Other Snowblowers:

Cons

I would have kept this model instead of buying the HSS928ACT

from Newfoundland , Canada

About Me Do-It-Yourself

Pros

• Maneuverable

Cons

• Do not blow as good as previous model.

• Driveway

Comments about Honda 28" Snow Blower:

I previously own a Honda HS928 and decided this year to go with the new redesigned Honda HSS828ACT. The HS928 was a great snowblower and was very pleased with it. It gave me no trouble. Decided to go with the new model that Honda put out this year with the remote chute and steering option feeling it would be easier to operate. Well it is easier to operate but when it comes to performance, the new model do not blow snow anything like the older model. Returned it twice to the dealer and they could find nothing wrong with it. If I had my time back I would have kept the old one. Very disappointed given the money you pay for these.

This really blows that snow away!

Comments about Honda 28" Snow Blower:

I honestly do not know how I ever made it through an entire winter without this machine. It is so lightweight and easy for me to push around, and it gets rid of that snow like it is nobody's business! I have never had a snow blower with such wide range as this one has, I absolutely love it.

• Engine Power:

Gets the job done and then some!

Comments about Honda 28" Snow Blower:

A very durable and very reliable snow blower that works great even when pushed to it's limits (which is hard to do). A very powerful machine and I would very much recommend this blower to anyone in need of a heavy duty blower. The price is well worth it!

Honda is Built To Last

from Lake Villa, IL

Comments about Honda 28" Snow Blower:

While Honda snow blowers are more expensive, they are definitely worth it. This one powers through snow and seems to last great from year to year. It seems extremely well built and it always starts right up.

Powers through whatever mess is outside and keeps running day after day and week after week.

Handling
It is pretty easy to manuever for a snow blower.

Honda's seem to be built to last. Seems super durable and like it will last a really long time.

It is a little technical to get started, but once you are used to it, it works great.

Engine Power
This one has a great engine. I've never had a problme powering through snow and the engine seems to have more than enough stamina to get through whatever area you have to plow through.

Honda 928 TAS vs Ariens Pro Series

from West Roxbury, MA

Comments about Honda 28" Snow Blower:

I purchased the Honda 928 TAS last year for a vacation house in New Hampshire after doing some research online and talking with people who owned a Honda. I wanted another reliable machine that would last about 20 years and could take the punishment of New England winters. Money was not a limiting factor since time has shown me that when looking at snowblowers you really get what you pay for in performance and reliability. I've learned that the less expense machines are less expensive for a reason, they break or wear out, sooner than later. The low end of the snowblower hierarchy always break in the middle of a storm, when you most need them. It's always some cheaply made part the fails, some lower grade nut brakes off, a thin metal part couldn't take the pressure and bent or some plastic part cracked or broke off. The upper end doesn't break down with the same frequency and with proper maintenance, will likely never fail. I went with the Honda only because I heard the hydrostatic drive made the job easier.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to use the Honda until this winter. I say unfortunatley because it almost makes snowblowing fun. For some 15 years I owned a snow plowing business and have owned and used almost every snowblower out there. I've owned or used larger two stage snowblowers constructed for Craftsman, Toro, Noma, Gravely, John Deere, Ariens, Troybilt and others. I've gotten rid of the business but currently own both an Ariens 1124 Pro wheeled and the aforementioned Honda which is tracked. As anyone who has used a full sized snowblower knows, operating a blower in heavy 12+ inches of snow is physical work. You don't just walk behind a snowblower like you would with a lawnmower cutting the lawn. You constantly nudge a snowblower to the left and right to ajdust for the path, varying snow conditions and snow density. No machine is effortless when making a 180 degree turn. My Ariens Pro is a wonderful machine and I love it. It performs well and burns through snow. Nothing really stops it and it's only limited by how much snow I can stuff in the auger. It only stops when it's in a gear too high for the volume and density of snow it's going through. At that point the wheels start to spin and the machine starts to plow the snow to it's sides. Then it's not effecient. My Ariens Pro is bulletproof. I find the Ariens superior to all other machines I've owned or used before I purchased it. When comparing the new Honda to the Ariens I find the Honda is marginally superior and a little more entertaining.

Likewise, the Honda is unstoppable and burns through snow. The Honda is superior due to it's track and hydrostatic drive. The Honda's infinately adjustable drive system is simply better since you don't have to stop and change gears, you just push the drive lever back and forth. The only need to let go of the engagement levers are to adjust auger height with the foot control or to stop. The track hooks up better thus reducing the need for some of the nudging thus making the job easier. The Ariens track system may also have this traction advantage but I haven't tried it yet.

Honda uses a narrower/smaller size discharge chute than any I've seen. This seems to concentrate or limit the snow when thowing it out. This is the entertaining part. It appears that by concentrating or reducing the discharge size, the Honda can throw heavy snow more than 40 + feet. It is simpy amazing to watch and put a big smile on my face when I first used it. Onlookers came over to see what kind of blower it was since they had never seen anything throw snow that far. It literally throws snow across the street onto the neighbors sidewalk. The Ariens also throws heavy snow effortlessly and for a good distance, but just not as far and therefore it's not as entertaining. Both machines throw mountains of snow and with proper maintenance are built to last, which is why I bought them.

The Honda does require just a little more effort when turning around but it really is no big deal. I'm sure any track machine requires a little more turning effort than a wheeled drive because there's more ground surface contact to overcome, but that's expected and worth it. If you can't turn a snowblower around, you probably shouldn't be out there in the first place.

The only drawback with the Honda would be for someone taller than about 6'1". The Honda bars and controls are lower to the ground than any machine I have ever used. Ergonomically, the machine would require bending for someone taller than about 6'1". I'm 5'10" and it's just about right for me.

The Honda 928TAS is the best machine I've owned or used. It's solid, built to last and fun to use.

This snowblower is fantastic

from Easton, PA

Comments about Honda 28" Snow Blower:

I purchased a Honda 928TAS about 3 weeks ago, trading in a Troybilt 30" 10.5hp.  The Honda blows the Troyibilt away.  Yesterday we had a 14" heavy wet snowfall. It went through it like a hot knife through butter.  It also cut through the huge pile of packed snow the plow left at the end of the driveway.  The Honda does not bog or clog like the Troybilt would.  It is not inexpensive, but the hydrostatic drive is amazing.  Worth every pennhy

Will get you through tough snow

from East Lansing, MI

Comments about Honda 28" Snow Blower:

This snowblower will do well for those who rather not shovel those thick snow pile ups. I'm brand oriented and Honda was defintely know asoneof those machines that can last a long time .I had another Honda and just wanted to upgrade because I had some extra cash laying around.  Living in Michigan, I found that this was defintely worth the investment.  This snowblowerwill plow through the snow like no-other. The speedsof this thing isalso adjustable when you want to get that low lyins snow as well.  Ice, however, is never really a snowblower's friend.  Getting up early is the only way toget it because once it turns into ice-snow, this machine then has some issues.  Therefore, getting it up to at an early pointis best toget this machine at optimal performance.  The fuel will last you for awhile as well.  I really never had to refill the gas on my property.  Sometimes, I could even go two sessions on one tank

alot for your money!

from Croswell, MI

Comments about Honda 28" Snow Blower:

I really adore this  because I live in Michigan and when it snows it snows. I use to spend hours shoveling the walkway for the mail and to take out garbage and it was super irriating. I would come in freezing but ever since U got the things done as quickly as ever. This plows my sidewalk even more so then the last one that only did a narrow margin. It makes it so that its more on the sides in a pile then just kind of jumbled in the middle of the walk way.  The last one I had was a yamaha and this one seems to be more trustworthy and protects from hurting ones self which happens sometimes when someone is not paying attention. The other thing about this is it's enviornmentally safe because it doesnt use fumes so much as say something that you have to run alot of power in order to run the machine. So this machine is well worth the price because you're getting a fuel effienct, machine.

This track snowmobile gobbles snow up to 12" at a pass!

from Breckenridge, CO

Comments about Honda 28" Snow Blower:

I have had this Honda snowblower for eight seasons in Breckenridge, Colorado where we get about three hundred inches of snow per season at our house.  With a one hundred foot by fourteen foot driveway (paved) at a pitch of about five percent, the track system stays on path and has the power to collect twelve inches of snow and throw it thirty feet.  Other than the maintenance that is recommended every five years to be performed by an authorized Honda repair facility, I do all the other maintenance myself (oil change, drain and fill gasoline, spark plug, etc).  The initial investment is higher than other machines (Toro, Ariens), but it has paid off year after year in reliable performance and low maintenance costs.  At the altitude we live at (ten thousand, five hundred feet), I recommend the high altitude carbuerator kit for better engine performance.  Also, Honda has come out with side alignment feet that allows better tracking; so get those installed as well.  Happy snowthrowing!!