Other Laptops:

DESCENT COMPUTER

from Sparta, TN

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion dv6000z 15.4" Notebook Laptop PC (AMD Turion(TM) 64 X2 Duo Core TL-56 1.80GHz, 1GB RAM, ... (RD167AVR33):

I will first start off by saying that I'm a complete HP geek.  I really enjoy their products and feel like for the most part they are high quality.

This laptop in particular I have had very good success with.  I've had it about 2-3 years and the only real concern that I've noticed is that it seems like it overheats really easy.  Forget just laying on the bed and surfing the web with it just laying on the bed.  It gets SUPER hot and just shuts down.  Also, I just recently had an issue where the screen completely went black and would not come back on.  I turned it off and on multiple times, but nothing would make the screen come on even though everything else booted.  Then about a week later I decided to try again - it worked.  Go figure.  But other than those couple issues, it's been an amazing computer.  And after 3 years, what can you expect.  It's been dropped and made it through 2 kids... so maybe some user related issues that caused my problem.