Other Body Lotions:

Hempz Herbal Moisturizer

Pros

Cons

Tanning bed relief!

It is not tanning weather-really. It is still Winter. I should not have listened to my best friend when she asked if I wanted to go tanning with her. I should have listened to my inner voice saying NOOOOOO! Regardless, I went. And the beds had new bulbs. I am burned. GREAT! I am a BIG dummy. I didn't want to tan this year or EVER again. I was going to use self tanning lotions instead to save my skin. Oh well.

Thank goodness my friend had a big bottle of **Hempz Herbal Body Moisturizer to** save my poor aching skin. Wow.

**Hempz** is awesome. I love it. I am defintely sold on this moisturizer for my body. It is 100% pure and organic Hemp seed but THC drug free. Gluten and Vegan free. Paraben free, has Vitamins A, E and C to help, protect and condition the skin, shea butter (I love that) and ginseng to calm and soothe the skin and oooh boy did it soothe my skin. My skin was sooo burned and bright red. But two applications made it feel so much better. Not having alcohols burning my skin was a good thing, you cannot have that with a sunburn. I learned my lesson but glad I learned about a wonderful new lotion and product. I do not have to be burned or have poor or ailing skin to use **Hempz. **Sweet!****

The fragrance is floral/banana. I really like it. Light and fresh. Not overpowering or annoying.

I order it online but did find Sallys Beauty has some of the line.

**Ingredients**: *Water (Aqua), Propylene Glycol, Isopropyl Palmitate, Stearic Acid, Sorbitan Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit (Shea Butter), Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Triethanolamine, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract, Ginseng Extract, Glycerin, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Extract, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Dimethicone, Polysorbate 40, Cannabis Sativa Seed Extract (Hemp), Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil (Hemp), Disodium EDTA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Carbomer, Nylon 12, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Titanium Dioxide, Fragrance (Parfum)*

****

Incredibly disappointing product

I've heard a million good things about hemp products and how great they are for your skin so like a fool I bought into the hype and bought myself a bottle of the Hempz Herbal Moisturizer. I ended up tossing it out because I hated it and I couldn't get anyone else to take it either.

I know better than to take things out of the store before smelling them but must have forgot when I got this lotion because the first time I tried it I about gagged on the smell. It's very powerful, sickeningly sweet, and lasts way too long. I had to actually take another shower to get it off my body because it was giving me the worst kind of headache. I don't know who would possibly like this smell.

Absorption
I rubbed and rubbed trying to get it to absorb in hopes that it would lessen the smell but it just seemed to sit on top of my skin.

I wasn't able to really give it a fair shake as far as effectiveness goes because of how repulsive I found the scent, but in the hours I had it on It didn't seem to do much for my skin.

Hempz is great!

from Kansas

Comments about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer:

When I first saw this product I was caught off guard. "Why is there a pot leaf on this bottle...?" That's what initially made me pick it up and look at it, simple curiosity. The product was a little more expensive compared to what I normally pay but I'm a sucker for lotions because I have dry sensitive skin and am always looking for something to help it. I'm really glad I bought this lotion. It goes on really lightly. Since it went on so lightly I assumed it was not going to be a good product but it actually kept my skin hydrated. Sometimes I have to reapply lotions but this one lasted all day. I even started using it on my face [I know I know!] and it worked great and didn't bother my rosacea. The smell of it is a little different but you get used to it and it's not necessarily bad. Overall, I would definitely recommend the Hempz Herbal Moisturizer, especially if you have really dry skin like me!

I Adore this Moisturizer

Comments about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer:

I used this moisturizer every day when I was in to tanning in booths and outdoors by the pool. This moisturizer smells so good that you just want to keep putting it on your skin. It feels so good and cooling. My skin stayed so moisturized when I used this product. My skin felt like it took a drink of water and then wrapped itself in silk. If I stayed too long in the tanning bed and my skin was a little pink, I would put an extra layer of this moisturizer on my skin at night and I would wake up without any pinkness to my skin. My skin is sensitive to fragrance and a lot of lotions. However, this lotion never made my skin itchy or bothered my sensitive skin. I also never felt greasy or sticky with this lotion either. My husband has really dry skin and he would share my bottle. He liked it as well. He said it made his itchy dry skin feel so good. The bottle is a little pricey compared to other over the counter moisturizers but it is well worth it. I no longer tan so I don't need extreme moisture any longer. However, I do recommend this moisturizer to anyone that tans or has really dry skin.

Hempz

Comments about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer:

I have been using Hempz moisturizer for over a month now. I try and use it twice it a day for optimal moisturization. I was looking for a moisturizer that would help my skin in these cold winter months since i have eczema and tend to get dry skin very easily. Since I have been using it, I have seen a huge improvement in my skin. It has never felt softer or more moisturized and soothed. I always use it after I get a shower in the morning and before I go to bed at night. I love the smell of it too, even though some people may not be too fond of it. It comes in a variety of scents that are all wonderful. I have also used the body scrub in the shower along with this moisturizer but I feel the moisturizer is good enough to use on its own. I doubt will go back to any other brands that I have used in the past because I have fallen in love with this one! I have also recommended this product to all my family and friends so they can discover how great of a product it is!

• Absorption:

A good moisturizer, but a little expensive for my taste.

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer:

I purchased this moisturizer at the Sally Beauty Supply. It was a little more expensive that I expected it to be, but I purchased it anyway. Hempz Herbal Moisturizer has a nice scent that is not overpowering and I like how it smelled on my skin. I usually used when my hands felt dry or on my lower legs after I shaved. This moisturizer absorbs well and does not feel as though it is heavy or just sitting on the surface of my skin after I use it. My gripe is that Hempz did not really moisturize my skin as well I would have wanted (especially for how much it cost). My skin still felt a little dry and it was back to being very dry within a couple of hours. This is not a moisturizer that I have ever purchased again and I do not think I ever well. I do not recommend spending the money on this product. It is not worth what it costs.

The scent was the best part of this product. I liked how it stayed with my skin after I rubbed the lotion in. It was not a heavy scent that invaded my nose. It was a light and airy scent that I really enjoyed.

Happiness in a bottle.

from Baltimore, MD

Comments about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer:

I have to start by saying that I am extremely nostalgic about this product. My husband and I found this at the tanning salon (I am embarrassed to say that now...) before our honeymoon eleven years ago. We purchased a bottle to take along with us on our trip to Punta Cana. This lotion is the most amazing lotion in the world. First of all, the scent is heavenly. Now, every time I smell this lotion, I am immediately transported back to the beach. In addition, it double duties as a regular lotion and after-tan lotion. I used this product after being in the sun all day every day for a week and never peeled. This lotion is magic. It's a little pricey compared to other daily use lotions, but I'll pay the extra for the memories!

This is probably my favorite scent in the world. It smells like all good things from the beach.

Absorption
Nice. This product seeps right in and leaves no greasy feeling after use.

Great for after sun or after shower!

Incredibly disappointing product

• Absorption:

my new holy grail lotion!

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer:

Believe me when I say I've tried almost all body lotions available, from drug store brands to exlusive posh boutique ones, nothing beats Hempz in terms of price, moisturizing ability and ingredients (environmentally friendly and has vitamin e, c, and a). My favorite characteristic about this lotion is how quickly and wonderfully smooth it absorbs. It instantly soften and plump up my skin and I can get dressed right away without worrying about it being greasy and sticking to my clothing. Great consistency, not too thick and not watery, perfect for any seasons; it keps my skin hydrated very well in the cold dry Northeast winter. The price can't be beaten either when you buy the gallon super size! I highly recommend this to everyone

• Absorption:

Hempz Herbal Moisturizer is the skin toning lotion of choice.

from Oxford, MS

Comments about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer:

Though the price for Hempz Herbal Moisturizer may exceed your normal budget for skin care, it is worth the purchase in skin toning and overall moisture health that can be used only two to three times weekly for the benefit of treating your skin to relieve dry irritation especially in the extreme heat and cold seasons. I like knowing my skin has a protection of moisture sealed in where bacteria doesn't hibernate which causes the appearance of skin damage and unhealthy pimples. A true product of organic creation that feels like the spa came home in a pump bottle.

Tanning bed relief!

from SmallTown, GA

Comments about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer:

I order it online but did find Sallys Beauty has some of the line.

****

Hempz Herbal Moisturizer is the best!!!

from Elyria, OH

Comments about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer:

Hempz Herbal Moisturizer is thebest moisturizer on the market. No other brand compares to Hempz Herbal Moisturizer. It is a very smooth moisturizer... not greasy. My skin has stayed amazingly soft and moisturized for days! The researcher and development team that created the Hempz Herbal Moisturizer has performed to the highest standard. They have clearly raised the bar in the moisturizer industry. Every product on the market should be required to offer products of the same quality. After using other products, I always felt my skin was still dry. There was no real "deep" penetration. With Hempz Herbal Moisturizer, I can feel and see the difference in my skin. It is much more healthy than any other product I've used before. A bonus to having healthy skin, is that it's organic. There really are no "cons" to this wonderful product. It is organic, it smells wonderful, and it is reasonably priced. I am so glad I found it! It is so hard to believe what I have been missing! Rest assured I will be telling everyone I know about Hempz Herbal Moisturizer. Everyone should know about this product...