Other Rice Cookers & Steamers:
Hitachi RD6106 10 Cup Rice Cooker

Hitachi RD6106 10 Cup Rice Cooker

anyone can make great rice with Hitachi

from El Paso, TX

Comments about Hitachi RD6106 10 Cup Rice Cooker:

**HITACHI 10 Cup- RICE COOKER ** has been my little kitchen helper for 16 years. I will so buy another HITACHI RICE COOKER after having had so many long years of service from their product. I never could cook a decent pot of rice, no matter how I tried to cook it. So my mom bought me the HITACHI CHIME-O-MATIC RD-6103 10 cup rice cooker. It makes rice perfect and easy every time I cook it. I prefer Calrose premium brand rice, it has the best taste and consistency. Measure your rice using the plastic cup that comes with the Hitachi Chime-O-Matic Rice Cooker. I use 1 1/2 cups of water per each cup of rice I use . Measure the water using that same plastic cup. This rice cooker comes with a steaming plate, so you can use it to steam food . There are instructions with the rice cooker that tell you how much water to use with different veggies , but the instructions are only geared toward using frozen veggies. I have never used my rice cooker to steam veggies so I cannot speak on its performance as a steamer. It makes wonderful rice however and it is the only way I cook (white) rice. I do not cook brown rice in the rice cooker however b/c the rice cooker only cooks rice for about 15 minutes and that is not long enough to cook brown rice. I definitely recommend Hitachi rice cookers to those who love rice.