3.5

3.5

Acceptable But Not Ideal

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Holmes Arm & Hammer Odor Grabber Air Purifier:

I've tried a few different air purifiers that have claimed to eliminate odors and had mixed success with them so I was hesitant to try the Holmes Arm & Hammer Odor Grabber Air Purifier.

It's a nice, small size, suitable for placing on a desk or end table.

The low setting is fairly quiet and it can run while you're watching television or listening to music without interfering. On the high setting it's a bit louder, on par with a window fan, which definitely interferes with other activities.

As an air purifier it does a decent job of purifying the area directly around the unit. It isn't intended for, or useful for, purifying an entire room. So, if you have a litterbox or a bowl of stinky onion dip or something and it is placed directly near it then it works reasonably well to eliminate the odor, but it's not ideal. Especially since the unit contains a fan that puts out a rather strong breeze which can blow napkins and such around.

Overall, this was acceptable but really not what I was hoping for.

• Ease of Maintenance:
  • Dust/Allergen Removal:
  • Filter Availability:

Great Odor Reducer For Small Areas

from Va

Comments about Holmes Arm & Hammer Odor Grabber Air Purifier:

I actually purchased 2 of these odor grabbing air purifiers to try to eliminate the smoke smell on my back porch and to help eliminate the cooking smell after I cooked foods like cabbage, onions, fried foods, leaving my house with an unpleasant odor. The Holmes Arm & Hammer Odor Grabber Air Purifier worked in my home because of the size I think. It is a rather small size and the front of the purifier looks rather attractive, but the back of it, which is the brain behind this machine, is open and looks rather tacky. I had a hard time placing the two I purchased in a place where only the front could be seen, and have it circulate enough of the air in a room. I truly don't think a product can completely elimanite a bad odor, but it can help decrease the smell. I can say with the cigarette smoke smell it helped cut half the smell out and with the cooking smell, it helped reduce the odor by 70%. I've moved the purifiers in different rooms when needed, after I change a dirty diaper I will place one in the room. It's certainly worth checking out, it definatly helps with odors and is well worth the price!

Ease of Maintenance
Fairly easy to clean, easy to replace filters.

Dust/Allergen Removal
I enjoy seeing the dust and dirt on the filter because I know it's working!

• Ease of Maintenance: