Other Snacks & Cookies:
Hershey's
Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates

Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates

Hershey's Bliss Chocolates

I'm a total chocoholic. I eat all forms of chocolate including dark, milk, white and I wouldn't turn down baking chocolate either! Having said that I'm a fan of all chocolate, Hershey's Bliss is certainly doable, but it's not right up there with other well known varieties. Each Bliss is individually wrapped in colored foil which leads you to believe it will be luxurious and expensive. The little squares give a snap when you bite into the hard, dark chocolate covered candy and on the inside is smooth, gooey caramel. It is very sweet in my opinion and whilst I am a chocoholic, feel that the milk chocolate version is a better matching duo. I feel if it is sweet on the inside, it needs a perfect pairing of less sweet on the outside. But that's just me. Hershey's is a super brand of chocolate generally speaking, however this product is, I think, a little overpriced and under special. All things considered, if I had a high value coupon and there happen to be a sale, I would still buy them!

A different Hershey's, not necessarily a better one...

Hershey's new "Bliss" is something less than bliss and not as good as the "Kiss".My mother got me hooked on Hershey's Kisses some 40 years ago.  Some of my fondest memories are of her sitting at the kitchen table with a glass of Coke and a handful of Hershey's Kisses splayed in front of her while she was reading a book or talking on the phone.I grew up in a chocolate world.  I'm not complaining, but my waistline does from time to time.  I've had a love affair with the Hershey's Kiss for a long, long time.  Milk Chocolate has always been synonymous with the Hershey name in my book.Well, apparently the folks at The Hershey Company feel thats not quite enough.  Thinking they could do better than the Kiss, they launched a new line of their famous bagged candy and called it "Bliss".  Me, I wouldn't call it "Bliss", but maybe, "Just Awrite for me, dawg"Hershey's describes their new snack at "smooth and creamy milk chocolate", and I think they mean for it to compete with the Dove line of chocolates.  It does have the creamy texture of the Dove and, of course, it IS Hershey's so you know it ain't no crap.  However, their slogan, "Bliss is everywhere, you just have to unwrap it" may be a little over-the-top, unless of course they simply mean its sold everywhere.  Then, they pretty much nailed it."Bliss" comes in 3 varieties, milk chocolate, milk chocolate with a melt-away center, and dark chocolate.  I've experienced only the milk chocolate variety, so I'm not sure what the "melt-away center" is.  As long as its not sludge, you are probably OK.The packaging is similar to the Kiss, but multi-colored and seemingly going for an "elegant" look.  Each piece is a small foil wrapped square and Hershey's say a **serving equals 6 of these**.  I don't know about you, but 6 small pieces of any kind of chocolate isn't really a "serving", but just enough to make me mad!Anyway, this 6 piece "serving", contains the following **nutritional values**:**Total fat  14g (NO trans fat)Cholesterol 5 mgSodium 40mgTotal Carbohydrate 24g  Dietary Fiber 1g  Sugars 22gProtein 3 gAnd virtually no vitamins and minerals.**The folks at Hershey's say, "Only Hershey's can indulge your chocolate passion with something that's simply bliss!".  I say they already did that and its called the "Hershey's Kiss".  While its true this "Bliss" is smooth, creamy and melts in your mouth, it really can't equal the full rich milk chocolate flavor of their Kiss.**BOTTOM LINE:**So, if you want chocolate that goes down easy, is sweet and you like yours creamy, the "Bliss" might just be right up your alley.  Or you can eat Dove Chocolate, they both taste about the same.  I think Hershey's intended for this to be somehing "better".  It's not better, just different.  Make no mistake, I ate the whole bag (not at once), but I'm likely to stick with the "Kiss" in the future.

Hershey's Bliss Chocolates

Better than regular hersheys

Comments about Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates:

I think that Hershey's bliss is better than their normal chocolate but still not as good as some other brands such as Dove. It is definitely creamier and has a less processed taste than a regular hershey's bar, but for a similar price you can still probably get better quality chocolate. They do melt in your mouth nicely and have good flavor.

Really nice 'grain free' chocolate

Comments about Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates:

These are very smooth chocolate and what makes them even better is that Hershey's made them without any grains (i.e. no corn syrup, etc.), which is especially important for those who can't (or don't want to) eat grains. They have some nice flavors in addition to the plain as well.

I did not experience Bliss

Comments about Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates:

While this chocolate snack is delicious and a nice chocolate break, it does not provide anything special and does not deserve the price tag that comes along with it. Chocolate candies are expensive all across the board, but this one is particularly expensive and does not offer the "bang" for the buck.

not bad

Comments about Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates:

Hersey's Bliss chocolates aren't bad. They're not that special, but they do taste good. The chocolate is similar in flavor to Hersey's "Nuggets" chocolate, but has a somewhat smoother and creamier consistency. If I'm going to splurge and spend a little more than regular Hersey's chocolate though, to be honest, I'd rather buy Cadbury or a Symphony bar.

Not my first chocolate choice

Comments about Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates:

They are pretty good and do beat the Hershey kiss. They are creamier and a little less sweet. However, they are kind of a rip-off of Dove chocolate, but not as good as the Dove chocolates. They are good and I wouldn't turn them down if offered, but I'd rather spend my chocolate money on something else if I have the choice.

What a Bliss

from Rocky Mount, NC

Comments about Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates:

I looked up the word Bliss and it certainly does fit this candy. Bliss means: A state of profound satisfaction,happiness and joy,a constant state of mind undisturbed by gain or loss. This is the perfect way to discribe what this candy does to the consumer.

Hersheys Bliss is a rich, creamy, and smooth chocolate.It is absolutely delicious, but then again I am a chocoholic. Each piece is rectangular in shape and individually wrapped.I have to put them away and tell myself to quit eating them because they are so good. I could definitely eat too many in one sitting. That would not be very good. Six pieces of this candy has 210 calories and 120 calories from fat. Now I hope I didn't ruin it for you.I can't stand it when someone analizes what I am eating.

This Blissful candy comes in Milk Chocolate, Dark Chocolate, White Chocolate Melt Away, and Creme de Menthe. So you have a choice.I have only tried the Milk Chocolate and I love it!

This is the best chocolate ever!!!

from Sachse, TX

Comments about Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates:

I love, love, love this new chocolate by Hershey's. They have a few different varieties to choose from and each variety comes as individually wrapped foil squares in flavor-specific bags. I like that I can just choose to eat one or two so that I don't over-indulge.

I love the colors of the foil they are wrapped in. They look nice sitting in the bowl on the counter.

The taste is wonderful! I was hesitant about trying it, but now I am hooked. I can't go throught the checkout line without getting one. The meltaway center has a kindof strange texture but they are very chocolaty and hard to put down.

The downside - my kids love them too! Meaning that I can't count on one being in the bowl when I am ready to have one. My husband is not a big chocolate eater but I have seen him stealing one or two of these so I am guessing that they must taste pretty good to him too!

If you were thinking about trying it, go grab one. I know you will love them.

Hershey's Bliss White Chocolate is Fabulous!

from Christiansburg, VA

Comments about Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates:

I am deathly allergic to cocoa and finding a really good white chocolate product is not easy. Hershey's Bliss White Chocolate is the answer to all my white chocolate prayers. It is rich and creamy, in individually wrapped servings, reasonably priced. I love it! Thank you, Hershey, for thinking about those of us who can't or don't eat chocolate and giving us the wonderful gift of Hershey's Bliss White Chocolate!

The Hershey's Bliss dark chocolate is the best out there!

from Aliquippa, PA

Comments about Hershey's - Bliss Chocolates:

I LOVE dark chocolate and have tried many, many varieties and this is by far the best tasting and it still melts in your mouth (some dark chocolates are chalky...but not this one). I also love the little portions and I allow myself 4 of them a day! I am not sure what the cacao ratio is but I don't even care. I know there are antioxidants in it and it is my little pleasure each day. So much better then the other varieties out there.