Other Laptops:

Pros

Cons

HP for life

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion 16" dv6t Quad Edition - 2.0 GHz; 640GB HD; 6GB Memory (LM720AV1627515) PC Notebook:

I have had an HP laptop for the past thirteen years, (only three different ones) and I will never switch brands.

This was easy from the start. I was able to get everything set up and my software I purchased with the laptop was already loaded on there for me. Nice step by step set up walk through from the beginning.

Battery Life
This model has the best battery life of any of my HPs. It's not quite the 10 you get from a tablet, but I have yet to see a PC with as much juice. I work mine pretty hard too, in meetings, giving presentations. I get about 4 hours even with a projector hooked up to it. Without anything additional hooked in I get about 6.5 of hard working hours.

Support & Service
HP has the best support out there. There is an easy support button that is always right on your task bar you can click at any time. When you first set up your laptop, if you register all the details, they keep you updated the whole time on minor, major, and suggested actions to take to keep your laptop running at it's optimal speed. And if you don't like the walk-through, call the support number and ALWAYS get a human. I love it. I dropped "green juice smoothie" on my keyboard, and they had a replacement out to me in 2 days, no cost to me and no hassles when I called in the issue.

Speed/Performance
I have the quad core, so speed and performance are a given. A lot of times people mistake the speed of their machine for their internet speed, but I work in multiple locations, and my lappys performance is always running strong. I like to go head to head with other employees since our company buys Dell laptops for everyone in need. I am just lucky enough to have gotten to build my own.

Light-weight, even more so than the 15" HP I had previously and this dark oily copper color is slick as heck! I love the way it looks, and I really like the feel of the keys. Some people may not care about how the keys are set up, but it is very important to me. I find when I use the pop-back keys on a desktop now, I struggle with my speed in typing.

Since I work in multiple locations and use this at home, it literally gets packed up and unpacked every single day, thrown in the car and toted with me everywhere. Still running like a champ and still looks lovely.

A Competent, Effective Laptop for Home Use

This laptop comes equipped with fairly competent features that make running most programs and games quite easy (although I did upgrade the RAM and video card post-purchase). The programs HP installs on the machine are annoying but easily deactivated. It has held up fairly well (1 year) despite the somewhat cheap feeling of the plastic casing. I did have the factory RAM fail just after the 1-year warranty ending but it is a minor fix. Largely I have been satisfied with its performance and expect it to continue to last. In the end it is a suitable middle ground between a true gaming laptop and a budget laptop.

Great HP Laptop for Home Use/Student Use

from Campobello, SC

I love my new HP Pavillon 16" laptop. It is easy to maneuver and is very durable. The keys are comfortable. I love the mousepad although it did take a little time to get used to it. The screen size is perfect. I love the ease of enlarging or decreasing with the mousepad.

The laptop is very user friendly. It is Very functional and is just what we needed for our household

Battery Life
Great battery charge, the battery seems to last forever.

Support & Service
I have used the support online once and was very pleased with their customer service.

Speed/Performance
This laptop is fast and works great. It is just what we needed for home use.I I did not realize how slow our previous laptop was until I bought this one.

The design is sleek and functional. The only problem I have is the keys are loud ! I am still learning the many functions of this laptop.

Very durable, very functional and very well made. I hope to get many years use out of this laptop.

HP is a great brand

I love the HP brand and really only look at that brand when shopping for a computer/laptop. It is what I know and what I have seen as a high quality product. I use this computer for personal use and for school and it meets all my needs. I take this computer to its limits on space and usage and it sometimes slows down but overall can handle all my activities. These can cost a little bit more than other brands but I think that the quality makes it worth it.

This is just as easy to use as any other computer with Windows.

Battery Life
Up to an 8 hour battery. This reduces with time and usage.

Support & Service
The only downfall to HP is that their customer service is horrible. You have to be determined to get your services met and get what you deserve from your warranties. Also beware of charges for calls and services.

Speed/Performance
Get the highest processor as possible. I had an i3 once and it quickly became very slow and froze often.

I travel a lot with this computer and it takes on a lot of wear and tear without any obvious consequences.