4.1
Other Hair Sprays:
Herbal Essences

4.1

Touchable even directly after spraying.

The Herbal Essences Set Me Up Hair Spray in Max Hold is not typically what I think of as max hold because my hair still has movement after spraying. When I think of max hold, I generally think of a hair spray that glues every piece of hair into a stiff structure. This Herbal Essences spray has a lot of ooomph without gluing everything down!

Set Me Up Hair Spray earns its first star for the scent. In Cactus Flower and Bamboo, it's absolutely wonderful!

It earns its second star for allowing me to spray exactly where I need it. It doesn't clog and sprays just the right amount.

It earns its third star because of the price and convenience. This hairspray is available at most grocery stores and drug stores and frequently goes on sale. There are also frequently coupons available on Herbal Essences products.

It earns its fourth star because I can spray my hair, including my bangs, touch them and reposition after just spraying, and it won't turn them greasy or hard or weigh my hair down.

It earns it fifth star because I can also use my straight iron after spraying and again, my hair feels like hair! It doesn't make it stiff, greasy, crunchy or frizzy when handling after spraying.

I like hair that still moves after spraying. I like my hair to smell good, be touchable, and allow me to work with it after spraying. This hair spray accomplishes all of my hair spray needs!

max hold?? Not so fast, herbal essences.

From the website: let my max hold hair spray set you up with a lush finish from my maximum strength formula fused with cactus flower & bamboo. i'm powerful and strong so i can hold your style with luscious shine, maybe even through a tornado.

The only way that this hairspray can hold up a style through a tornado, or even for a full day, would be if you used the whole can of it at once.  I have used this hairspray many times and am normally disappointed.  The smell is okay...not too strong, not too weak...but it is an aerosol--so there will always been that kind of smell to it.  I have read other reviews and some complain about a flaking with this spray, but I have not noticed any of that.  I also have not noticed a touch of added shine. This hairspray is a bit of a let-down.

*Final thoughts:* I only trust this hairspray when I wear my hair up for work...and thats when I only need a little bit of a hold---just to keep some flyaways down and a touch more control with my style.  Don't count on this to hold any style in place.

Smells wonderful and holds great

from Texas

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

I have always loved Herbal Essences hairspray and have been using it since my teenage years. I usually switch between hairspray brands depending on what's on sale and what I have a coupon for. I am always looking for sales and coupons for Herbal Essences because it's one of my favorites. My absolute favorite thing is the wonderful scent. Using Herbal Essences products especially Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray makes my hair smell wonderfully sweet, without being to strong. In addition to smelling great this hairspray does a good job at holding my hair in the style I want without making it hard, clumpy, sticky or flaky. My hair is naturally curly and wavy and I find that if I want to leave it in it's natural state this hairspray helps to tame the frizz and also adds a little bit of volume to my hair. In addition when I want to wear my hair up it's great at keeping the fly away hairs in place and out of my face. Overall a great hairspray that I would highly recommend to anyone who wants their hair to be held in place while smelling great.

from Shelby, NC

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray is a hairspray that I recommend quite highly. It doesn't go n clumpy and weird. It is simply not sticky at all. If I make a mistake in styling, or if the hair falls, I can restyle the hair with my fingers without the problems of making the hair wet or stiff looking. The hairspray really works. It holds very well. I don't have to worry that it won't hold all day, either. This hairspray definitely works. The cost of it is very inexpensive, but I have to say that I have had trouble in the past finding it in the stores. However, if you do want to try this hairspray, which I do recommend, you might want to order it from the Internet. I have had no trouble or problems in doing that, and there are many sites that offer free shipping. The hairspray is from Herbal Essences, so you do know that it will be great. I have used this hairspray for a while now, and I do find that I am loving it more and more.

love it

from Salt Lake City, UT

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

I LOVE this hairspray!!!! I dont usually hairspray on a normal basis so when I do I want it to be great! I havent been able to find a truly great hairspray that i want to buy over and over and over again. but finally i have found one that i can be proud of! This hairspray has a great hold without being clumpy or messed up or gross feeling in my hands. it does not leave my hands sticky or make me feel like i automatically need to wash them. It also doesnt leave speckles and gross markings on the furniture around where i have sprayed it! It keeps my hair held up like that all day long and i dont have to worry about constantly looking in a mirror. i would definitely recommend this hairsrpray to my friends and family!

Love this Hairspray

from Mount Enterprise, TX

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

This Hairspray is by far my favorite hairspray of all time. I love the smell of this hairspray most of all. Anytime you are wearing this hairspray and get a hug you will probably get comments of wow you smell so good. Herbal Essences Hairspray holds extremely well. I had to switch back to it after trying a cheaper brand and realizing it just didn't come close to Herbal Essences. I use it on my own hair of course but my husband uses it as well and it is also his favorite. We recently started using it on our two year old son and found that it worked equally well with him. That is saying a lot for a baby who isn't even two yet. He also likes to play with his hair and at the end of the day it still looks great. I love this product.

Holds Hair in Place All Day

from Southaven, MS

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

When this product says Extra Hold, that is exactly what it does. Once I spray my hair with this HairSpray, it does not move which is what I want. I am not a hair stylist by any means so when my hair is the way I want it, I am quickly getting this hairspray out of the cabinet and spraying gently at first. This really does hold hair in place, so spray slighly first. Take another look, see if everything is still in place and spray again. It really does not take a lot of hairspray. One can seems to last me about two months. A little hairspray goes a long way. It doesn't make my hair sticky or stiff, it just stays in place which is what I like about this hairspray. I will continue to use this product.

I use this whenever I style my hair

from Saint Paul, MN

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

Herbal Essence Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray is what I use every time I style my hair. It has a great scent and it lasts throughout the day; in fact, I often get compliments on how good it smells. It has great hold no matter what style I do my hair and it is not sticky or stiff. It gives my hair lift and volume without making it unmanageable or hard to comb through later on. It also makes my hair look fluffy. It does what some expensive hair sprays do and it is actually very cheap, especially when it is on sale! Believe me, I know. I love clearance shopping and finding great deals. But this hair spray is a great value. It even holds up pretty well in light rain and humidity. The elements and weather, as long as they are not extreme, will have no affect on your hairstyle if you use enough of this product. I have never had any side effects from it either, like flakes or spots. I really like this hair spray!

Herbal Essence Spit

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

This hairspray does have a lot of hold, but it makes your hair a helmet, rather than just holding it in place. It also looks like white spittle once it lands on your hair. When it dries, the white specks aren't too obvious, but I still prefer smoother hairsprays.

Herbal Essences Set Me Up hairspray holds strong

from Whittier, CA

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold hairspray is hands down one of my favorite hairsprays ever. Not only does it come in a very attractive container, it also smells great, is very affordable and it does it's job well.

I love to go for a natural look when styling my hair and this hairspray is perfect for that. It holds it's place and keeps your style looking great for hours. I love how it doesn't give you that fake super hard look and feel. This hairspray allows your hair to flow naturally and still keep the style looking fresh as if you just styled it minutes before.

One huge plus about this hairspray is that it does not flake or leave nasty, gunky residue in your hair after you've used it. I never have to worry about hairspray flakes after a few hours of having applied this hairspray.

Like many other Herbal Essence products, this product is extremely affordable and definitely worth the money. There are often coupons in the Sunday paper to make it even a better find.

Great for keeping hair where it needs to be

from Mchenry, IL

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

I own all of the "set me up" hair care products. They are great for keeping hair where it needs to be. I have two daughters that are both on competition cheer/pom squads. During competitions, their hair needs to be PERFECT. No stragglers, no lumps, no bumps. But, at the same time judges want their hair to look clean, healthy and taken care of. That is hard to do with some of the other styling products on the market. The "glues" will make their hair look dull, and in some cases won't "disappear" in their hair. Mousse just doesn't seem to give us the hold we need, and hairspray alone doesn't do it either. The "set me up" group of products is awesome! The gel we use to start, and the hairspray to finish up. They last for a very long time. We were at competition last week from 7am to 10pm and when I took out the ponytails and bobbypins their hair was still in an upright position! I carry extra bottles of both the hairspray and the gel to all competitions with us, and recommend them to everyone!!

Smells great, does the job!

from Hanover, PA

Comments about Herbal Essences Set Me Up Extra Hold Hairspray:

This Herbal Essences hair spray is a good place to start if you're tired of cheap hairspray that smells like alcohol. This hair spray is almost as inexpensive as those cheap bad-quality ones, and yet it works great and it smells soo good. Herbal Essences Set Me Up meets high expectations and holds the hair real well. Also a huge plus to using this hairspray is that it does a really great job at eliminating frizz.

If you pair this with Herbal Essences leave-in Creme and a good shampoo, your cronic frizz days are over! Use Herbal Essences to pamper your hair, and it will in turn thank you!

This hairspray is real handy as it has air pressure to help you out. It's much easier to apply and use than other hairsprays that have a pump to spray. It's a little easier to get a well-spread spray this way, getting less on your hair, and yet because it's max hold, it still does a good job. It's a great way to get a light-looking hold that works!