Beware of any Holmes product!!!! A year ago, our Holmes oil-filled heater exploded open, spewing hot oil all over our new home. Fortunately, no one was hurt. However, the oil damaged the walls and carpeting. In addition, we were subjected to nauseous fumes for hours from the vaporizing hot oil. We placed many calls to the company to find out if the oil vapors are safe. We also wanted to find out what would cause this to happen. It turns out there was a recall on this and many other Holmes heaters. The company did not try to investigate the issue nor did it reimburse us for damages. And one year later, they still did not respond to our letters and calls. We have carefully documented everything with photos and descriptions and filed a complaint with the Consumer Product Safety Commission. In addition, we are telling everyone to stay away from their products.
San Carlos, CA