Other Cat Foods:
Hill's Science Diet
Hill's Science Diet Multicare with Chicken Feline Dry Cat Food (4lb bag)

Hill's Science Diet Multicare with Chicken Feline Dry Cat Food (4lb bag)

Hill's Science Diet Multicare c/d Cat Food is AMAZING!

from Homer, IN

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Multicare with Chicken Feline Dry Cat Food (4lb bag):

I have two 14 year old cats: a male and a female. My male cat started getting urinary tract infections about two years ago. After about five trips to the vet for antibiotics, my vet suggested we switch him to Hill's Science Diet Multicare c/d Prescription food. Since we have two cats, we switched both of them, even though my female didn't have urinary problems. After only a month of being on the food, I was amazed at how well they both were doing. They both are more active and just look healthier. Their coats are so soft and they shed less. My female cat's allergies have gotten better. My 14 year old cats both act like they are 3 years old again! It's absolutely amazing what a good food can do. The only downside to this food is that is it VERY expensive, but when you have an animal, you have to take the best care of them that you can. I highly recommend this food if you can afford it.

awesome kitty food!

from Silverdale, WA

My kitty is almost eight years old now and when he was about two, he started having bladder issues. He was stopped up all the time and just couldn't go to the bathroom. We took him to the vet and she recommended the Science Diet C/D for felines. She said he may not have to be on it for the rest of his life, so to try it out for a couple months and see if it works. So we did that, it worked, and we slowly incorporated store bought food again. After about a month of solely being on the store bought food again, he was having the same potty problems again. So we switched him back to the C/D and he has been on it ever since. Needless to say, he has to be on it for the rest of his life. The only downfall is that it is pretty pricey because it is prescription, but it is so worth it when I think about my kitty's life span. We purchase it at Petsmart with out prescription card from the vet and sometimes they have coupons that can be used on this food, so definitely take advantage of that! Great food and would highly recommend!

Hill's Science Diet c/d prescription cat food fixed my kitty!

from Kenosha, WI

My older cat, Sadie, 13 years,  used to have issues with urinating in random places around the house. I took her to the vet and at first they thought she had a bladder infection and put her on antibiotics. After a month of pills she was still urinating not in her litter box. I switched vets and he told me that she didn't have an infection. It appears that she caught a virus that cats can get and this virus acts up when they get stressed. He put her on a prescription diet of Hill's Science Diet c/d dry cat food. After a couple weeks of eating this food, she was back to using her litter box only.

As it is quite expensive, I tried taking her off the prescription food. This was a big mistake as within four months she was sporadically urinating on clothes again. I put her back on the Science Diet c/d cat food and haven't taken her off of it for 2.5 years. She's not had any urination problems in that time.

This food is usually only available at a vets. I'm sure you can order on-line, but I would be wary due to expiration dates and such. Just make sure you buy from a reputable site.

One other thing to note: my husband is allergic to cats but is fine around Sadie. I have to attribute some of his non-reaction to c/d cat food. I believe it makes her coat healthier so she has no dander, therefore, he is not producing allergic symptoms. I would recommend trying this cat food if you have someone allergic to cats.