Other Cat Foods:
Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Bladder Health Dry Cat Food

Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Bladder Health Dry Cat Food

Excellent Product

from Tampa, FL

Comments about Hill's Prescription Diet c/d Multicare Feline Bladder Health Dry Cat Food:

My cat was causing a little bit of trouble around the house.  It seems he was trying to tell us he was in pain.  We took him to the vet and we found he had crystals in urine.  They perscribed this food.  What a difference.  Within a week my cat seems much happier and isn't getting into trouble anymore.  The food is meant for cats with crystals in there urine.  The only con is its more expensive then the food we were buying before and we also seem to only be able to buy it at the vets office.

Great food

from Silverdale, WA

My kitty is almost eight years old now and when he was about two, he started having bladder issues. He was stopped up all the time and just couldn't go to the bathroom. We took him to the vet and she recommended the Science Diet C/D for felines. She said he may not have to be on it for the rest of his life, so to try it out for a couple months and see if it works. So we did that, it worked, and we slowly incorporated store bought food again. After about a month of solely being on the store bought food again, he was having the same potty problems again. So we switched him back to the C/D and he has been on it ever since. Needless to say, he has to be on it for the rest of his life. The only downfall is that it is pretty pricey because it is prescription, but it is so worth it when I think about my kitty's life span. We purchase it at Petsmart with out prescription card from the vet and sometimes they have coupons that can be used on this food, so definitely take advantage of that! Great food and would highly recommend!

Takes care of our cat

from Warrensburg, MO

Our cat has been on this for obout 6 years. He had gotten what were basically kidney stones and had to have surgery to repair. The vet told us this is what we needed to keep him on for life if we didn't want any further problems. 6 years down the road we have not had any urinary problems with our cat. I have spoken to several vets around our town to see if there is an alternative (mostly due to cost) but all have steadfastly said that Prescription Diet is the thing to use.

That said, it is very expensive. The cost is pretty high even with coupons or discounts. It is difficult to find coupons also. I have gotten a few in the mail or from contact Hill's myself. But they don't offer them regularly. The other issue we have found is that this food has a high fat content. Our cat has put on quite a bit of weight since he has been on this. And unfortunately as there is no alternative he has to continue to stay on this.

But the bottom line is his health. So as long as he is healthy then I would say that C/D is doing it's job.

Improved our cat's health

from Dayton, OH

Our cat had horrible urinary problems.  This prescription cat food is very expensive but the cost is much better than the frequent stays at the veterinary's clinic overnight!  Since our cat has started this diet (I'd say about 4 years now) he has not had any health issues at all.  So the price is worth it! We of course would have spent any price to keep our cat healthy, and knowing that this is a product recommended by our vet helped as well.  Overall, I would defintely recommend this product to any cat lover.