Other Snacks & Cookies:

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar

Not as good as Dove

from Utah

Comments about Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar:

I used to always like milk chocolate better than dark chocolate, but in the last few years dark chocolate has started to grow on me. I was first introduced to Dove dark chocolate, and then to Hershey's as well. I like both, and I will eat both if I have the opportunity, but I like the taste of Dove's better overall. Hershey's has a little bit more of a bland flavor that is also slightly odd tasting. If I'm in the mood for dark chocolate and it is all that is available, then I will definitely take it. But I'd still rather have Dove. Hershey's also gives me a slight feeling in the back of my mouth and in my nose. I am pretty sure I am not allergic to it, but it feels almost like I need to sneeze from allergies. This isn't a major problem, but it is somewhat irritating, and it makes eating them slightly less enjoyable. But overall, the 1.45 oz bar is good for a snack size and special treat without eating too much at once.

A dark chocolate bar made by Hershey's.

Comments about Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar:

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar is sinfully delicious. If you like dark chocolate then Hershey's Special is the way to go. It's bitter enough to balance the sweetness of the chocolate without being too overwhelming. I love that dark chocolate is so much better for you than milk chocolate and still tastes so good.

Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate....mmmmmm

from Oakhurst, CA

Comments about Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar:

While staying on the South Beach Diet, my husband and I enjoy dark chocolate every few days. We've tried a number of brands, but Hershey's Special Dark is, hands down, our favorite. It is rich and creamy without the bitterness found in so many dark chocolates. The texture is creamier than Ghiradelli's and the price is definitely right! We are able to purchase it from a large number of retailers across the country. We get to feel like we're 'cheating', but still enjoy the healthy benefits that so many physicians recommend (including Dr. Agatston, the cardiologist who created the South Beach Diet program). We can serve Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate to our friends and family with confidence!

a choco-lovers dream

from Las Vegas, NV

Comments about Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar:

i love to bake and my favorite chocolate to use is hersheys special dark chocolate.  it comes in a bar and in chips which is great, but the best thing about it is the taste of course.  and you cant beat the price.  i used to use ghirardelli brand because at the time it was the only brand i could find with really good dark chocolate, but it is definitely pricier.  when i found hersheys dark chocolate, i never went back.  the chips are great for melting to use in sauces and dipping.  they are also a great addition to any cookie, bar, etc.  i use the bars for chocolate curls and for when i just need a square to curb my sweet tooth.

So Delectable - And Maybe Even Good For You !

from San Leandro, CA

Comments about Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Bar:

This is melt in your mouth good quality chocolate !  Great taste and always a good price ! Boosts your energy and soothes your soul !  Need a break ?  Break off a few squares of this and savor the flavor !