Other Humidifiers:

Pros

Cons

Great for large spaces

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

I love this Honeywell 4 gallon humidifier because of the super water tank capacity. This humidifier helps to keep the large living room humid and you do not have to change the water multiple times per day. This is the best part. It works just as well as having multiple small tank humidifiers all over the room. Its output is strong enough to be able to leave it on the floor and still have the humid effect up high in the air close to the ceiling. It works well and is quiet enough to keep on all night and it does not disturb your sleep. It is also quiet enough to be able to still enjoy movies and television without having to turn the volume up to an unnecessary high volume setting. It is also very easy to fill up, but I would suggest bringing the water to the machine rather than carrying it when it is completely full because it can be heavy with four gallons of water inside.

Great humidifier

from Spring, TX

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

I was really quite pleased with this humidifier. It puts out a lot of air and moisture and have helped my kids through many a cold and winter season.

There are a few things I didn't like, one the way you have to clean it. The tank isn't very accessible when you go to clean it since the opening is quite narrow. It makes it hard to reach all of the corners and drying time takes longer to make sure the water has evaporated out of every nook and cranny. I also don't like that there is a thick filter that is very hard to dry and is prone to collecting mold. We're allergic to mold and so this doesn't really help me out. I usually end up buying a new filter each season just to be safe from the mold. So cleaning it out at the end of it's use to store it again can be cumbersome and I always worry that I haven't cleaned it enough and mold will grow.

It's pretty quiet though so that is nice. And it's durable. It's not too bulky like some models. It also holds enough water that you don't have to refill it every night.

Output Volume
Good air/moisture output

• Output Volume:

Keeps skin from getting flaky and my hubby's nose from bleeding

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

I have very, very dry skin. All my face-wash products are for dry skin, I only use the best of lotions and in the wintertime, my skin gets flaky and super dry. Using this humidifier at night helps my skin to return to it's "normal" level of dryness. I like that this humidifier has a setting for amount of moisture in the air, so that if my skin is doing ok, I can lower the amount. Or if it is particularly humid (at it is bound to be in Illinois summers), I can turn the moisture level down. My husband also gets really bad bloody noses. It happens most frequently in the wintertime, but is much more infrequent when we are using this humidifier. We only get one body, it is worth caring for and preserving it however possible. This humidifier does the job for both my husband and I!

Doesn't get too dirty, I think I clean it about once a year.

Have had 2.5 years.

This Honeywell Humidifier is Affordable and Dependable

from Louisville, KY

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

My husband and I purchased this humidifier almost four years ago because we needed one to keep his guitars from drying out in the winter. It was very affordable and I'm still very pleased with our purchase. The water tank is pretty big, so I usually don't have to refill it more than every few days. During very dry periods, however, I sometimes have to refill it every day. I like the multiple settings and the auto shut-off, which are both very handy. It's also very quiet and unobtrusive. It's not bothersome if we're trying to watch TV or talk in the same room with it, and as long as you don't put it in plain sight, its appearance is totally acceptable. But most of all, I love how effective this is at its job: putting moisture into the air. Sometimes I'll forget to refill it, and I notice a HUGE difference in the health of my skin and the dryness of my nose when we aren't using this regularly. I would definitely buy it again, but it looks like I won't need to for a good while, as ours is still goign strong.

The Honeywell Humidifier is great in the winter!

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

We have used our honeywell humidifier for 3 winters now. This is a warm-mist humidifier that we used at first to bring up the humidity in our 1000 sq-foot home in the wintertime and the humidifier did an adequate job for this. We refilled the tank about every 1-1 1/2 days. After the first winter, our furnace went out and we replaced it with a humdifier attached to the furnace. Even so, when we have colds, we use this humidifier, still. It works very well in a single room, especially to aid with breathing. Our humidifier also has a medicine cup to hold vaporizing medicine which helps significantly with breathing and sleeping at nite when you have a cold.

Overall, this works well. The only downside is the small filters and how they work. Even if placed correctly, they seem to move and fold up. Once this happens, the humidifier will let out a loud "pop" at random times when it is operating. Maybe ours is the only one to do this. It is really the main negative to this humidifier. Otherwise, it is highly recommended.

Honeywell Humidifier Helps Me Sleep at Night

from Spirit Lake, IA

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

I have used this humidifier for the last three winters.  I run this in my bedroom at night to add some moisture into the air and make sleeping more bearable.

The large tank holds enough water so that it doesn't run out in the middle of the night.  This will shut down when it runs out of water, which is a great feature.

I don't spend extra money on distilled water so I constantly struggle with mineral build-up.  When it gets really bad I pour a few cups of vinegar onto the heating element for a few hours.  This has always removed the build-up and made it almost good as new.

Since the tank is large and unwieldy it can be a bit of a challenge filling it in the tub.

Unfortunately, Wal-Mart changes the brands of humidifers it carries nearly every year.  They no longer carry the filter for this.  I live in a rural area where Wal-Mart is my only shopping option. I recently order a box of 12 filters online.  Because of this, I will probably search for a new humidifier later this year.

dont have to refill often!

from Hebron, MD

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

We love this humidifier.  We have a very large living area and thought we were going to have to purchase a couple humidifiers,  We purchased this one first, and it has done the job on it's own!  It is sleek and not too bulky.  It holds a lot of water and is super easy to fill.  It doesn't leak at all.  We have found that if we put filtered water in it, the filters will last longer.  The cleaner the filter the better it works.

Ours never made noise like some reviews said.  But when I changed the filter, it worked a lot faster.  It has a digital read out and tells you the humidity in the room.  It has 3 settings, you can put it on low,med, or high, it makes a loud white noise, but I enjoy it.  It also has a setting where you tell it to make the room say 50 percent humid, and it will run until it gets to that point.

You can also set it on the timer, and tell it to run for 8 hours, and then it shuts off by itself.  For the price, I feel like we got an awesome deal, it does so much and works so well!

The Honeywell 4 gallon Humidifier makes winter more comfortable!

from Noble, IL

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

The Honeywell 4 gallon Humidifier is highly reliable, and gives needed moisture to rooms. It is very quiet, and requires only low routine maintenance. I have used other brands, and they have broken down in one way or another after using for awhile, but the Honeywell Humidifier is here for the duration. you don't have to worry about it malfunctioning, it runs like a well oiled clock. It's 4 gallon capacity effectively moisturizes a room and you don't have to refill it all the time. I use one in every room in my house, excluding the bathrooms. I have a lotm of allergies and sinus problems in the winter, and dry heat in the winter from the furnace, always used to make them even worse, but with Honeywell Humidifier, I have been able to breathe better in the winter months, and not have to worry about sinus infections from dry furnace heat, or a dry throat and eyes from the furnace heat. The 4 gallon tank keeps every room moist and alleveates dry, uncomfortable to breathe air. I gave this the top star rating because it has EARNED it!!!  I would recommend this to anyone who wants a reliable, practical, and affordable humidifier. It is money well spent.

Best operating, reliable and easy to maintain

from Milwaukee, WI

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

We have tried numerous brands of humidifiers throughout our 30 yrs of home ownership and this Honeywell model is by far the absolute best we've owned. We have one for the first floor and one for the second floor and they have been operating nicely for years. We cannot say enough about the satisfaction this product has brought us.

Honneywell humidifers are wonderfull!

from Tooele, UT

Comments about Honeywell HWM-50 4 Gallon Humidifier:

Living in utah, a high desert climate there is no humidity at all unless it is raining and my honnyewell humidifyer is a wonderfull thing to have.  It makees my home more enjoyable all year long. Warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer. LOVE IT!!!!!