Other Laptops:
Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop

Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop

Pros

• Lightweight (3)
  • Quality display (3)

• Video (3)
    • Speed/Performance:

Great Laptop...Way better than my last!!

We got this laptop to replace my old one which was falling apart (the keyboard buttons randomly started falling off!! it was a dell). We have had very few problems with this laptop. We got this laptop because it could be used with our desktop computer to run our media pc. We can record our tv shown and then watch then on this laptop, or hook the laptop up in our theater and watch it on our movie screen. It has been very nice for this purpose, worth the full purchase price for that feature along. We have also used it to store and sort all of our music and pictures. It is nice to finally have all of our music in one place. My husband also has some special architectural programs installed on it that our other laptop couldn't handle. He enjoys being able to have these programs on the laptop, it is very useful to him. It is always tricky to pick out the right computer or laptop, but we feel great about this choice and it has really served us well.

This laptop is very easy to use. I mainly use it for microsoft office stuff, internet/emails, etc. and don't really push it too hard, but it has been really nice. We did have a problem recently where it stopped recognizing our printer and wouldn't print wirelessly anymore. My husband reinstalled a few things and got it back to working again. It is nice to be able to print wirelessly from the laptop...very convenient.

Battery Life
The battery last a really long time. I'm actaully not even sure how long it lasts because I don't have to charge it that often. I am usually suprised if the batery life is suddenly low. Once I plug it in, it is fully charged very quickly. No complaints about the battery here! Our last laptop had an aweful battery, eventualy completely losing its ability to hold a charge. It was pretty much worthless!

Support & Service
So far we haven't had an trouble with the laptop requireing support or service, but we have worked with HP before when a part when out on our desktop computer. They were very easy to work with and mailed us the replacement part free of charge. It was a little nerve wracking though...if you don't get he old part them within a certain time frame they charge you for it. It was an expensive part, so I was worried that it might get lost or something. In the end everything worked out and the new part has worked perfectly. We did actually have some unusual things happen once or twice (now that I think about it) but we got everything working fine. My husband was working on the laptop and the screen suddenly went black. The battery power had been fine, and no warnings came up. He messed around with it for a while and finally had to take the battery out and put it back in to get the laptop working again. All the usual tricks were not working. We are still not sure what happened, but things have been working fine ever since. It was really wierd.

Speed/Performance
This laptop is the fastest we have ever had which is very nice. I think in general we are not very patient people, so having things load up so quickly is amazing. Very nice.

My husband is an architect, so everything we own has to look cool and be designed well. This laptop passed the test. It is very streemlined and sleek looking, and has no offensive looking features.

We haven't really put the durability to any extreme tests, but everything seems to be holding together nicely. There are no loose buttons or parts, and nothing has had to be replaced on the laptop. There are no dings or scratches on the laptop, it pretty much looks brand new still.

Do not buy this product, it does not last and freezes up a lot

I can't recommend an item that I would not buy again. The warranty goes and then the computer goes! My last computer lasted for 5 years and never needed servicing. When I got the Hewlett Packard, I gave the old laptop to my grandson to use and he still uses it to play his games on. It is working fine and I have now trashed the Hewlett Packard. That sucks and I am very very disappointed with the quality. I will never buy a Hewlett Packard product again.

Easy to use when it works. I cannot fault the ease of use. When it was working, it was easy to use and navigate with. The design was great and the looks fine.

Battery Life
The battery lasted as long as the laptop so I guess it was satisfactory; I just wish the computer had lasted as long as my last one (it is still going strong while the new one is now thrown away).

Support & Service
The support people did all they thought they could to help me but the computer just had too many problems.

The design is very good but you need it to work without freezing up and needing servicing.

Product did not last very long. It has many problems with freezing up and I had to take the battery out to get it to cut off on numerous occasions.

HP's dv6 is a classy-looking (though slightly bulky) laptop

from LA, CA

About Me Multimedia Professional

Pros

• Comfortable Keyboard
  • Fast
  • Lightweight
  • Quality Display
  • Quiet

• Business Use
    • Music
    • Web Browsing
    • Word Processing

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

he HP Pavilion dv6 is the company's workhorse consumer laptop, with a 15.6-inch LCD panel and a nearly full-size keyboard. When you first see the dv6, it seems thinner than it really is. The gently curved back surface of the LCD housing hides some of the bulk in the rear, which is thicker than the front of the laptop. In fact, the curves of the entire shell disguise the fact that this notebook is nearly 1.25 inches thick in places.
    Even so, at 5 pounds, 12 ounces without the power brick (and a pound heavier with it), the dv6's weight is quite reasonable. At just under $800 as tested (as of July 18, 2011), the dv6 offers an Intel Core i5-2410M Sandy Bridge dual-core CPU, 6GB of DDR3 memory, and a discrete Radeon HD 6490M graphics chip. Overall performance seems quite good , as the dv6 earned a solid score of 117 on WorldBench 6 and lasted nearly 5 hours on our battery-life test with the six-cell battery.

• Personal

Wonderful device

from alg

About Me Tech Savvy

Pros

• Fast
    • Lightweight
    • Long Battery Life
    • Powerful
    • Quality Display
    • Quiet

Cons

• Poorly Designed Keyboard

• Graphics
    • Music
    • Word Processing

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

Wonderful device so that in spite of the long duration and the large number of files are still two fast response to orders

• Business
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

I like the HP Laptops

from India

About Me Technically Challenged

Pros

• Comfortable Keyboard
    • Lightweight
    • Powerful
    • Quality Display

Cons

• Freezes Up

• Business Use
    • Web Browsing

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

I use this product to personal use.HP has gone all-in with unique laptop designs. In fact, the brand has the best notebook design of the year thus far in the angular, fire-stained HP Omen. The PC maker also isn't afraid to embrace color, releasing a virtual cornucopia of hues and tints, as evidenced by the Stream 13, Stream 11, Pavilion x360 and Chromebook 14.

• Personal
    • I am an employee or otherwise affiliated with the brand

Reliable Laptop

from Colorado Springs, CO

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

I have always loved the Hewlett Packard brand laptops that my husband and I have bought. This one is one that has been very reliable and a daily user. We do not have any home desktop computers, instead we each have our laptops, I have a Hewlett Packard netbook and we also have a couple tablets. Since we do not have a desk top the laptop must be able to perform just as well and this one does just that for me. I use it for everything from photo editing, sharing and posting to email, entering sweepstakes, general internet searches and much, much more. I am able to run multiple programs at one time and often do including the internet along with photo programs. It also has decent storage but I do back everything up and store most of my information and media on an external hard drive for safety. I have also had good customer experience when I emailed them about a possible replacement charger (my dog chewed through the wires of my original one).

I have dropped it on the hard tile floor a couple times and it has had no negative effect on usage of this device. Just a little scratch and dent on the corner.

Awesome PC!

from Chicago, IL

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

This is my personal laptop presently and I love it! I love the design and how easy this computer is to use.

I am a Mac user at heart, however, I enjoy using the PC laptop. It's extremely easy to use. The only thing I wish HP had were online tutorials.

Battery Life
    The battery life for this HP laptop is pretty good. I can use it, unplugged, for up to two hours before the battery dies. I would imagine that is pretty standard or common.

Support & Service
    The "help" section of the computer does pretty well with giving tips on how to work the computer works. I do wish HP offered online tutorials, however.

Speed/Performance
    The computer speed is pretty fast, however, certain downloads do slow it down. I would recommend being careful of downloading too much programs to the laptop.

This laptop has a very current design. The silver cover and silver keyboard is so in right now!

So far so good! I have had this computer for 2 years now and I have no complaints. It works pretty well to date. I travel with this computer a lot and it's still performing as well as the day I purchased it.

Hewlett Packard HP Pavillion DV6 Laptop

from Hermiston, OR

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

Buying the Hewlett Packard HP Pavillion DV6 Laptop was the best purchase I have ever made when it comes to laptops. It was very easy to set up and start using. I found it to be very durable. I have dropped my laptop several times, and it just keeps right on working. I live in the desert so dust is a huge part of my every day life. This laptop is not bothered by the dust. The keyboard is easy to keep clean by using a can of compressed air. The screen is easy to see.I can even use this laptop outside and not have any problems with glare. The keys are quiet to use. The only problems I have had is the short life of the battery and the cost to replace it. I also had the power cord stop working, but it was under warranty and the company happily replaced it free of charge. I did buy an additional cord to have on hand as a just in case. I love all the extra USB ports this laptop has. They are so handy to have for adding external components.

Great for it's Time

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

I picked up this laptop a few years ago, because I needed something for work and school. I had never owned a laptop before, so I wasn't sure what to go for. I decided to bite the bullet and purchase this one. For it's time, this was a fantastic model. It came with Vista (ouch), but had a lot of power for what I paid.
    Things I liked about it: Fast boot up, large screen, CD/DVD burner, Quick keys. Long battery life.
    Things I didn't like: Vista (although it could be changed), and no light up key board.
    Overall this is a solid unit. I actually still use this computer from time to time, and while the battery is pretty much dead, it works perfectly 4 years later.

Easy to use. Has a built in tutorial for any problems you may run into.

Battery Life
    The battery on my unit is now dead, but for three years it held a long charge. Of course it all depends on what you are using your computer for.

Support & Service
    Never had an issue with this model, so I didn't need support and service.

My personal favorite.

from Rome,GA

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

I have several laptops as well as desk top computers that I use for various reasons the HP Pavilion is the one I use most and like it the best. I use this unit for working on various graphics that I have to produce for my work. I like the large screen and fast processor. This unit came with Windows Vista, which did take a little time to become familiar with some of its functions compared to all my older units. I have several smaller laptops that I use mostly for word processing and other writing based tasks but I always come back to the HP for my graphics and drawings. I have found no major problems with this unit. I can think of only one change I would make if possible, I would prefer the laptop had been much lighter. For all of it's pleasing characteristics the weight of the unit leaves much to be desired. The machine performs much better, faster and cleaner than all the laptops I own. It is built with the AMD Dual core 64 bit chip which seems to be a very good processor. I don't know a lot about the internals of the unit but I do know it is a very nice laptop computer and I have used a lot of them and thus far this one has reigned supreme in my home. The battery life isn't very good but I leave it plugged in almost constantly anyway so it hasn't been a problem. I would recommend the HP Pavilion to anyone in need of a great laptop.

My favorite by far.

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

I've owed about five Notebooks this is by far my favorite.

Its common sense to me.

Battery Life
    It have better battery life, but more than enough to get work done.

Support & Service
    HP gives me the fastest respond times.

Speed/Performance
    Has not crashed on me once.

Seen better designs. Size is small but heavy.

Very durable.

wonderful

Comments about Hewlett Packard HP Pavilion DV6 Laptop:

We are a HP family. Ive bought 3 laptops and all are HP. 2 of them are Pavilions and HP 320 gig notebook and they have been wonderful. The graphics are beautiful so if your into gaming or creating art the HP Pavilion is the way to go. My Pavilion is 7 years old now and I have had no problems out of this laptop and any that did occur I was able to fix myself. I chose to keep my recovery in my system so its so easy to blow out and recover software if a problem arises. Its got 500 gigabyte hard drive so plenty of space to create and store work. The web cam is wonderful clear pictures that allow you to have fun and be creative while talking to friends and family online. My other Pavilion is not even a year old yet and my son has made that laptop his online gaming machine. He tells me hes not going back to the game console he can do it all on his HP Pavilion and Windows 8 he likes a lot too. Im happy with the Windows 7 format myself. HP makes a great computer and Im very happy with my laptops and remain a loyal customer in years to come.

Battery Life
    I kept my laptop plugged in, now my battery wont hold charge unless its plugged in.

Support & Service
    I got no help trying to use hp support and service it made me think about your product in neg way