3.5

Pros

Cons

Smart Purchase

Comments about Holmes Ultrasonic 24 Hour with Auto Shut-Off Humidifier:

I had a Vicks humidifier before this one and, not only was it expensive, but it was a huge pain to clean and I couldn't find a place to put it because it was so big. This one is not only affordable but it's easier to clean, simpler to use, and is narrow enough to fit on most surfaces. I think it's the perfect choice if you have a smaller place. I haven't had any problems with it at all - no excessive moisture, no spills, no falling over. It's well worth the price and I'm very happy with my purchase. I noticed a big improvement in my breathing after using this product for a few days. I have recurring sinus problems so when my congestion returns, I switch on my humidifier over night and my sinuses clear up by the morning. It also helped my daughter get rid of a nasty cough.

It works great, no problems so far, and it's very quiet too.

The slim design makes it easy to place pretty much anywhere versus the bulkier humidifiers out there. I think it's size makes it a good choice for smaller rooms so I wouldn't expect it to work well in large spaces.

Good for small spaces

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Holmes Ultrasonic 24 Hour with Auto Shut-Off Humidifier:

I bought the Holmes Ultrasonic 24 Hour with Auto Shut-Off Humidifier because I saw it on sale when I was shopping and we had been talking about getting a humidifier, so I bought it. I think its an ok humidifier. It does its job, which is always a good thing, but I think its only an ok product. I wouldnt recommend it for big spaces. I bought it to use in our master bedroom, which I dont think is the best place for such a small humidifier. I think it would be much better in a smaller space. I also think the design could be a bit better. Since the base is pretty narrow, the humidifier falls over easily, making a big mess. For the low price, it was worth it, but I do think there are better humidifiers out there.

• Output Volume:

Brand new and just stopped working

Comments about Holmes Ultrasonic 24 Hour with Auto Shut-Off Humidifier:

I bought this humidifier for my baby but I only had it turned on one day in which it seemed to work fine. However, the next day it just stopped working. I would plug it in and the light would come on and nothing would happen. The directions do say not to move the humidifier when it is full of water and I did move it (very carefully) from a table to the floor and I guess that was enough to break it. I don't want something that is so cheap and fragile that it would break after something that simple. Also, the water reservoir is so small that it is pretty impractical anyway.

Broke after one use, couldn't be moved when full of water.

Water reservoir too small to last all night.

Best I've owned

from Shelton, CT

Comments about Holmes Ultrasonic 24 Hour with Auto Shut-Off Humidifier:

I love this little humidifier. It creates the right amount of humidity in my bedroom and is fairly simple to operate and clean. The only issue I have with it is the moisture under the unit. I've put a small towel underneath and that seems to have resolved the problem.