Other Bakewares:
Hefty

Pros

Cons

Confessions of a Former Anti-Aluminum Snob

I have spent a majority of my cooking life boycotting anything that uses aluminum foil or aluminum unless it is unavoidable. I don't want aluminum in my food so when it came to the Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pans I would just stick my nose in the air and walk right by, feeling pretty pleased with myself for being so superior as to NOT use them.

Boy was I silly!

The time came when I wanted to show appreciation to someone who had been very kind to us for years. I asked the man's wife what he loves and she said lasagna.

What was I to do? We didn't know them well, so I didn't feel right giving them my only lasagna pan, as I might never see it again. It was then that I discovered the beauty of Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pans.

I still avoid aluminum in most of my cooking, but I no longer have an arrogant attitude against these foil pans. They have a very special place in my kitchen now.

When it comes to making lasagna to give away or freeze, these pans are wonderful. They cook well, and they fit a lot of lasagna in them, so it is handy to make lasagna now. When done, the pans get tossed. I believe in being ecologically minded, so I only use them once in a great while when giving away food or using them where bringing pans is not advisable. They are great!

These are SO easy to clean. Open garbage can. Deposit pan. All done!

In the freezer or in the car when taking the pan to give to someone, these are just right- sturdy enough to carry and store, they work out well. Once they are used, they get thrown away so it is a beautiful thing!

Just the right size and disposable nature make these pans a great design. We can use these for special occasions or when giving a dish to someone in a time of need or gratitude. They are also very good to use for making marbelizing with paint on fabric.

Doesn't Stick
They will stick on the sides at times, but it is not that big of a deal. Family gatherings, or other times of giving a meal to someone in need, these are just fine. They don't need to be greatly non-stick.

Disposabel Tin is Great, but I Wish It Could Support More Weight

I really like using the Hefty EZ Lasagna pan. I use them to make meals for neighbors so they don't have to return dishes, bake cakes to take to large gatherings, and bring entrees to family reunions. It has made my life so much easier not having to worry about people returning my dishes.

Things I really like about these pans are that they are so deep, so they can fit many different baked or cooked items in them, and that they come with lids. I also really like how the lids snap on, so when traveling you don't need to worry about the food spilling all over the place. The pan itself is also easy to clean. I find that with nonstick spray, this pan acts just like a normal pan- no sticking.

The one problem I have with this pan is that the bottom of the pan is really weak, so if I ever make a full lasagna or dense casserole, I need to carry this pan on top of a cookie sheet so the food doesn't just fall through the bottom of the pan.

Love Love Love!

from Kansas

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

I really LOVE these Hefty pans. They allow me to be even more lazy with cleaning routine by eliminating a large pan that I generally have to soak and scrub. It's great! Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan can be used for more than lasagna. Actually, I don't think I have ever made lasagna in it. I used it to make a lot of different casseroles, generally.

These are excellent for baking so many different items. Like I said, I usually use it to make casseroles, whether it be chicken pasta casserole, enchilada casserole, breakfast casserole, etc. I usually use glass baking pans for my casseroles, which are a hassle to get clean after use. When I use the Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan I can comply toss the foil pan away! So much less clean up. You can cover them with tin foil or saran wrap if you are saving left overs in it, just like you would any other baking pan.

My only problem is sometimes they are a little flimsy so if you are wanting to take these on the go you need to be careful while carrying them or you may have a nice mess.

I highly recommend these! It's versatile, convenient, and NO CLEANUP!

Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan: No Cleaning Needed

from Pittsburgh, PA

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

One of the things that I dread most about making lasagna or any type of baked pasta is cleaning the pan. First you have to soak it then try to get the baked on sauce and cheese off the bottom and sides of the pan then scrub until it is clean. If you want something that's going to eliminate the clean up process, the disposable pans from Hefty are worth their weight in gold.

You can get these in two sizes, I get the largest one because when I make lasagna I make it in bulk and freeze two trays and serve one for dinner. The pan is thick and strong enough to handle the weight of a triple layer lasagna but you are going to want to support the bottom of it when you are carrying it to and from the oven. There are no handles on the sides of this; you can get the turkey pans which do have handles if you think you are going to need something that can be carried that way.

Even though these are considered disposable, you can wash them and use them again if you aren't cutting the lasagna with a knife. I use a large metal spatula to cut the strips once it has cooled off a little so I never have to worry about a knife piercing the sides or bottom of the pan. I have washed a couple of these to reuse them and they worked perfectly when I used them the second time. You do have to make sure that you get the edges and rolled sides clean because sauce and cheese can get into those areas.

You can clean this or you can put it in with your recyclables once you have rinsed it out.

Doesn't Stick
You are going to want to spray the bottom and sides if you are using a lot of cheese to keep it from sticking.

• Doesn't Stick:

Convient for making frozen meals

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

I am always too tired at the end of the day to make a healthy meal, so one weekend I decided to buy Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pans and make some casseroles to freeze. This did a great job of keeping the meals from getting freezer burn while I had them in the freezer. When I was ready to bake the casseroles, I just took off the lid and put them in the oven. The casserole dishes are sturdy, and they were easy to move from the oven to the table. There was absolutely no clean up when I used these pans.

These work really well because they make sure your meals do not get freezer burned while you have them in the freezer.

These is absolutely no clean up needed when you use these pans. You can just throw the pans away when you are finished eating.

These are sturdy enough to move the pan from the oven to the table without having to worry about the dish bending or breaking apart.

Doesn't Stick
Out of the five casseroles I made, none of them stuck to the bottom of the pan.

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

I love exactly what these pans were designed for - the baking of foods in a disposable container which results in little or no washing up. I have used them for baking lasagna, gooey cakes and stuffing and they stand up to much flipping of food, high degree temperatures, and sometimes if you're really careful, a round or two of washing up. However, I did find one or two minor teething problems, the first of which was the flimsy foil on the bottom which on one occasion, almost didn't hold up to carrying a heavy cake from the fridge to the dining room table. It bent in the middle under the weight. The other minor problem was that in trying to wash mine too many times, I bent it on the side and it cracked. However, as I say, they really are best used as a disposable. I use these most frequently when we are having people round for Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner and I want to cut down on pots and pans to wash up. In this respect, they are pure gold dust!

Deep pan for baking

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

When most people make lasagna, it is usually only three layers. I like to make my lasagna with seven layers and four different kinds of cheese. So you can imagine I need a rather deep baking dish to allow for my lasagna to bake, rise, and expand while it cooks. There are many reasons why I like the Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna pan. For one, it's sturdy. With my seven layer lasagna, I need a pan that can hold the weight without bending and folding while I move it in and out of the oven. Secondly, it holds up to high temperatures. It won't burn or scorch in the oven after two hours of baking. Thirdly, and this is the best part, since it is light aluminum I usually throw it away so i don't have to clean it. But because they are so durable if I wash it I can reuse it if I want. It stands up to heavy sauces and hearty pastas. It allows the meal to cook evenly and gets that cheesy crust on the corners that my family loves. Your family will probably love it too.

Great product!

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

I am a huge fan of Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pans. Lasagna is very messy! I hate having to spray pans and then spend forever cleaning all of the cheesy residue left behind. These EZ Foil Lasagna Pans take all of the aggravation away! How easy! The lasagna does not stick and comes out easily when you slice it. This is such a helper in the kitchen-I have more time to spend doing what I want, instead of scrubbing a pan for an hour!

Cooks thoroughly and holds up well.

Easy to clean or throw away!

Very sturdy

Makes a good amount of lasagna and is nice and deep

handy to have

from La Rue, OH

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pans are really handy to keep on hand. I have tons of Pyrex and other dishes and pans with lids, but it's sometimes nice to use these for potlucks so you don't have to worry about bringing the dishes home when it's over, you can just throw the pan away. I often use these for cakes, banana pudding, apple crisp and many other things, they are not limited to lasagna. Of course they are made of very thin aluminum so if you have something heavy in them (like a cake) you will want to have one of those cardboard trays that they stock canned goods or cans of Pepsi in at the store to sit the pan in for carrying. Otherwise it may buckle on you and you might drop your whole dish! These foil pans are very economical and you don't have to worry about cleanup at all. I usually try to keep 3 or 4 of them on hand at all times so I don't have to run out and buy one when I decide that I need one. Very handy pan!

Handier than you think

from Berkeley, CA

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

This seems like such a basic grocery store item that I almost felt silly reviewing it, but after two (yes - two!) Thanksgivings where we nearly forgot to have a pan big enough to roast a turkey in, I'm coming around to the idea of disposable roasting pans as a helpful - and maybe even necessary - component of my kitchen.

Despite being disposable, these pans really are sturdy, and you can count on them to hold up in the oven even if you're cooking a dish with a lot of heft to them. Lasagna is a great and obvious choice for these pans, but you may also find them useful for roasting smaller birds, like chickens - the juices collect nicely in the bottom of the pan (and I suppose you could punch holes in the bottom, if you want.)

These are also perfect for serving at a potluck. Don't worry about chasing down your cookware at the end of the party - their disposable nature really comes in handy here.

• Doesn't Stick:

The good for anything pan

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

I give this pan a thumbs up! This type of pan is used yearly throughout the year in my household.

Everything gets cooked thoroughly. I don't think it could get any better. it all purpose and reusable if needed. This is the only pan I use for my holiday dressing.

The bottom of this pan is pretty easy to wash except when I get to the creases! Most of the time I just end up throwing it away depending on what was cooked in it.

Very durable for that hefty lasagna dinner. I also like to use this pan for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays for baking dressing. I have to use a thick pan for the holidays. It is even good for my cookouts when I grill. It is so strong that it doesn't sink in when I fill it up with food.

It is not only designed to fit in the oven, but on the grill as well. There have been many occasions where I have grilled roast on the grill with this pan.

Doesn't Stick
I have no problems with food getting stuck to this pan, thank goodness.

Very Easy!

Comments about Hefty EZ Foil Lasagna Pan:

I don't usually use this as described for lasagna. Instead, I use this when I need to use the oven to cook french fries or over baked goods. It's very simple to use. Just place the item in the pan. Set your oven to your desired temperature and forget it. This is an excellent disposable pan.

It does its job very well. It can hold a large amount of volume. Very sturdy disposable pan.

Just throw it away. Very easy to do no cleaning is required. It's very cheap and this makes it worth while to use.

A bit weak in the middle, if the weight is not dispersed then there is a problem of a lack of support in the middle. Fortunately it is sturdy enough to avoid such a puncture down the middle.

Would like to see two handles on the side, which would allow further support of the pan instead of just holding on the tiny edges of the foil. This would provide more stability and prevent future dropping accidents.