Other Cat Foods:

Cons

My Cat Occasionally Overgrooms; This Formula Seems to Help

from Chicagoland, IL

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

Persia is a short-haired tortie who wouldn't seem to need a hairball control cat food. However, even though she enjoys our regular brushing sessions, she has episodes where she overgrooms and ingests too much hair.

We've used Hill's Science Diet from the time that we adopted her, so we turned to the Hairball Control Adult Formula to help keep her hairballs at bay. Within a week or two, she was coughing up fewer hairballs than when she was eating the regular formula. Even though the overgrooming occurs episodically, we feed her the hairball formula consistently. She went from coughing up a hairball once a week to maybe once every few months. Persia tolerates the formula well and her bowel movements are regular with well-formed stools.

She seems to like the taste of the Hairball formula, though not quite as much as the regular. The quality of ingredients are good; though not on par with the pricier organic and all-natural brands that are in the marketplace. There's no variety of flavor in this cat food, but Persia likes it and we supplement with a daily serving of wet cat food for variety.

• Flavor Selection:

Works very well for those cats that overgroom and get hairballs

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

My cat simply loves this food. At one point I tried to stop giving her this and move strictly to the food my other cat ate and she drove me insane. I had to go out and get a bag just to keep a small amount in a dish for her sake. This definitely seems to help keep the hairballs under control. Now when there is an issue it is more spit than actual solid hairballs. I would recommend this to anyone who has a cat with hairball issues.

Quality of Ingredients
Hill science is a brand that my veterinarian recommended to me originally, though we go with the store version as opposed to the veterinarian prescription choices. I trust the ingredients used in this brand whole heartedly.

Flavor Selection
Though there are no actual flavor options for this brand, my cat threw a fit for days when it tried to stop giving her this food. I was cried at day and night until I gave in and bought more. Apparently this food tastes very good!

• Flavor Selection:

The perfect cat food for my kitty!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

I just purchased this food for my cat after the new year. My vet told me that it would be perfect for her sensitive stomach, her little hairball issue, and to help her lose a bit of weight because it has extremely quality ingredients. I had to pay a little more for this food than for the food I usually buy, but I thought it would be worth it, so I did not have any problem with doing so. Also, I had to go to a specialty pet store to find it. They did not have it at Walmart. I am really that I bought this food. Science Diet is the best thing I could have done for my cat. She loves the food and she seems as though she is more active. Her coat is softer and shinier than before. She has not had one sick episode since we started this food. I am so glad that this food has worked and I definitely plan to keep buying it, even if I have to pay a little more and drive a little further. It is worth it to see her happier and healthier.

• Flavor Selection:

great cat food for cats with sensitive stomachs

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

I like that I can find and choose a dry cat food option especially formulated to my cat's needs. The ingredients in this cat food are easier for my cat with a sensitive stomach to digest. I know that they are getting all the vitamins and they need to grow and live a healthy lifestyle. This cat food brand is a good price for a high quality product. I know with this product I am not only getting a good deal but a good quality of food for my cats.

Quality of Ingredients
The ingredients, vitamins, and minerals in this food are of top quality ingredients. This brand of cat food only uses the finest cuts of meat, fish fillets, and vegetables and grains to make their food. I like that this brand also has the option to help control hairballs in my longer hair cats.

Flavor Selection
This dry cat food has many different flavor bites that my cat loves. I like a cat food that gives my cat a variety of flavors to enjoy made from no by products and only top quality meats and ingredients.

good quality brand

from St. Paul, MN

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

This is one of the cat foods I tried with my cats when they were a year or two old. In general, I feel all of the science diet brand varieties are a high quality cat food. They always help make my cats's coat very soft and smooth, not dull like some foods. It also helps with the litter pan, some of the lesser quality brands I've noticed make my cats go to the bathroom quite a bit more often than with the science diet brand varieties. I tried many of the different varities, including the hairball control, for me cats because I had a hard time finding something that worked well for both of them. They both are a tad overweight and one of them has a lot of tummy problems, getting sick a lot after eating. I did like this product, however, for the price there are other brands that are close runner ups that are far cheaper. If money isn't an issue I was recommend using this product. If it is, I'd suggest trying a cheaper brand like Purina (that's what I mostly use now).

Science Hills Diet

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

I actually quite enjoy the science diet. My vet recommended it for my kitten who loves to eat just about anything. They have said that it has the natural products and the vitamins he needs, in the adult food he can not have because it does not have the right nutrition for him and will not help his bones grow healthy and hearty. He is a very active cat and I would like something that upholds to this. I have tried other food and he does not to seem to be as active, I have given him Blue buffalo and he absolutely loves it. Blue buffalo and Science diet are the ways to go. They are natural and healthy and have no additives or corn. Cats cannot digest corn, neither can human beings so why would you give your cat something you cannot digest and neither can they. The science diet is good for kittens has the multi vitamins and the nutrients they need. It is also great for over weight kitties that have a sensitive stomach, either way it is an all time favorite brand of my home.

• Flavor Selection:

Can't say enough positive things about this food!

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

I bought this for my cat Jumanji after trying several other hairball treatments without any improvement. Jumanji was constantly grooming himself, to the point of very frequent hairballs & bald patches on his tummy. He was coughing and hacking almost daily. His skin was dry and flaky. He was constantly scratching. My vet suggested that I try this food to see if it made any improvement in his condition. I carefully weaned him from his other food onto Hill's over the course of about two weeks, as per instructions on the bag. I noticed that he was grooming much less within a week. He doesn't scratch at all and his skin isn't flaking anymore. It's been three months now and I have not noticed any coughing or hacking. His coat is so soft and luxurious now, and the bald patches have all grown back in with soft hair. He seems so much more relaxed and playful now. He even seeks me out for playtime more often.

Quality of Ingredients
Much improvement overall in my cat.

Flavor Selection
Wish there was a choice of flavors.

My cat loves this food

from Sturgis, SD

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

My older cat is very picky about his food.  He will eat this dry food before he eats any moist food.  The vet recommended this food when he was have problems keeping food down.  Since we put him on this diet, we have had very few hairballs to clean up and he is a long haired cat.

Science Diet Solved Our Cat's Hairball Problem

from Northfield, MN

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

We had been using a weight loss cat food, but one of our hats had a bad stomach reaction, while another seemed prone to hairballs almost no matter what she ate. Our veterinarian eventually suggested trying Science Diet, and it worked very well.

While it is somewhat expensive and we had to buy it at our vet's office, Science Diet Hairball Control solved all of our cats' stomach problems and became something we could give to all of our pets with no problem, and they would eat it happily. Some foods to solve various problems are not tasty enough to convince even the cat with the problem to eat it, let alone all of them, and that was not a problem here. If I had another cat in the future with this problem, I would try this again.

Hill's Science Diet is simply the best!

from Bernville, PA

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Hairball Control Formula Adult:

Hill's Science Diet has a formula that is right for every cat in each stage of life. There's never a question about what to give your pet for proper nutrition. If you know your cats's age and weight, the bag will tell you which formula to buy. Whether you have a kitten, an adult cat or a Senior, Science Diet has their dietary needs covered.