3.3
PS-200
HoMedics Home Touch Perfect Steam Commercial Garment Steamer

HoMedics Home Touch Perfect Steam Commercial Garment Steamer

3.3

This product works, but not for deep wrinkles

from Wesley Chapel, FL

Comments about HoMedics Home Touch Perfect Steam Commercial Garment Steamer:

I bought this product because I was looking for something easy to use in the morning when I am in a hurry trying to get ready for work. It is a pain to get the ironing board out, and iron your clothes when you are in a hurry.
I saw a similar product on an infomercial, but did not want to spend the money they were asking, so I bought this HoMedics product at my local department store.
It does work really well to get light wrinkles out of clothing, but not deep wrinkles. I have found that I can use this machine right when my clothes come out of the dryer and then hang them up immediately. It is easy to use, and literally doesn't take much time at all to get the wrinkles out. I still have my old fashioned ironing board hanging up if I need it for deep wrinkles or obtaining a crisp look, but I do not use it nearly as much since I bought this machine.

Very easy to clean and fill with new water.

This machine is very easy to use, and it is very self explanatory.

• Safety:

Great Product!

Comments about HoMedics Home Touch Perfect Steam Commercial Garment Steamer:

This is a wonderful product that i use to iron/clean my dresses and other clothing that I couldn't put in the washing machine and dryer because they would shrink and get ruined. From time to time I wash them carefully by hand, but this product makes it a lot easier to clean those clothing pieces more often and keeping them in good shape. The steam from this product comes from plain tap water, making it really easy to use and refill. It has a nice design and also has space for me to hang my clothing on it so I have my hands free to clean. The only complaint I have though is sometimes the product might emit too much steam, causing my clothes to get a bit too wet in the process. Also the product itself can get a bit hot when in use, so you might want to be a bit careful when using it. Overall I think the HoMedics PS-200 Home Touch Perfect Steam Commercial Garment Steamer is a wonderful product and will recommend it to people.

• Safety:

Gets the job done, but with only mild satisfaction

from Pittsburg, CA

Comments about HoMedics Home Touch Perfect Steam Commercial Garment Steamer:

After a late night of channel surfing I stumbled on a informerical for a garment steamer and I thought to myself that it would be great to have that around so I don't have to do any bothersome ironing anymore. Fast forward a few months, I found a local deal at a department store where I picked up the Homedics home touch perfect steam system for a decent price. "Great!, Now I can steam my entire wardrobe in under an hour" I thoguht as I set it up and turned it on. After a few pants and collared shirts were done, I stopped to reflect on my purchase. The bottom line is that I am glad I bought this machine, it works extremely well and it does save a ton of time and energy compared to the standard iron. However, in my opinion a standard iron gives you a cleaner, crisper finish than this steamer. This was the most noticable on the collared shirts I chose to steam. All and all this steamer is a great buy, however with consideration with a few fabrics or garments it may dissapoint slightly.

Beware!

from Milford, OH

Comments about HoMedics Home Touch Perfect Steam Commercial Garment Steamer:

This item is an amazing idea. The unfortunate part of it is that it only worked once for me. It worked pretty well that one time, but it quit working the next time I wanted to use it. The next time I attempted to use it was on one of my best friends wedding day. I told her that she could use it to touch up her wedding dress. It was a hot July day and it had been stored in my car while I drove the 3 hours to go to the wedding. It was as if the water had boiled inside the plastic water storage area and had melted some of the plastic so the white plastic cap on this storage tank didn't drain properly. Luckily, I have a handy husband who made it work for a limited time using a chapstick lid, so the water would drain. Eventually, I threw this piece of junk away, as I knew that I could not use the chapstick lid method everytime I wanted to use it. If you want a professional steamer, you should buy one made for professionals, don't expect one that is so much cheaper than the professional kind to work like you want it to.

not what I expected

from Portland, OR

Comments about HoMedics Home Touch Perfect Steam Commercial Garment Steamer:

My wife and I purchased the Home Touch Perfect steam commercial Garment Steamer, Model PS-200, about 6 months ago.  It has not lived up to our expectations.  It seems like even after using it, you still need to do some pressing.  I like the idea of it, but again, not real happy with the results.  I admit that we have not used it alot up to this point as it seems easier to just iron than get it out and get it ready to go.  If I had to do it over, I would probably not buy it.  In fact, we are considering selling it.

Best Garment Steamer for the Price

from Decatur, IL

Comments about HoMedics Home Touch Perfect Steam Commercial Garment Steamer:

My best friend (who does not iron AT ALL) got me addicted to the concept of clothes steamers. Because she doesn't iron, the only thing she has ever used to press her clothes is a steamer. I found this out traveling with her, and one night when I needed to press a suitcase-wrinkled jacket, she whipped out her steamer and made me an instant convert.

This Homedics steamer I immediately took a fancy to because of its ease of use and design. It's a breeze to store and use, and it works exceedinly well for the price. What it won't do is take thick wrinkles from upholstery and curtains - this is really for garments only - but your jackets will love you.

Steam, in my opinion, makes clothes look 'fresher' than simply ironing them, which is one reason I love this steamer. I've had mine for over a year - a note: you'll want to clean it out with a vinegar solution from time to time if you've got hard water, lest the minerals build up. Otherwise? A winner!