3.9
Other Space Heaters:
Holmes
HFH111T U
Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat

Summary

The Holmes Compact Heater Fan is a slim heater with a small footprint for space savings, but a wide grill for maximum heating. This heater's easy to use thermostat control and separate wattage control lets you set the heat to a level that’s just right for you. This heater also comes with a fan only setting, tip-over protection, and auto shut-off for added safety.

Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat

3.9

Pros

Cons

Worth the money!!

Comments about Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat:

It is a pretty good device. I've had mine for about 9 years now so far it works great. I used to put in my own work station during winter if I think that the office is too cold. Now that I am not working and if I think the area I'm at is chilly I will turn it on. I will also turn it on if the bathroom is slightly chilly in winter when I'm bathing my boys. If it is turned on and if my boys tip it over it will shut off.

So far so good

Pretty straight forward

So far I've moved twice with it and it has gone every where with me so far still works

Safety
Automatically shuts off when is tipped over.

Just that desk heater.

from Roanoke Rapids, NC

Comments about Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat:

This product is good pretty much just for what it was designed for . I like the size and shape. Is also very sturdy and does not cost a lot . Puts out a lot of heat and the fan blows pretty strong. Not very heavy. But only good for a small area like your desk or a very small space. Not at all good for a large area will over heat and a kid can easily stick something inside it . And after a long time running starts to make funny sounds.

Works pretty good .

Very easy to use only a few settings.

The outside is very strong and durable.

The design is ok just fine for what it was made for.

Safety
Could be a little more safer from being able to push items into the inside when in use.

• Safety:

It's an inexpensive device that's equally low in quality.

Comments about Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat:

I found this heater to be quite a disappointment. It seemed okay enough at first, but totally quit working within two months of owning it.

It didn't put out warm air of the same quality as my older space heaters & wore out too quickly for my investment.

The dials were easy to locate and read & the instructions in the manual were clearly written and concise.

The device is very fragile and will break down rather quickly. I'm not sure if this is a product glitch, or not, but I would suggest that buyers of this product be wary.

The design is simple, lightweight. The dials are easy to comprehend. These are great selling points. It is also small and compact, allowing it to fit nicely within a smaller room without any burden.

Safety
It appears to have all of the essential safety features a person would want. It sets solid and doesn't seem easy to tip. The heating element is contained, making it safe to have in households with pets.

Handy little heater

from Hopkins, MI

Comments about Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat:

We put this little heater to work in our home! All winter long, and part of fall and spring, it runs daily in my husband's home office and has yet to give us any issue. Fairly quiet and with an adjustable thermostat, it is a nice little heater for the floor to warm up a room pretty quickly. Safe to use around our kids, it has a small enough grate to prevent little fingers from getting in and stays cool to the touch. Boxy and tip resistant, it is small and compact enough to tuck out of the way yet do it's job very thoroughly. We love this heater so much, we will soon be purchasing a second to use in our basement.

• Safety:

Just right for desktop heater

Comments about Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat:

Definitely just a desktop heater. What heat it does put out is what you would need while sitting at your desk, so obviously doesn't travel very far. You can even put it in the bathroom so you have instant heat when you get out of the shower, especially in the winter when it's extra cold! Nice to be able to carry it around.

• Safety:

Portable heater that does the job

from Fullerton, CA

Comments about Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat:

I gave my mom this heater because she complained of being cold all the time in her apartment which gets little sunlight due to the obstruction of trees. I have one of my own that I use around the house and it's great for cold mornings right out of the shower! I use it near the bathroom so that I can get ready without freezing. It's not the quietest heater that I have ever used but it does a good job of blowing heat in close vicinity. However, don't expect your entire house to get heated up with this little thing, it won't work and you'll spend a fortune on electricity. For small spaces, it does a good job but don't leave it running or plugged in while you're away, it could be a fire hazard.

• Safety:

Good for the price paid.

Comments about Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat:

I have the Holmes Desktop Heater. I works well and is very durable. It has an adjustable speed and adjustable heater control. When the temperature is incredibly cold and all you can do is stay at home, the Holmes heater is perfect to keep you warm during those cold winter days. It isn't loud and very portable so you can take is with you around your house without having to lug around an huge thing. It is a great item to have. I've had mine for two years and I have not had any problems with it (as of yet). Anyways, if you want something dependable, small, and not heavy, buy this. It isn't expensive and once you buy it, you'll wonder why you didn't buy it earlier.

average.

okay.

sometimes it gets overheated.

average.

Safety
it shuts down when it gets overheated.

• Safety:

Great for office areas!!!

from Brandon, MS

Comments about Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat:

The temperatures in my office vary so I am able to use the fan or the heater to allow the most comfort in my area.

Has never let me down. Always turns on and provides just the right amount of assistance for the air surrounding me.

Just a turn of the knob and you are well on your way to comfort.

Sturdy and well constructed.

Blends in well with my work cubicle environment. Doesn't take up much space.

Safety
This product is safe to use in small areas. It doesn't pose any threat of over heating or causing fire.

Cheap but works well

from Knoxville, TN

Comments about Holmes Desktop Heater Fan with Comfort Control Thermostat:

I purchased this from WalMart a year or so ago and I've been very happy with it. I was searching for a simple heater/fan for my room and my kid's room. I turn the heat down at night and it's nice to have space heaters in the bedrooms so I know the kids won't get too cold.

This heater is simple to operate, isn't too loud, and does a good job of keeping the bedrooms at the right temperature.

You couldn't heat a house or any large area with this heater just because it's so small but it's perfect for what I use it for.

My only issue with it is when I switch it from fan in the summer to heat in the winter it smells like it's burning for the first 10 minutes. Must be all the dust that accumulated over the summer burning off but it really scared me the first time it happened. I've started cleaning it out a little before I switch every winter and it's not nearly as bad.