Other Space Heaters:

Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS

Pros

Cons

Works like a charm

This heater was great to use. The first one I bought died quickly and at first I got discouraged but it was on sale at our local store so I bought another one anyways and I am very glad I did. We have had it for 3 years now and it's great for when we need a little extra heat in the house or if the bedrooms not warm enough. My only fear was that I have small children and the front gets very hot (obviously) but it's such a big space and very bright so I can really only use it if the kids are preoccupied or sleeping. It is very easy to use and works very well. Our kitchen, dining room, and livingroom is basically one big area and our bathroom and it managed to make them all warm up. It is also energy efficient. It could probably heat up a small building or house with no problem. I recommend this product for anyone to use but if you have small children or any animals please be careful and keep them away from it!

Too unsafe for my liking.

I had 2 Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS in my home growing up. I would never use these in my own home now because I think they are really unsafe.

These...Read complete review

These heaters have 2 settings on them, one for the heat and one for how fast it blows it out. They do a good job of heating up a room. We had one in our very large living room and after a while it heated up the entire room. There was also one in my bedroom and it heated it up nicely as well. Being able to change the heat setting and how fast it blew out was nice and convenient.

My problem with these heaters is the fact that they are open in the front. There are just nice open coils behind a metal guard. Not safe for around pets. Not safe around children, if they were to walk up to it and touch the metal guard on the front they're going to be burned. If I remember correctly there is an automatic shut off if the heater gets knocked over. But the front part of the heater gets extremely hot so if it were to be knocked over you still have that extreme heat until it cools down. I just really never found this product safe when I was growing up and I would not use them in my own home now.

Unable to get replacement parts

from Plainview, NY

About Me Homeowner

Pros

• Durable
  • Heats Up Quickly
  • Lightweight

Cons

• Can Burn If Touched

• Bedroom

Comments about Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS:

One (1) of the two (2) heating tubes stopped working. I contacted Holmes and I was informed they do not sell replacement parts for their heaters. Why would I want to buy another Holmes heater if the company does not sell replacement parts. This is a terrible policy by their corporation and they have lost me as a customer.

Too unsafe for my liking.

from Kansas

Exceptional Heating Capabilities

Comments about Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS:

We bought this heater due to our enclosed porch not being fully insulated (as we found out after we bought our house). When we get snow storms in Upstate NY the snow has been piling in the enclosed porch, so we had an old heater that just wasn't doing the job anymore. After researching we found this heater. It has been wonderful. It warms the space up quickly, which is about 400 sq ft and helps keep the snow outside. The ease of use is perfect for our life, as we have a busy body dog who likes to jump around, this heater, when knocked over will turn off automatically which is extremely helpful in a busy environment. The durability has been exceptional as well, we have used it just this one winter but it is still working as well as when we bought it. The design is good as well, built tough and is extremely lightweight, easy to move from room to room if necessary. I would highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a good durable and safe heater.

• Safety:

Great little heater for small spaces and extra heat.

from West Virginia

Comments about Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS:

I love these little heaters. It has two different settings on top so you can adjust your temperature preferences. You can adjust the heat itself to how hot you want it and you can adjust the blower on the machine to how much fast you want the heat to blow. I typically set mine on medium heat and medium blow strength for the best comfort.

The heater itself keeps my bedroom and living room quite warm. Both rooms are around 12X14 and this heater is enough to toast up the room without making it uncomfortable. I can sit fairly close to the heater without feeling like I'm too warm.

My only complaint with these is that they're open and exposed. They get quite warm so if you need to move them, it's a bit hot. There is no where to safely touch the heater once it's on.

They don't put out an extreme amount of heat but on chilly mornings and nights, this heater is enough to keep the room that I am in at a comfortable temperature.

It's very easy to use this heater. You simply turn it on and turn it to the settings you prefer. I prefer medium.

It's easy to dent these heaters.

The open face design means you can't have anything anywhere near the heater. Also, the heaters are hot to the touch so you can't move them barehanded once they're running.

Safety
The open face design makes these a bit unsafe. They're hot to the touch and the animals tend to knock them over if I'm not watching. I won't leave my heater running if I have to go outside or leave the house for a few minutes.

• Safety:

Great heater that heats small or large spaces.

Comments about Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS:

We used this heater in a large space during the winter. We ran a sub for santa, where people could come and pick out toys for their children. It was in a large warehouse that was very cold. The heater helped to keep the place warm. It was great.

It helped keep the entire space heated, not just part of the space.

Super easy to use and a great product. We never had any problems with it.

We have used it for multiple years in a row. It hasn't had any problems so far.

I like the design.

Holmes Tower Heater

Comments about Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS:

My husband and I bought this heater a few years ago. One winter, the vents going into our bedroom weren't working correctly. We needed something to get us through the winter because we didn't have the money to get it fixed. The first thing I will say about this heater is that it is very large. I've used smaller heaters that worked just as well, so I think it could be smaller. Also, the inside of the heater lights up bright orange. It was good for getting up in the middle of the night and going to the restroom because it worked like a night light. It was not good when I was trying to sleep, and the light would keep me awake. I don't think the orange glowing light was necessary either. The heater did keep the bedroom warm, but it was a little too warm sometimes. We both would have to get up in the middle of the night to turn the temperature down because it would be too hot in our room. Then, we would have to get back up later and turn it up because it was too cool.

Holmes Space Heater

Comments about Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS:

I give the Holmes Space Heater a score of 5 for very good.
When I first got married, we were remodeling our home and we took the furnace out to update our downstairs walls and floor layout. It would get rather cold at night and we used our Holmes Space Heater to heat the room.
This space heater is excellent. It has different settings based on how warm you want the room to be and how long you want it to run. The heater would warm up the room immediately and would keep us warm all night long.

This heater heated our master bedroom up in a matter of minutes. It kept us nice and warm all night and we used it as our main source of heat since we took out our furnace.

It is extremely easy to use. There are two dials that are clearly labeled. It is self-explanatory.

We used this space heater for months without problem.

It is a small unit that will heat a large room easily.

Safety
While this unit was running we kept all blankets and objects at least 3 feet away. It was safe to walk up to and turn it up or down. I do not recommend this unit around kids because it does get really hot and only has a small grate on the front.

Works like a charm

Great heater!

Comments about Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS:

This is a great heater, it's very easy to use and to figure out. I would recommend this one to anyone who is looking into a temporary heater to place in their home because its a good quality one. I have really enjoyed it and would consider buying another one. It works great and has been working ever since I got it years ago, it's good quality.

warms me up good

from Lexington, KY

Comments about Holmes Tower Quartz Heater HLS:

This heater is not ideal for big room or open area but works great in office, bedroom, kids room or even bathroom. We have a spacey bathroom right now and with tile floor, winter is tough time to take shower!! But if I turn this on, it heats up quickly and keeps the room nice and warm. So I don't have to run out to bedroom anymore! I also use this in our office. It helps my feet to stay warm. Since it won't take much time to heat up, I can just carry this from one room to another. It is very easy to use, too. I am not sure about energy efficiency but I am sure it is better than heating up the whole house! I am also satisfied with easy cleanup, price, and safety.