4.8

Pros

Cons

Asthma help

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

Recently my son was diagnosed with Asthma and it was suggested that we purchase an air purifier to assist with managing his condition. I purchased the Holmes Brand Mini Tower Purifier mainly because the store's salesman recommended this specific type and model. I like that it is pretty small and doesn't require much space. It's quite simple to use and doesn't require any special skills or attention - which was quite a relief because Asthma - requires quite a bit by itself already. The front of the machine contains easy to read knobs - like a regular fan or space heater. It has 3 speed settings for a more customized experience. The air purifier seems to work incredibly well. I noticed a remarkable change in his congestion and a reduction in allergy flare ups over time. Although, I will warn that it wasn't immediate and a noticeable reduction comes with continued usage on a regular basis. The machine works to remove particles in the air that would otherwise continue to circulate and contribute to his symptoms. It has help to improve other household odors as well and seems to make the atmosphere a bit more enjoyable for us all. It was a great decision to follow through with the purchase of this particular model. It has worked out well and benefits the entire family beyond it's original purpose. I am beyond pleased and would confidently recommend it for a number of purposes.

Ease of Maintenance
Has a filter change indicator.

Very thorough and efficient

Works in a limited amount of space but does a great job when used on a daily basis

Decent design, could use slight upgrades

Great Product!

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

I have several of these air purifiers. My husband has allergies, so keeping the dust down is important to us. We've had several over the years, but this one has been my favorite. It's small but very effective.

Ease of Maintenance
This filter is very easy to maintain. The filter changes easily. I sometimes vacuum the filter between changes just to extend the filter life a little.

Dust/Allergen Removal
This Holmes filter is great for dust and allergies. My husband has allergies, and we also have a lot of collectibles that are not fun to dust and keep clean, but this filter helps with both of those issues.

Filter Availability
One of the problems with air purifiers is finding replacement filters. However, they are easy to order online if you can't find them in the store. Also, by vacuuming the filter every now and then, it will extend the life of the filter, so finding a replacement is less of an issue.

No problems with durability. We run our filters 24 hours a day and have never had a problem with the Holmes brand.

Very effective for dust and allergens. Also great for white noise while sleeping.

The design is great. It's easy to use and doesn't look out of place in a corner.

• Filter Availability:

Great little air purifier!

from Fair Play, SC

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

I bought 2 of these for my home. I have one in the living room and 1 in the bedroom. They are quiet and the filters last a long time. It has helped with asthma in my opinion because it gets so much of the impure things in the air. Cleaning is simple: just change the filter.

Ease of Maintenance
No real cleaning necessary, just replace the filter when the light notifies you.

Dust/Allergen Removal
It seems like it has helped with asthma in our house.

Filter Availability
Filters are available at department stores.

It hasn't been knocked over and we've had it for over a year. It's done great.

It's catching something because the filters are always gross when it's time to replace them.

It's compact and not an eyesore in the home.

• Filter Availability:

Holmes Hepa-Type purifier is doing good

from Austin, TX

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

This purifier is well built and seems to do its job. Just in the few weeks that's its been running, it's collected a good amount of dust in it's filter and I believe it's been purifying the air. I don't know how you really gauge that but we got this because our allergies were really acting up, and although it may have been the pollen count decreasing, things inside the house seemed to get a bit more comfortable after having this product around.

On the box it shows the different types of HEPA filters and it's uses and this one being a HEPA-type doesn't really qualify as an allergen remover, but the air itself is less dusty and more comfortable. If you're looking for a simple purifier, this one should do the job. It helped to get rid of smells caused by having indoor dogs, which shows me that's it working. The bedroom, where the dogs spend most of their time started to smell a lot like them, and after having the purifier, I've noticed that smell has gone away completely.

Great Purifier for Small Areas

from Calera, AL

Comments about Holmes HEPA Type Mini Tower Air Purifier:

We recently bought 2 of the HAP9412W air purifiers and I can tell you that we have noticed a dramatic difference in the rooms we placed them in. We have air quality problems associated with chinese made drywall and were constantly getting headaches due to the high content of sulphur in the air. Add to that the fact that we have cats and live in an area that already has poor air quality, we had to do something.

Since purchasing these, our headaches are virtually non-existant, 1 every couple of weeks now compared to a headache everyday. Also, we have noticed less dust on our furniture and hardwood floors. My wife and I both feel like we can breathe again.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this particular unit for small rooms around 100 square feet or so.