

Sturdy.

Modern design is not clunky or unattractive.

Safety
Passed inspection at work! Sturdy base.

• Safety:

Honeywell Portable Electric Heater one of the best!!!

from Brazoria, TX

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

I was looking for a small heater for my bathroom.It really works great for a small area.It does have a thermostat at the top.So it does keep the room heated nicely.I have had this heater for awhile now.It does have an automatic shutoff ,so if for any reason it is knocked over it will shut off.

It works great.It keeps the room nice and warm.

It is very easy to use.

It is made of a very strong plastic type material .It seems to be sturdy.

I really do love the design. It is small and very efficient.

Safety
It has the automatic shut off so that is a plus for any small appliance product. The plastic type of material it is made of seems to be very sturdy.

Great for small spaces

from Folsom, CA

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

I just got this little Honeywell heater to take to work and stick under my desk. Ah, what a relief to be warm and toasty at work vs. bundling up the heaviest sweaters and blankets on my lap. The room I work in is probably 20x10 ft big and it does get all warmed up too after a while, though my main concern was just my own frigid body. I love that it will adjust itself based on the temperature I set it at so I can just turn it on and forget about it until I leave for the day.

Safety
I don't know that I would trust this with little children or leave it unattended for a prolonged period of time, ya know the common sense stuff.

Good Buy!

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

This portable guy can really heat up a room quickly, it can raise the temperature in room by at least 10 degrees without ever having to heat up the rest of the house. Its a great space heater for a small closed space. It has nice safety features such as automatic turn off, when the room hits the desired temperature. It has one knob on the top to change the temperature, so its very easy to use. It also has a small LCD screen that indicates the room temperature. I am very much impressed for the price. The heater also feels sturdy and well made. The cool to touch portable light weight heater also rotates on its own to circulate the air in a small room. Its safe to used around children as well.

• Safety:

This electric heater will keep your toes toasty warm!

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

My master bedroom sits over our garage, so sometimes in the winter it can get very chilly in there. This space heater is just enough warmth to keep the cold out of the bedroom and the floors in the bathoom warm when you get up out of bed!

Temperature control is good, and you're able to adjust it to suit your needs, no matter where you need to use it.

The instruction manual was included but not completely necessary, as this unit is pretty self explanitory. Not difficult to set up at all, and the heat produced is just what we needed!

We have gone through two winters now with this space heater and I don't want to go through another one without it! Every time we turn it on, there is no problem.

Sleek and stylish, this space heater looks good even when you aren't using it. I don't mind it sitting in the bedroom at all.

Safety
I was worried about safety with a space heater, but this design doesn't lend itself to be tipped over. I have always worried about space heaters starting fires, but this is NOT a worry with this machine. I would recommend it whole heartedly.

Heats a room very well.

from Birmingham, AL

Comments about Honeywell Portable Oscillating Electric Heater:

This little heater will heat a room very well. I like the temperature control, that way it does not get to hot in the room. It is good for people with pets and children cause it is not hot to the touch. Also it shuts off when tipped over. If you want a heater that you can stand next to and warm your body, this one is not it because it stays cool. But it will heat the room temperature.