3.9

Helen of Troy Gold Series

3.9

Great heating tool

Comments about Helen of Troy Gold Series:

The curling iron heats up fairly quick and makes full large waves. If you have fine hair like myself you will need to use lots of product like mousse and hairspray though to hold the waves and volume because they tool is not very successful in holding the volume and waves for very long without the extra styling help.

Horrible!!!!

Comments about Helen of Troy Gold Series:

I hate it!!!! I got it from Sally's Beauty Salon and I tried it as soon as I got home. It never curled my hair!! We thought maybe it was just my hair but my cousin tried it and she has curly hair and It didn't work on her hair. I won't ever recommend it to anyone!!!!!!

Best buy!!!

from Camp Lejeune, NC

Comments about Helen of Troy Gold Series:

Favorite curling iron!!! I am a hair stylist and I still use my h or Troy flat iron and curling iron you can control the heat temp it holds curls and works amazing also you can buy it at Sally's beauty supply and can always find deals or coupons online!!! I've had mine at work for two years and haven't had to replace it yet!!!

Worth Every Penny

from Grand Rapids, MI

Comments about Helen of Troy Gold Series:

This is really a great curling iron. Compared to less expensive ones you can buy in the stores, the difference is almost unimagineable! I have thick, coarse hair and the lightweight curling irons don't do a thing to my hair. This curling iron is a bit heavier, has a dial to control heat setting-it goes up to 450 degrees, and is professional quality.

I own the 1 1/2 inch curling iron. I use it every day. I use it to give body and to straighten. I turn the heat up, make sure my hair is dry and smooth it over a chunk of hair. It works so well so smooth the ends. I had previously considered buying a straightener, but this works as well, I think. I also use it to "curl" my hair under which essentially gives it a lot of body.

I know this is a more expensive curling iron, but to me it is very worth it. It still is priced much less than good straighteners, does a great job and fits very well into a busy lifestyle.

The Helen of Troy Gold Series is magical.

from Columbus, OH

Comments about Helen of Troy Gold Series:

The Helen of Troy Gold Series 11/2 inch curling iron is great.  I am a busy mom with very little time to get ready.  With this product I can run it through my natural curly hair and it takes frizz out instantly.  If I want a quick do.  I just grab pieces of hair curly it under all the way to the top of my head and it gives it just enough body to wear down looking great.  If I want the straight but buff ends. I do the same but with the curling iron just flipped under at the ends. Just takes seconds to do this do.  If I want my hairstraight believe it or not I just grab a decent size piece of hair and run it down towards the ends.  It is amazing that this curling iron can be a straightener to.  Like I said I have natural curly hair.  The kind that people would call spiral curls.  So it usually takes a lot to straighten it, but with this curling iron it has multiple setting and I turn it to the hottest setting grab a strand run it throught onceand straight.  No curls no frizz, just beautiful straight hair that don't take no time at all.  Most straightener I have to part my hair in sections and then worry about frizz.  Not with the Helen of Troy Gold Series I just grab piece run it through fast and I am done.  One day I was running late I had 30minutes to leave my house.  I had my makeup done, my hair done, my daughter ready and was out the door on time.  This is a product you have to try.

Helen of Troy's Gold Series iron is the only thing that works.

from Safety Harbor, FL

Comments about Helen of Troy Gold Series:

I first started caring about my hair when I was in high school. It always seemed like there was nothing I could do to salvage my fine, thin, stringy hair and the humidity where I live didn't help the cause. Most mornings, I would just pull it all back to avoid having it in my face or having to mess with it. A friend of mine had beautiful hair. It was everything mine wasn't. I started going to her house before school and noticed her using a flat iron. I had never used one before, so I l et her do my hair one morning. The Helen of Troy Gold Series Flat Iron was the only thing that worked for me. It tamed my wild do and kept it sleek and shiny all day, even in the Florida humidity. I've had my Gold Series flat iron for eight years now, and it is still in the best condition and I've never even had a problem with it. The only caution I have, especially for people with fine hair like me, is to put some type of protective conditioner on your hair prior to ironing. It's just a precaution.

The Helen of Troy straightener is effective but damaging.

from Scranton, PA

Comments about Helen of Troy Gold Series:

The Helen of Troy Gold Series Straightener was recommeded to me by a hair stylist. I bought it at a professional salon store, where it was priced higher than most of the other straighteners, but not as high as the most expensive products. I utilized it daily for several months, always with a protective product. The straightener was very effective on my coarse, curly hair. It had a good selection of heat settings, which I required with my difficult hair. My hair was always smooth and straight, and I received many compliments. However, after several weeks of consistent use, I began to notice great damage to my hair, even when I utilized the protective sprays. The ends of my hair were breaking, and my hair began to look very dry and unhealthy. I discontinued use of the straightener, and after some restorative treatments, my hair was back to normal. I would recommend the Helen of Troy Gold Series as an effective straightener on a sporadic basis. I would not recommend it for daily use, as it caused damage when I used it regularly.