3.5
Hewlett Packard OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus All-In-One InkJet Printer

Hewlett Packard OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus All-In-One InkJet Printer

3.5

HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 all in one inkjet printer

Comments about Hewlett Packard OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus All-In-One InkJet Printer:

The Printer itself is fine. It prints with great quality, and is very fast. It prints in color and black and white. Its a scanner, copier, and printer all in one. It is also wireless so you can be on one side of the house and print to the other.

It does exactly what it is supposed to do. It copies, scans, and prints. I see exactly what I am supposed to be seeing. The colors are spot on. It doesn't take forever for the copies to come out. It prints a lot fast than a lot of other printers that I have seen on the market.

Copy Quality
The copies look exactly like the original. There are no smears, no runs, and no other types of imperfections. Whether I am printing from my computer or scanning and copying from the printer the quality doesn't change. The copies are always perfect.

Ink/Paper Use
It takes all sizes of paper. I haven't had any jams like I have had with other printers. It can copy onto normal paper and picture paper and the copy always looks amazing. NOW on to the Ink. That is what I am not happy with. The ink didn't last very long and to replace the ink it cost just as much as it would if I bought a new printer. This printer also will not print unless all of the colors have ink in them. So when you run out of colored ink you still can't print in black and white until all of the ink has been replaced.

Its very easy to use, its not hard to load, its not hard to print, its not hard to set up. In fact my 6 year old figured out how to make his own copies from his coloring book. Its easy to change the ink also. The only thing I have a problem with when using it, is that if one of the ink runs out you have to replace it before you print anything. There is no way to even print in black and white if one of the colors are missing.

It has held up pretty good. My children play with it by making copies from coloring books, stuff they had done in school and even layed there toys on the scanner and copied them. They have thrown things and it has been hit, it has been knocked over and still keeps working. I dropped it once when I was moving the desk, it hit the hard wood floor and I thought for sure I had broken something in it but, I hooked it up and it still worked like it had never been dropped.

It sits right on my desk and isn't too big or too bulky for where I have it. Its not heavy, I can lift it up and move it around with no problems. Its basic black and not some crazy color. It looks good when sitting on my desk, looks like it was made to sit there. I have seen some other three in one copiers that were huge and bulky and way to heavy to move. I am very happy with the size of this one.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Great all-in-one printer

This printer really works great! I got it about 6 months ago and it has been working like a champ. I use it for work where I have to print high volume documents and receive hundreds of faxes a day. The printer always holds up and has never had any issues. The printer prints really high quality pictures as we have to print off quite a few x-rays to add to charts. I really like that I can do everything from one location. The faxing is a little slow especially for larger faxes but I guess you get that when you are not using an industrial fax machine. I would highly recommend this all in one printer combo for any home or office. I love the quality of print for both pictures and documents. It does print relatively fast which is nice for a smaller printer. This printer and fax machine gets a lot more use than most small printers do so I am very impressed with how well it has held up. It does go through ink a bit quickly but I think that is only due the the high volume we are using it for, otherwise I think it would be fine.

• Copy Quality:
  • Ink/Paper Use:

Choose another brand

from Albuquerque, NM

Simply put, HP has fallen behind in all-in-one printers. They still put out good quality copy, but if you buy one it's because you want other functions such as copying and scanning of multiple pages. On this printer, you have to choose between high resolution and auto document feed; on its competitors, you get both. If you use the auto feed to scan to computer it only works up to 300 dpi. If you scan to a memory stick you can go to 600 dpi for a black and white pdf. If you scan single pages on the plate you can get the much higher resolution claimed in the data sheet but the software chokes on large color files. Other brands allow document feeds to be scanned at the same resolution as the single sheet surface. The document feeder does a good (but not perfect) job of picking one page at a time and does double-sided scans. The 8600 also prints double sided copy. At least HP has gone to individual ink cartridges -- no more replacing a multi-color cartridge because one color is empty. In summary, this is not a dog, but it doesn't perform as well as the specifications claim except under limited conditions and it isn't up to the competition. If you can live with the limitations and find one on sale at half price, buy it; if not, get a different brand.

Great Value for the price!

from Valley Stream, NY

I love this printer! I own a bakery and lots of times I need to print out in color a picture for a client or for my decorators and this printer does it all. I also receive faxed orders and with this printer I have the option to save them digitally or to have them printed or even both! The ink last a substantial amount of time. I also love that this printer is networked also I can print from anywhere that I am in the bakery.