Other Space Heaters:

Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch

Pros

Cons

this is the best cool to touch heater for small spaces

I actually have 2 of these small heaters in our house. One in basement to keep hubbys feet warm when he sits down there to watch tv. Great small heater for close quarters, and is cool to touch outer case.  use the other to heat the small outer proch area when friends come over and need to smoke when it is to cold outside to stand . Everyone told me good idea. and so handy

We bought this only to have it break in less than a month

We got this heater to keep a glassed in room usable in the cool winters we have in eastern Virginia. To our dismay it lasted 3 weeks of average use. This is use before it got cold. The temperatures out side were in the 40's and this little heater "gave up the ghost" while we had it on only to warm the room during the day to usable temperature. (my thermostat says 60 is usable but my husband likes it closer to 70). I do not think it is a heater that is designed to do more than add to an already heated small room indide the house. We now have a much more expensive heater that does the job perfectly. This heater was inexpensive and showed it by not lasting even into the first real cold snap.

Dama

Wonderful little heater for smaller rooms

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

I had bought about two of these several years ago. One lasted for only a year, the other one lasted for about 4 years. I would recommend this for the use of small rooms such bedrooms or bathrooms. I like the fact that it stops running as soon as the room hits the right temperature.

Performed just as I expected it to. It kept my room nice and warm since the heat didn't make it to my room with the furnace.

Very easy to use. No one will have a problem using it.

One lasted years longer than the first one did, might have to take it apart and fix it. I would like to get it running again so I don't have to keep my door open every night.

I really liked the design. There is nothing fancy about it which I feel keep the cost of these little heaters down.

Safety
Because my dogs like to sleep with me, sometimes they would knock it over and it would shut off right away and it is safe around small children. Having three grandkids running around, I don't have to worry that they will harm themselves with it or that it will cause a fire. I absolutely love this little heater.

• Safety:

A lot of power for a small unit

from San Diego, CA

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

I have this portable heater in my one bedroom apartment because I don't have central heating. I am lucky enough to live in an area of the country that doesn't get extremely cold but I get chilly rather easily due to poor circulation. This electric heater is pretty powerful for its size. I can easily keep my entire apt. warm enough with this running and although the cold seems to seep into my place quickly after turning it off, I'm not home often and don't need to keep this running while I am out. Either way, I wouldn't recommend leaving this heater unattended, or any other portable heater for that matter, because they pose a fire risk! I like that this fan can be rotated in different directions and you can set a temperature for the heater to heat up to. It takes up virtually no room and keeps me nice and cozy on cold mornings!

Great Product

from Roswell, GA

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

I am a very cold natured person, but the rest of my family members are more hot natured. We susually keep the thermostat in the mid to high sixties during the winter. This small heater is perfect to sit at my feet if I am colder than everyone else. (Our dog loves to sit in front of it, too!) It has a high/low temperature setting as well as actual temperature settings, ranging from 60 to 80 degrees. It heats quickly and is small, so it is easily portable from room to room. I love this heater so much that I bought one to keep at work. It heats our entire room very quickly. My co-worker loves it too! You can purchase this product quite often on sale for a very good price, and you should be able to purchase this quite inexpensively during winter clearance sales. I have had the heater we use at home for about 4 years, and it is still going strong. I would highly recommend this heater.

not bad

from Royersford, PA

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

We use these at our church in the nursery when the electric isn't working correctly. They are quiet and do not get overly hot. I always worry about using these that the cords would get to hot and cause a fire. I never had that issue with using this. They keep the room warm but without the cords or machine overheating. They are nice and small so you can fit it anywhere and the blower is quite strong that you can feel it across the room. I do love how compact it is as you can move it anywhere. I do kinda wish there was a temperature reader on the machine to tell you how high them temperature is getting on it just to make sure a fire will not come about

• Safety:

Very efficient to keep you warm and cozy!

from Folsom, CA

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

We have had our Holmes 1 Touch space heater for about a year and a half now and it works great.  It emits quite a bit of heat and we keep it in a room that is larger than its capacity, but the room still gets heated up well.  It doesn't get hot to the touch, but you would definitely want this up high away from young children.  It is very easy to operate - literally one touch to decide on what temperature you want and it will monitor itself based on that temperature.  We have a very inefficient household furnace so our house is generally cold in the winter and our bills are astronomical from the house heater running all day to try to keep up.  But this space heater has helped a lot and our household heater doesn't come on nearly as much.  It is nice to have when I am working at the kitchen table and I can put it on the floor by my side to warm up my toes!  It is easy to store away in the closet during the summer and it is easy to move it from room to room in the winter.  For what little money we spent on it, it has definitely gotten a lot of use!

• Safety:

Heats up any room vry quickly.

from Lawrenceville, GA

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

This space heater is great!  We needed a heater to heat up our basement as it gets very cold in the winter season.  It works so well, we can now have another family and game room to play in.  It has just the right temperatures to regulate the amount of heat needed.  Thanks for a great product.

Works great for a small room.

from Kansas City, MO

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

This heater has been the best I have bought over the years.  With cats walking around, I feel it is fairly safe.  Takes a little while to warm up a small room, but once it does it is great.  Temp control makes it shut off when it reaches the desired temp. Bonus on the electical bill!  Small and out of the way.

Great for the bathroom

from Greenville, TX

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

I purchased this heater to put in the bathroom and I love it! Not only is it compact, but It quickly warms up the room so you can wake up a few minutes early in the morning, turn it on, and before you know it, you have a warm toasty bathroom perfect for those cold morning showers! I also like the swivel option.

this is the best cool to touch heater for small spaces

from Fenton, MO

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

safe to use in close areas of the home

from Tallahassee, FL

Comments about Holmes Portable Electric Heater with 1Touch:

I have 2 of these products, and I use it in my bathroom, I turn it on before I take a shower for a about 5 minutes, and once I get into the shower I would turn it off. But before I get into the shower, my bathroom is very warm. I also use this in my computer room. I spend a great deal of time in my computer room, and I dont want to turn on my central heat to warm this room up. So before I go into my computer room, I would turn my heater on for about 5-10 minutes, and once i go into my cmputer room it is warm and cozy. This product is also very quiet. And I need to have this product to be quiet  because I have a home based business, and I really do not need any distrubances.