4.8
Hershey
Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup

Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup

4.8

Hershey's Syrup makes "moo juice" chocolatey good!

For as long as I can remember, I have always consumed my "moo juice" with some sort of flavoring; in my now nearly-forgotten years living in Bogota, Colombia I had to have Nestle's Milo chocolate powder, while ever since we moved back to the U.S. in 1972 I've alternated between Nestle's Quik (both chocolate *and* strawberry), Carnation Instant Breakfast, and both Hershey's powdered chocolate mix and **Hershey's Syrup Genuine Chocolate Flavor**. Although Hershey's Syrup has come a long way ever since the company introduced it for home consumption in 1928 and many new flavors now exist (Dulce de Leche, anyone?), I didn't start using it until I was in college and discovered that it was no longer sold just in cans but also in plastic bottles that are easy to open/use/store. The only flavor of Hershey's Syrup that I've used is the chocolate one; there are (as I said earlier) other flavors, including Strawberry, Whoppers Chocolate Malt, Special Dark, and several health-oriented variants on the chocolate version, but I stick to the original **Genuine Chocolate** variety. **How to Use:** To turn plain milk into delicious chocolate milk, all you need is: 1 8-oz glass of milk 2 tablespoons of Hershey's Syrup Carefully measure two tablespoons' worth of Hershey's Syrup into a glass of cold white milk, then stir until the milk is a nice chocolate-brown color. Drink and enjoy! Conversely, you can heat a mug's worth of plain milk in the microwave, then put two tablespoons' worth of Hershey's Syrup in it and stir. Presto, you have hot chocolate in less than a minute. You  can also use this as a topping on ice cream, particularly vanilla ice cream. **Taste:** Of course, every chocolate syrup out there is different: Bosco, for instance, is a bit sweeter and a bit acidic in taste in comparison to Hershey's Syrup, which is why I don't switch brands. I stick to Hershey's because, when I get the proportions right (I don't always), it tastes sweet without being cloyingly so, and there's no bitter aftertaste. **My Viewpoint:** Although much of the nutritional value of chocolate milk usually comes from the moo juice and not the flavoring, since 2004 Hershey's has made a few tweaks to its Syrup line. The original version *doesn't* have any additional vitamins or minerals, but its Chocolate Syrup with Calcium looks appealing. Not just for the taste aspects of it, but for consumers (especially parents) who are looking for more nutritious milk flavorings. *(For more information regarding Hershey's Syrup, including other products and the new, more nutritious versions, please visit http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/syrup.asp?id=000000004947-000000004947)*

This stuff tastes like acidic liquid satanism

Chocolate syrup is kind of extremely gross, especially hershey's. I absolutely love chocolate, but I think this syrup is way too concentrated and it is absolutely overpowering. It also tastes extremely artificial. I can taste all the preservatives in it and it tastes like such a low quality product. There are way better options out there as far as making chocolate milk or topping ice cream goes.

favorite chocolate syrup

from Utah

Comments about Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup:

I grew up adding Hershey's chocolate syrup to ice cream, milkshakes, and milk, and it is still easily my favorite syrup. It is more expensive than an off-brand such as Great Value, but this is something that I believe is worth paying more money to buy. Unless we're tight on money for a month, I choose Hershey's. It adds a rich and full chocolate flavor to food as opposed to off brands that are a little more watery and not as good tasting. It also does not have the granular texture that characterizes some other chocolate syrups. The bottles are a good size, and they can last for a couple months in the fridge after opening if it takes us awhile to get through them, I have never had one of these bottles go bad, even if we finished it up a little bit after the expiration date. I have also tried adding them to cakes that call for syrup to add moisture, but I do not like that so much.but I think it's more the design of the cake than the Hershey flavor I a cake that I do not like.

Liquid Chocolate-Oh yeah!

Comments about Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup:

I grew up drinking chocolate milk from the dairy, we had it delivered, but as an adult and mother I know how expensive that can be. Hershey's chocolate syrup is the next best thing. This syrup is so wonderful and versatile and although a little pricey, totally worth the money. My kids love chocolate milk from the corner store, but that gets to be expensive after a while, and they really don't like white milk, so I introduced them to Hershey's. After just a few tries they are hooked. I put the syrup in the cup first then add cold milk and stir really well. You should stir until there is not a trace of the syrup in the bottom of the glass. Then drink up! It always tastes great, but don't put too much in or it will overwhelm the milk. This syrup can also be used on top of ice cream, or added to brownie batters, or even drizzled on some cakes. Let your imagination go wild, and enjoy the rich taste of Hershey's syrup today!!

This is one good chocolate syrup!

from Puyallup, WA

Comments about Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup:

I was surprised that I liked this because I really don't care for plain Hershey chocolate bars. For some reason the Hershey's chocolate syrup tastes way better. This goes great on so many things. We use it to make chocolate milk, on top of or in desserts, in coffee, on ice cream and I know my husband sneaks squirts of it in his mouth from time to time. The Hershey's chocolate syrup has a good sized bottle and you can usually find it at a pretty decent price. We've tried chocolate syrups that were a little bit cheaper and they weren't nearly as good. I would say that this is definitely one of the best, if not the best in chocolate syrups out there. This syrup comes out of the bottle well and goes onto stuff smoothly. It is easy to control if you want a little or a lot and it has a top that clicks up and down and seals well. I would recommend this chocolate syrup! It's a family favorite!

What's not to love?

Comments about Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup:

I am a true chocolate lover, so I am very particular about any chocolate product. Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup is an excellent product. It is my family's favorite that we keep on hand all the time. In fact, it is the only brand of chocolate syrup that we ever buy. I did try a store brand chocolate syrup once, but it just was not as good as Hershey's chocolate syrup. Hershey's syrup truly tastes genuine and is a perfect chocolate flavor that is not too rich. The easy dispensing bottle lasts us a long time and keeps very well in the refrigerator. It may be the same chocolate formula of the original Hershey's syrup that came in a can, but the plastic bottle helps keep the chocolate fresher longer and makes it easier to pour even after it has been in the refrigerator for a while. I just feel that one can not go wrong with the Hershey's brand products for a genuine chocolate taste.

Great topping for everything.

Comments about Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup:

Hershey's chocolate syrup is fat free so I don't have the guilt when adding it to a lot of my desserts. There are one hundred calories per serving, but the sugar content is pretty excessive, but it still tastes wonderful. It tastes great on or in desserts and it is really good for chocolate milk. The easy squeeze bottle makes it easy to get the last drop of the delicious smooth chocolate syrup. We keep a few bottles in the pantry so we don't run the risk of running out.

Love Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup!

Comments about Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup:

Purchasing Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup is like purchasing happiness in a bottle to me. I love it and so do my children. Actually, the only way my kids will drink milk is if Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup is mixed in with it and turn it into chocolate milk. I know it has a lot of sugar and may not be so healthy for them, but that is the only way they will drink milk and I do not let them drink more than 1 cup a day.
My family and I enjoy eating Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup with ice cream and fruits, and we mix it in with milk and make smoothies with it as well. We also use it to decorate our cakes with. We just love it and love the taste so much that we want to put it on everything we eat or even drink. It is so creamy and pours out so smooth, we can't help ourselves but love it. It is the perfect topping or garnish for any dessert. It makes them look and taste delicious as well.

Great for a lot of things

Comments about Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup:

This chocolate syrup can be used for so many things. I use it for chocolate milk, in my coffee and on top of ice cream and desserts. The taste is great, so I always have it in my house. However, I recently tried a cheaper brand and it tastes exactly the same. Hershey's is a great brand, but unless this gets a bit cheaper, I will probably not buy it anymore.

My favorite chocolate syrup for 50 years

from Phoenix, AZ

Comments about Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup:

This has been my favorite chocolate syrup all my life because it has made dessert time special. This is because not only is the quality good since it has a smooth and rich thick texture and has just enough sweetness, it also is a versatile product that can go as well on ice cream and milk shakes as it can in hot treats such as hot chocolate, coffee, and tea.

Love this stuff.

Comments about Hershey Genuine Chocolate Flavor Syrup:

I hate milk, but I will go crazy on some chocolate milk make from this stuff. Its so good! It is also great to use when making a cafe mocha, believe it or not! it is so smooth and chocolatey, and they way the bottle is designed it doesnt make a mess. I have this stuff around all the time.

This stuff tastes like acidic liquid satanism