Other Dog Foods:

Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food

Pros

Cons

Hills Science Diet Light Small Bites Lowers the Calories and Fat

Small dogs prefer smaller kibbles, with makes sense given the size of their small mouths. Dog food manufacturers have made plenty of dog foods with smaller pieces, but only a handful combine small kibbles with lower calories and lower fat for weight control. One of the few is Hills Science Diet Light Adult Dog Foods Small Bites Dog Food.

Dog Food Facts and Commentary:

Hills Science Diet Light Adult Dog Foods Small Bites Dog Food is a good quality dog food with good ingredients and lower calories to help smaller breeds with weight issues. The small kibbles have little smell and are good for breeds weighing under 30 pounds.

I have a smaller breed now and he doesn’t have any weight issues at the moment, but he has had them before and Hills Science Diet Light Adult Dog Foods Small Bites Dog Food was one of the foods I served. I already knew and respected the Hills name, so I knew the food was one of quality. And the reduced calories- along with limits on dog treats and snacks- helped my dog gradually regain a healthy shape.

I like Hills Science Diet Light Adult Dog Foods Small Bites Dog Food for its many good qualities, but I must warn that not all dogs are going to go for the taste. My dog wouldn’t even touch the food the first time it was served to him and only with a little coaxing did he finally give in and eat. I think he just reached the point that he was hungry enough that he stopped resisting and ate the food.

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

Hills Science Diet Light Adult Dog Foods Small Bites Dog Food is a good food in the quality category and it does contain lower fat and calories to help dogs with weight issues. You dog may not be crazy for the taste like mine, but he/she will hopefully give in and eat in due time.

Quality of Ingredients
Like most Hills Science Diet foods, this dog food is a good one from an ingredient standpoint.

This dog food makes my dog sick

I thought that Hill's Science Diet would be a good product for my little eleven year old yorkie named JoJo.  Shortly after JoJo was given some of the Hill's Science Diet she was very sick.  My poor baby.  She was vomitting and had severe diarrhea.  I took her to my vet and he suggest that it was the Hill's Science Diet that I fed her that made her so sick.  After that, I stopped feeding her that dog food and went back to our old brand.  She was much happier, and healthier, before we started feeding her the Hill's Science Diet.  I thought this was supposed to be a good quality brand but I was wrong.  I regret feeding my dog this dog food and will never trust this brand again.  This is such a disappointment after the trouble I had trying to find it in any store around my area.  And to top it all off, Hill's Science Diet is way too expensive for my budget.  Although no expense is too much for my JoJo, the thought that I paid so much for this product and it made her sick is disappointing.

Hill Science Diet Light Small Bites is a big hit in my house

from Rome, PA

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

Two of my dogs have been on this food for a few years. They were both a little overweight and have hip problems. To help alleviate the pain that comes with bad hips weight loss was an issue. This product is relatively well priced and works. Not to mention my dogs love it. My little dog does a dance around her food dish whenever it is time to eat.

Quality of Ingredients
There was no issues when changing my dogs over to this food. The switch was seamless and they absolutely love it. As this brand is recommended by my vet, I am also very trusting of the ingredients that are in it.

Flavor Selection
As with many diet dog foods, there is little in the way of flavor choices for this product. However, my dogs very much enjoy this food. The flavor seems to be enjoyable by both my dalmation and my black lab, also, my other dog tries to steal this food making me think he likes it too. I wish there were more choices, but this does the job of weight loss while still being enjoyable to my pets.

Great Brand, Great Product

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

Overall Science diet is a great brand which has quality ingredients and flavors for your pet while still being a healthy choice. Growing up my one dog Toby got a little overweight when we introduced new pets. To keep him from being over weight and unhappy we switched him over to Science Diet's Light dog food. I was worried at first we would not like the flavor but he loved it! Even our other dogs tried to eat it too so it must have a good flavor. In no time our dog was back to his normal weight. I would recommend this to anyone looking to slim down their dog.

Quality of Ingredients
Science diet is the perfect combination of great flavors and quality, healthy ingredients. This product keeps my pet healthy and happy but also satisfies their taste buds.

Flavor Selection
Science diet light does not have a big flavor selection but the brand in general offers a lot of different products and flavors for any type of dog.

My dog loves it!!!

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

This food is great. My dog who is a Pomeranian mix loves this food. She has also lost weight from it which i am very happy about since she was four pounds over weight. I would recommend this food to anyone which i have. My mother now uses it for her dogs. I use to work for petsmart and this is the food given to the dogs if their pet parent asks for it and they love it also. Science diet is the only food that will be given to all four of my animals. The other food I had for my dog she wasn't into it. but when I go science diet for her she ate it right up. The price is really great also. The nutritional facts is also great for every animal. I also love how there is different varieties and since my dog is a small breed its great how the science diet comes in small bites so she can eat it right up. Whats great about the science diet bag is that its zip-lock so its easy to store and it also keeps the food fresh. I will highly recommend science diet food to anyone.

Hills Science Diet Light Small Bites Lowers the Calories and Fat

from Houston, TX

Dog Food Facts and Commentary:

Bottom Line Viewpoint:

He lost weight

from Lebanon, MO

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

I took my dog to the vet and she said he was a little overweight. I asked her what she recommended. She carried it in her office and after about 2 weeks he lost the 5 pounds that she wanted him too. We have kept him on it and he loves it.

Science diet small bites leaves my dog smelling good!!!

from Grantsville, UT

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

My mini weiner dog got parvo two weeks after brining her home. She survived but had a super sensitive stomach afterwards. on top of that she was severly underweight so, i was left with the challange of finding a dog food that she loved the taste of and it had to agree with her stomach. Well.... Science diet small bites won. She loves the taste of it and she it was the only one she never through up! Throughout the years i have had to buy a bag or two of cheap dog food just to get by because science diet is soo expensive and i noticed that she smells like corn chips and dirty socks after eating off brand dog food for a few days. Even after a bath she sticks. Its just the smell of her skin. But after eating science diet again, the smell goes away. I think its all the corn fillers and junk they put in cheap food. I also notice she has to eat more of the cheap stuff so in all actuality its not saving me any money.

he lost weight but was angry

from Buffalo Grove, IL

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

Hi my dog and i were part of an exercise and diet program featured on Good Morning America. We walked together and dieted together Pugsley was a 31# happy go lucky Pug until he ate this crappy dog food Sure he lost weight but he got angry and mean to everyone who knows him he even growled at small children something he never does well long story short he no longer diets his weight is 28 # and he is happy once again and eats strawberries as a treat

Dog loved it but overpriced!

from 76549

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

I switched to Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Formula after taking my dog to the vet and finding out that she was 5 pounds overweight. The vet recommended this brand so I thought I would give it a try. My dog loved the taste but I didn't notice any weight loss even after 2 months of feeding it to her. I think this brand is high quality and my dog loves it but it is quite expensive. I think it was two to three times more expensive than the other brand that I was using before. Since I didn't see any change in her weight, I decided to switch back to the other Light brand of dog food I was using before but tried to reduce the amount I was feeding her. She hasn't gained weight which is good and I think she lost maybe a pound since then. I do think it is a great brand but I really couldn't afford to keep spending three times the amount of money when I could just buy the other brand of light dog food.

the best dog food for all dog lovers

from Indianapolis, IN

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

science diet is the best dog for for any breed of dogs. the other brands have a lot of corn in the ingredents so it makes your dog use the bathroom alot. but science diet doest it keeps your dog regulated and you dont have to worry about them using the bathroom in your house if you are going to be gone along time. with other brands of dog food yoou can leave your house for twenty minute and come back there will be three pile of dog poo. but with sciencew diet you dont have to worry about that unless they get in the trash or something. if you are a dog lover and you want to make sure that your dog has the best then go and get science diet. you will never go back to your old brand.

IZZY Loves Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dog Food

from Alexandria, LA

Comments about Hill's Science Diet Adult Light Small Bites Dry Dog Food:

My sweet little Chihuahua, Isabella, absolutely loves "Hill's Science Diet Adult Small Bites Dog Food". It is just the right size food bites for small breed dogs, which she is. The Veternarian decided that Izzy needed to be eating the "Light" variety of Hill's Science Diet because she had begun to put on weight which was not good for her small build and her age. Izzy loves the light formula just as much as she liked the regular small bites. It is as if she can't tell a difference at all. I know that if my veternarian recommended it for her that it must be what she needs for her health. The small bites are just the right size for her to eat. Hill's Science Diet Litght Small Bites is healthy for Isabella. I know that I am taking good care of her by following the Vet's recommendation and he is well pleased with her checkups since she is eating the Science Diet Light. A thank you to our Vet and to Hills Science Diet for this special blend of food.