Other Air Purifiers:

Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier

Pros

Cons

• Filter Availability:

I'm very happy with this air purifier.

****I was in need of a new air purifier for my medium sized bedroom, since my old Holmes air cleaner (which I had for about 8 years) died. After researching many, I found this Holmes hepa allergen air purifier for a decent price, compared to many other models. It also had a lot of good and positive reviews about it. So I purchased it at walmart and have been totally happy with it. It stands by itself on my floor (and can stand two different ways), has 4 settings, and is not too noisy at all on the lowest setting. I keep it on level 1 while I am sleeping, and keep it on 1 or 2 while my cat is in the room also. The higher settings are a little too noisy for me to tolerate, so I would use them only if I wasn't in the room. So far though, level one and two are doing a great job, so I don't see the need to use level 3 or 4. I would recommend this holmes heppa allergen air purifier, if you are in the market for an affordable model with a hepa filter, that works great! You can also find a Holmes air purifier without a hepa filter, for less money. But since the hepa filter is the best, I think it's worth paying a little more for!****

Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover is good!

I bought the Holmes True Hepa Allergen Remover about a year ago and it had done a decent job in removing smells and allergens in the air. I live in an apartment close to the Lincoln Tunnel and the air quality isn't so good in that area because of the car exhaust so I thought of getting this air purifier. It turns out to be very good! I turn it on every night while I sleep, though I have to say that it is a little loud, even on the lowest setting. It is also quite big (bigger than a CPU from a desktop computer), but it does look pretty nice. Whenever my roommate cooks, the smells spreads throughout our apartment, but the smell in my room goes away once I turn the Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover on. When I first received it, I saw 4 gray filters in the box. I thought they were extra replacements. After a year, I opened the air purifier cover and noticed they were only the HEPA filters but the regular filters were not there. I suppose the 4 gray filters in the box should've been put in. It's just odd that they would put the HEPA filters in there but not the gray regular filters. So just FYI: you need to put in the gray filters yourself.

This is nice air purifier

from Libya

About Me Quality Oriented

Pros

• Affordable
  • Attractive Design
  • Quiet
  • User friendly

Cons

• Short life

• Bedroom
  • Living Room

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

I feel like I'm breathing in hawaii all the time, and I live in CLEVELAND! CLEVELAND! Do you know how bad the air is in CLEVELAND? It's like breathing bad air!

• Primary use:
  • Personal

This is a great product that's easy to use.

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

This is a great addition in the bedroom for keeping allergens under control at night.

Ease of Maintenance
The filters are easy enough to snap into place. There is even a place on them to write down the date the filter was put into place to make it easier to keep track of. The hard. plastic shell can be wiped down very simply with a wet cloth.

Dust/Allergen Removal
Placed on the nightstand next to the bed, my Holmes air purifier does a great job of keeping the dust and other airborne allergens under control. Snoring at night, sneezing and bad sinuses in the morning are no more!

Filter Availability
The only complaint I might have is when it comes to finding filter replacements. There are few stores in my region that carry them, and often the ones that do are out of them. (Stocking up when they are available has thwarted any potential problems in our household.)

The hard outer shell creates for great durability of this product. The power cord is nice and thick, as well.

This air purifier is highly effective at doing the job I purchased it for. I'm very pleased with it.

Its design is sturdy and simple, allowing for easy cleaning. It is a non-imposing presence in the room.

An allergy saver!

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

I recently bought the Holmes Allergen Remover Air Purifier because i moved into a new apartment where the previous tenants smoked inside and it had left a stale smell. After using the purifier for a few hours I could tell a difference in the air quality and see the allergens that the filters had already caught in my air. It has been over a month now since purchasing this product and my apartment hardly ever smells of smoke anymore thanks to this purifier.

Ease of Maintenance
I dont have to do a thing. It lets me know when the filters need to be changed and I love how the door just opens and you can change the filters easily.

Dust/Allergen Removal
My air quality has improved 100% since using this product.

Filter Availability
Its a little harder to find the filters but they sell them online.

So far no problems.

Works great. I would love to buy another one.

Decent design that does not distract from my homes design pattern and easy to move. Fits in most spaces easily.

• Filter Availability:

I used to have really bad allergies...

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

I inherited this powerful air purifier from my mother for free, so I don't have much negative things to say. After removing all carpeting from the house and running this machine through the seasonal months, my allergies are virtually gone. The air feels so much fresher (but maybe that is just psychological). I even like falling asleep to the sound of it - almost like a white noise but better. Great device, easy to clean.

Third one is a charm!!

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

This was our third attempt at an Allergen Remover Air Purifier. I was diagnosed with adult onset asthma last year and it is mostly allergy induced. We had tried two other sub-par units and nothing was helping. My father bought this one for me to try and it sits right by my bed and I can rest easier at night with less waking up coughing. I am so glad my father found this.

• Filter Availability:

Good air purifier,filters are expensive.

from Wheeler, WI

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

works good for air cleaning

Ease of Maintenance
but the filters are expensive.

Dust/Allergen Removal
does a good job of cleaning air

Filter Availability
Holmes sent me a folder with all the different filters and they do have sales and specials.

it is good for duraility and will last a long time,I'm pretty sure.

cleans air well,I smoke and it elimanates smoke.

i thought it was good.

• Filter Availability:

Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover is good!

from New York, NY

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

Can't live without it.. seriously

from Richland, MO

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

Wow, this thing is a life saver!! Thank you Holmes for a GREAT product! Well, here's the scoop, I never had allergies before until just last summer and wow, did it ever hit me hard.. I got severe rashes on my arms and legs, but not only that, also my throat became so itchy and cough drops would not even start to help. Well I went to the ear, nose and throat doctor.. spent a whole bunch of money on allergy tests, which they spent about an hour injecting me with all sorts of unhealthy allergens in my arms. None the less, I could think of a million things I'd rather spent that hour of my life doing.. but I did find out I'm severely allergic to dust mites and also allergic to molds.. well I took the necessary actions at my house and that is when I purchased this machine, I just can't say enough how much healthier I feel with this fan running. It really works amazing. I sleep with it every night now.

Everyone breathes a little easier with Holmes...

from Northport, AL

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

My husband and I bought an allergen remover back in the Spring last year when our oldest son tested severely allergice to dust and all types of grasses. Now I know what you are thinking, HOW on EARTH does a Mother keep a kid from dust let alone, GRASS, and ALL TYPES of grasses at that? Well, I still don't know, lol, but if you do, please enlighten me!  What we do know however, or have discovered is that this True Hepa allergen filter remover has done great wonders for our son who suffers from allergies, really year round. It is by Holmes and we purchased it at Wal-mart.  We noticed immediately that it took the smell out of the room and made everything just really refreshed.  This specific one is for a small room, but they have different sizes for different rooms.  Also, is has three speeds and you can set it on whichever one you feel is needed.  The highest one is what my son likes to use.  It is almost as if he is getting a double deal b/c it also hums him to sleep. Nice. :)

Great purifier at great expense

from Girard, OH

Comments about Holmes True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier:

Holmes makes great room air filter machines.  Unfortunately, the HEPA filters are very costly and MUST be replaced every 2-3 months.  Many machines need TWO filters. The re-purchases add up fast!  If a machine costs about 100.00 expect to pay that much on replacement filters during each 6 month period.

I vote 5 on quality, but a 2 for pricey and 1 for pricey over long-term.