3.4
HOH2501
Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater

3.4

Consumer advocate at work.

from San Carlos, CA

Comments about Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

Beware of any Holmes product!!!! A year ago, our Holmes oil-filled heater exploded open, spewing hot oil all over our new home. Fortunately, no one was hurt. However, the oil damaged the walls and carpeting. In addition, we were subjected to nauseous fumes for hours from the vaporizing hot oil. We placed many calls to the company to find out if the oil vapors are safe. We also wanted to find out what would cause this to happen. It turns out there was a recall on this and many other Holmes heaters. The company did not try to investigate the issue nor did it reimburse us for damages. And one year later, they still did not respond to our letters and calls. We have carefully documented everything with photos and descriptions and filed a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. In addition, we are telling everyone to stay away from their products.

New user of this product

from Federal Way, WA

Comments about Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

Electricity in this state is quite high, so I no longer use the wall heater, I was given this heater and am going to see if it cuts down my expenses. Last year I purchased a small Honeywell, but it burned out before winter was over. It did keep my power bill down considerablly. The one I'm using now has oil in it that heats up, but does not a blower fan, but my small apartment seems to stay at a comfortable heat.

The Holmes 2501 is inconsistent, dangerous and not worth it.

from Naperville, IL

Comments about Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

We purchased two Homes HOH 2501 oil filled heaters for our family room, which is 14 x 22 feet and exposed on three sides. The floor is slate, and this room is at the far end of the run for our central heat and has never been truly comfortable.  Within 18 months of our first use, one of the units let out a loud sparking POP, and quit working. The other one has hung in there, but the design of it is such that if you try to move it while it is in use, which seems reasonable given the large wheels and handle, it will give you severe burns on your hand. Tha handle itself gets extrememly hot to the touch, as hot at the radiator fins themselves, and is fabricated of cheap plastic.Now I find that several models identical to this one have been "vol.untarily" recalled because the tend to burst into flames and cause great deals of damage to your home.Wish I had known that beforehand. First thing Monday morning, I will be talking to Homes to see if we can get coverage under the recall for the dead unit, and to replace the second one, which I now consider a ticking timebomb.Avoid these products as they are completely unsatisfactory.

TTHIS HEATER KEEPS MY BUNS WARM WHEN I'M ON MY COMPUTER

from King Of Prussia, PA

Comments about Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I LIVE ALONE IN A "JUNIOR 1-BEDROOM APARTMENT" IN AN AREA OUTSIDE PHILADELPHIA CALLED THE "MAIN LINE".

I LOVE THE AREA AND THE COMPLEX.  IT'S JUST THE RIGHT SIZE AND CONVENIENT TO SO MANY PLACES IN THE AREA FOR ME.  BUT IT'S AN OLDER COMPLEX AND HAS ELECTRIC BASEBOARD HEAT!!!  SO MUCH FOR THE ELECTRIC BILL!!!  I REFUSE TO PAY OUTLANDISH ELECTRIC COSTS FROM OUTDATED AND INEFFICIENT HEATING APPLIANCES.  SO MUCH IS NICE WITH MY APARTMENT, AND THE RENT IS GREAT.  SO I DECIDED TO PUT UP WITH A LITTLE MORE ATTENTION-GIVING TO MY HEATING NEEDS.

I BOUGHT THIS HOLMES RADIATOR---THIS SAME MODEL---6 YEARS AGO!!!.  IT WAS SO REASONABLE IN PRICE, IT HAS PAID FOR IT SELF 100 TIMES OVER BY NOW.  COMPARED TO MY NEIGHBORS WHO USE THE BASEBOARDS, MY BILL IS 1/10TH OF WHAT THEY PAY!!!

THIS PAST FALL, I WAS AFRAID THAT, AS THIS WAS GETTING ON IN YEARS, THAT IT WOULD BREAK DOWN WHILE IN THE MIDST OF A COLD SPELL.  I ORIGINALLY USED IT IN MY SMALL BEDROOM.  SO I WENT SHOPPING FOR ANOTHER EXTRA ONE, BUT WAS UNABLE TO FIND THIS MODEL.  I ENDED UP GETTING A PELONIS FOR A BIT MORE IN COST.  AS IT TURNED OUT, MY HOLMES IS STILL RUNNING QUIETLY AND CLEANLY AND OH SO WARM.  THE HEATING IS SO EFFICIENT.  I USE THIS ONE NOW IN MY LIVING ROOM INSTEAD OF THE APARTMENT HEATING.  A FRIEND VISITING ME RECENTLY REMARKED HOW NICE AND WARM THIS LITTLE HEATER MADE THE ROOM.  AND, AFTER 6 YEARS, IT'S STILL WORKING LIKE A CHARM,!!!  I LIKE MY PELONIS, TOO, BUT IT'S IN THE BEDROOM NOW AND I CAN USE MY HOLMES AT THE COMPUTER INSTEAD OF THE ELECTRIC THROW THAT I USED FOR 6 YEARS!!!  I REALLY AM GLAD THAT I BOUGHT THIS HEATER.  HOLMES IS A HIGH-QUALITY PRODUCT.

LASTLY, IT IS COMPACT, BLENDS WITH MY DECOR, ALSO, AND IS EASY TO MOVE FROM ONE SPOT TO THE OTHER WITHOUT GETTING BURNED.

warm and cozy

from Lily, KY

Pros

Cons

Comments about Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

this is a great heater it is quiet and it really warms a large area and it is cost effective

it really doesnt cost that much to use and it makes the whole area so warm and cozy Also if someone tips it over it automatically cuts off so you dont have to worry about burning the house down.

Holmes Heater HOH2501 is the best fit for me, safe and energy ef

from Brentwood, NY

Comments about Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

The Holmes heater that I purchased is a fantatic fit for me. I reside in a converter attached garage, one bedroom apt. As hard as it was for my goddaughter to spend money trying to come up with the best heating sysytem in the bathroom, I told her not to run the lines b/c the wind hitting the house frame would be more costly in Natural gas heating. so I invested in this like space heater. This heater is fantatic, even though I have my own thermostat, which by the way is digital, I must say this Holme heater has saved my girl a lot in costly heating bills.

When and if this one breaks down I shall purchase another I find them the be very economical, energy efficient, and environmentally safe. I would recommend this Holmes to any and everyone who inquires of a purchasing one. Thank you, Nelsena

mine burst into flames while i was reading in bed.

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

i always thought oil-filled electric room heaters were the safest. but i was reading in my bed one night. i heard a little explosion and looked over at my Holmes oil-radiator room heater and flames were erupting from one end. I leaped out of bed and pulled out the plug., I will never buy another Holmes heater.

Holmes spaceheater

from West Harrison, NY

Comments about Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

I am very happy with this space heater.  I purchased it for my office as the a/c is always turned way too low.  I often come into my office, take off my coat, turn on the heater and head for my morning coffee.  By the time I get back to my desk, the room is comfortable.  It heats quickly and is very quiet.

Best space heater that I have ever bought!

from Sapulpa, OK

Comments about Holmes Oil-Filled Electric Radiator Heater:

**I bought one from wal-mart a few years back and liked it so well that I went back and bought another. To me they are safer than most of the electric space heaters. They are oil filled and are not as hot to the touch like the band heaters. I have kids and that is a plus. We had one of the banded ones and it got so hot that the bands melted and were severed. I vowed I wouldn't buy a space heater again but with the oil filled they heat up and radiate heat that way. I am by far not saying leave clothes laying on them or close by. Treat it just as you would a normal space heater. If you have to have a space heater this is the type that I would recomend. We have been using them for years with no problems. Just please remember that space heaters do burn down homes and cause many hardships if not handled properly.  **