Other Space Heaters:

Pros

Cons

Fantastic for the price!

Comments about Holmes Products HFH299 Electric Compact Heater:

Excellent!!!!!!! I use this in an unheated office inside an automotive shop located in a huge - cold - metal building and it heats the room up very quickly! I have several others that I put in other offices but this one is the best and heats a 10 x 12 room super fast. Only complaint is it can get too hot too fast in the room because it does not have a thermostat and the control is a is a turn dial.

Puts out the same heat as larger units with a strong fan to disperse the heat.

Plug it in and turn the knob.

We have used this is an industrial setting with dust and dirt and it still keeps going.

Small and easily movable, great for quickly heating up my toes by the desk! It is very light and has an easily graspable handle so those with grip issues or arthritis will not struggle with it. It runs extremely quiet which is a plus.

Safety
I like this one because the base and entire unit NEVER gets hot to the touch. I don't worry that it is going to overheat and cause a fire.

A Good Compact Product

Comments about Holmes Products HFH299 Electric Compact Heater:

I used this heater for several years in my room. I found it to be a consistent and reliable source of heat during the cold winters. It could easily heat my old room (a 12 foot by 12 foot space) in a matter of minutes. My only issue with the fan was that it had a burning or oil-like smell if left on for a long period of time.

The unit always heated the room in a matter of a few minutes. The air was quickly spread throughout the room. Even after the fan was shut off, the room would stay warm for an extended period of time.

It is very easy to use. The only important things to know is to have it stand in a place with no papers or flammable materials in the vicinity of the front and back of the fan. A fire can happen if near papers for several hours. The unit can get hot in a short time.

The product lasted for several years while I owned it. The product didn't have any mechanical flaws.

A very sleek and compact design that provides a straight flow of air from the central core in the direction of where you want the air.

Safety
My one complaint was after a lengthy time, there would be a liquid-like burning smell. I always felt that the unit could potentially overheat if left unattended for a long time.

GREAT LITTLE HEATER!

from Charleston, SC

Comments about Holmes Products HFH299 Electric Compact Heater:

This is one magnificent little heater! I call it the "little heater that could" because it performs so well! It can heat up a small face in just a few minutes and it perfect for an office setting. I like to put it under my best to warm me up in the winter (and even in the summer since our office is kept so cool and I'm cold natured). It is super easy to use (plug in, turn on, and it heats up). It appears to be pretty durable so far since I use it every time I go into work! I do love the design of this product and it is easy to move around from place to place as I move about the office. I feel like it is a safe product (I left it on overnight accidently and it did not burn anything--- although it did lower the temperature in the adjacent room which made the other room an ice box) and I would feel safe leaving it on overnight again.