Other Dog Foods:
Canned Dog Food
Hill's Science Diet
Hill's Science Diet Adult Savory Stew with Chicken & Vegetables Canned Dog Food

Hill's Science Diet Adult Savory Stew with Chicken & Vegetables Canned Dog Food

Good for Dogs of All Sizes!

from Hartford, CT

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Savory Stew with Chicken & Vegetables Canned Dog Food:

When my vet recommended that I switch my dog to a different food because he was getting a bit plump he recommended Hill's Science Diet's foods. I picked up a variety of flavors for my dog to try, the Savory Stew with Chicken & Vegetables among them.

First, this is a large can so it became about four meals for my little Chihuahua. For larger dogs one can would probably be a single meal.

Although this has larger sized chunks of meat my little dog does not have any problem chewing them. They fit in his tiny mouth just fine and do not slow him down a bit! He's not overly fond of the vegetables, but he does eat all the meat and the gravy disappears in mere moments.

While this is not his favorite flavor it's a good option and he does eat it.

The nutrition is good and the vegetables make me feel like he's getting a healthier diet. He did certainly lose weight while on the food!

I definitely recommend this to dogs of any size who like chicken flavors!

• Quality of Ingredients:
  • Flavor Selection:

Wow - my dog actually eats vegetables now!

Due to symptoms of kidney failure, my dog has been taking medication for almost one year and will continue to do so for the rest of her life. One of her medications comes in powered form and is supposed to be sprinkled on wet or dry food. My dog is tricky and immediately figured our how to eat around the powder when I put it on her dry food. Therefore, I can only administer the powder when I mix it (really well) with wet food.

Through trial and error, I've discovered which wet foods work best for helping my dog "eat" her medicine. She prefers the foods that contain gravy, however, some of them contain more gravy than food and don't seem healthy to me.

I am very happy that I found Hill's Science Diet Adult Savory Stew with Chicken & Vegetables. I am aware that many vets recommend and sell this product in their offices and the label also states that it is Veterinarian Recommended.

What I like about this wet food is that along with big chunks of meat and brown rice, it also contains vegetables such as carrots and potatoes. While I'm not sure exactly how much nutrition the vegetables are giving my dog, I'm happy that she's eating them because she has never eaten table scraps containing veggies.

I love my dog dearly and want to do whatever I can to ensure that she is with us for as long as possible. Feeding her good dog food is one of the best ways that I can do that so I will continue to purchase this wet food for her.

• Quality of Ingredients: