3.3

3.3

It's like a rock...

from Port Angeles, WA

Comments about Healthy Choice Frozen Panini:

In theory this product is good.  It looks tastey on the box, the indegients sound great...but when it cooks it becomes a rock.  I know Paninis are suppose to be toasted but the bread gets rock hard.  Also wish it had more spice to it.  It was very bland for a TV dinner.  It is nice to have these on hand though in case you don't have time to prepare lunch in between hectic schedules but wouldn't eat on a normal basis.

Frozen meal with a bistro taste

from Rosedale, NY

Comments about Healthy Choice Frozen Panini:

I always have a panini from the cafe near my job for lunch.When I saw these in the frozen foods isle idecided to try.I was so impressed with the flavor,I thought that it would've been bland since i tried other Healthy Choice products but was i wrong!!

not for me

from Miami, FL

Comments about Healthy Choice Frozen Panini:

I have been a loyal consumer of Healthy Choice over the years,  However, I do feel they missed the point with this product.  I was very dissatisfied with it.  I felt that all I was eating was bread.  I could barely taste the other ingredients.  It was not a satisfying experience.  I still buy Healthy Choice, but definitely avoid the pannini's.  Not for me.

Full of flavor and substance in a lite meal

from Pasadena, MD

Comments about Healthy Choice Frozen Panini:

I recently tried this sandwhich.  The vegetarian variety is the one I chose and was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed it.  It is cooked open face in the microwave, so if you are not so hungry, you could easily eat half, or have it open faces like a pizza.  The vegetarian style I tried had a definate pesto flavor, which I love, but is not the favorite of everyone.  There was nothing about it that made me feel like I was eating too light.

Very Tasty

from Hummels Wharf, PA

Comments about Healthy Choice Frozen Panini:

This is my favorite of all the different brands and choices of paninis that I tried. I do have to admit, I choose not to put it in the microwave and instead bake it in the oven for about 15 minutes. They are DELICIOUS! I love the flavor that the bbq sauce brings to it all. This is one of my favorite lunch options.

The Healthy Choice Panini will not be my choice!

from Somewhere in, NY

Comments about Healthy Choice Frozen Panini:

My husband was at the grocery store and trying to be thoughtful he picked me up a Smoked Chicken **Healthy Choice Frozen Panini**.  He had remembered how much I liked Panini's the last time I purchased a frozen one but, he didn't realize that the ones I liked were the Stouffer's Lean Cuisine Panini. (see my previous review) I didn't say anything and proceeded to cook it in the microwave not thinking there would be much difference.  I was very wrong!  Stouffer's won this round by a landslide!

**The Facts**

The Smoked Chicken Panini consists of hickory smoked white chicken, two cheeses, diced tomatoes, fire roasted onions, red peppers with BBQ sauce, on sourdough bread.

- Total fat = 4.5g Fat (1.5g of Saturated fat)
- 310 Calories, 580mg Sodium, 10mg Cholesterol, 42g Carbs
- 480mg Potassium, 25g Protein, Vitamin A-10%,C-2%, Iron 15%, Calcium 30%
- Dietary Fiber 5g, Sugars 5g

**My Experience**

I did exactly as the microwave directions indicated by flipping the empty box over to make a platform, removing the overwrap from the panini halves and silver tray.  I microwaved it on high for the two and a half minutes that was directed and let the panini stand for one minute.  When I took the panini out of the microwave it didn't look very appetizing and after taking my first bite, I realized that it was no match for Stouffer's version of the panini.  This one was very bland tasting and the edges of the panini were hard.  The combination of foods that made up this panini didn't seem to go well together either.  Blech.  The size was smaller than Stouffer's as well.

**My Final Viewpoint**

The** **Smoked Chicken** Healthy Choice Frozen Panini **that I tried is one that I'm afraid I can't recommend.  I can't speak directly for the other types of panini's that Healthy Choice makes but I can't imagine them being much better.  I give this product a 2 star rating and will stick with my Stouffer's Lean Cuisine Panini's.