Other Hair Conditioners:

Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner

Pros

Cons

Smooth & Silky Conditioner: No More Dandruff - No More Frizz

Generally speaking, manufacturers tend to make anti-dandruff products as "shampoo and conditioner in one" combinations.  It's not often that you can find a stand-alone anti dandruff conditioner.  However, I've recently found one from a well known brand - **Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Dandruff Conditioner**.  I don't know why it took so long to create it, but I hope they never stop making this product. I shampooed my hair with [Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Dandruff Shampoo][1] , and I was pleased that my hair didn't feel dried out or frizzy.  To finish the process, I worked in some of the conditioner from scalp to ends, and let it sit for a couple of minutes.  The conditioner is creamy, thick, and has a pleasant fragrance.  There is no medicinal smell to indicate that it is treated with pyrithione zinc, which is an added plus.  The conditioner rinsed well, and I emerged with soft hair, no tangles, no dryness, and no flakes or itch.

I only need a dandruff shampoo periodically, but I have always hated using them because of how unruly they left my hair feeling.  It's nice to know that I can confidently reach for a bottle of **Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Anti-Dandruff Conditioner** knowing that it is good for both my scalp and my hair.  Great job, Proctor & Gamble!

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Head-Shoulders-Smooth-and-Silky-Anti-Dandruff-Shampoo-14-2-oz-review-07713

Doesn't work

I get dry skin especially in the winter and it also affects my scalp. I wanted to get a shampoo and conditioner that would prevent the dryness as well as leave my hair soft. This is when I decided I would try Head and Shoulders. I used this product daily and I never noticed any difference with my hair. My scalp was still dry and my hair did not get any softer or silkier. I tried this product for a few months hoping that maybe if I used it long enough it would eventually work. Unfortunately it never did and I stopped using it. I then decided to try another shampoo and conditioner not from the head and shoulders collection and the dryness in my scalp virtually disappeared and my hair WAS left silky and smooth. Perhaps this was a singular experience, but I know that I will not be buying any of the head and shoulders products anymore and am dissatified with the silky and smooth shampoo and conditioner.

Much better than expected.

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner:

Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky is my husband's favorite shampoo and conditioner. He swears that he has dandruff if he uses anything else so I never let his supply run out. I honestly think that he wouldn't have dandruff even if he didn't use a dandruff shampoo but it makes him happy so I just go with it. I always thought that anti-dandruff products wouldn't be any good for hair that didn't have dandruff so I was really pleasantly surprised the first time I used his Head and Shoulders shampoo and conditioner when I ran out of my regular stuff and forgot to get more. My hair was actually really smooth and shiny and it detangles really well. I did use it for an entire week once when we went away and I decided it would be easier to bring one shampoo and conditioner for both of us. By the end of the week I felt that my hair was a bit dry and crispy, although to be fair I spent the whole week in the sand, chlorine and salt water. I'm assuming that a week of normal conditions might not leave it so dry. I don't use the Head and Shoulders everyday but I do still use it from time to time and I think that for anyone who does need a dandruff shampoo and conditioner everyday that this would be a really great option.

No dandruff & leaves hair silky smooth

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner:

I started using this product over 4 years ago. I've loved it since the first time I tried it. It's not just the yucky smelling dandruff shampoo and conditioner. It has a great smell, it cleans your scalp and hair, and it leaves your hair feeling silky smooth. I ran out of this shampoo and conditioner one day and had to resort to another brand. My boyfriend asked me if I switched shampoo brands that night because he could tell that my hair smelt different. It works just as good as the expensive salon brands. I love it!

I haven't seen any white flakes since I started using this product and my hair is always shiny, smooth, and silky. It smells amazing too!

Love the scent!! It lasts a couple of days, so if you decide to go a day without washing your hair, no one can tell!

Head and Shoulder Smooth and Silky Softens as it Conditions

from Houston, TX

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner:

Head & Shoulders is probably the best- known name in dandruff care and its shampoos have been used by millions around the world. What many have not tried, however, are Head & Shoulders conditioners. There are a few varieties of these conditioners and many are just as good as the shampoos. A fine example is **Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Conditioner.**

**Conditioner Commentary:**

Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Conditioner is a solid conditioner that soothes and moisturizes the hair and scalp with the familiar Head and Shoulders shampoo scent, only slightly lighter. Depending on hair length, it takes only a small amount to work through the hair and scalp before rinsing.

Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Conditioner takes some time to rinse out, but this is common with conditioner and when fully rinsed, you may swear there is still a little bit left in your hair. But don’t worry- just finish your shower and let your hair dry like normal. The conditioner penetrates the scalp and hair, leaving both revitalized and moisturized.

Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Conditioner leaves the hair feeling very soft and conditioned and it doesn’t weigh the hair down to the extent that other conditioners do. My hair is short and I cannot use some brands of conditioners because they go way too far, making my hair look flat and prompting people around me to ask if I just got my hair cut. This conditioner is different. It leaves the hair looking and feeling very nice and I find that it works well enough that it only needs to be used every few days.

**Bottom Line Viewpoint:**

Hair- even short hair like mine- can use a little conditioner every now and then and Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky Conditioner is a very good product for hair and scalp treatment. It does what a conditioner should do without weighing the hair down and making it look flat. It is priced a little higher than others and the smell isn’t as good as other conditioners, but it is still a good product and worthy of consideration.

A solid conditioner that soothes and moisturizes.

Soapy, familiar Head and Shoulders scent

The hair brush can easily go through my hair!

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner:

I was sent a sample of the **Head and Shoulders Smooth and Silky**. It provided two washings and two conditioning treatments for my shoulder length hair.

Before I go any further, let me state I have very fine hair, a LOT of strands, and I tend to have very oily hair. Most shampoos do not keep my hair clean for 24 hours (shoot some don't keep it clean for 20 hours). Due to the oiliness, I typically do not use conditioner in my hair. Also, I tend to have problems with having allergic reactions to shampoos (sensitive) after repetive use.

I did use the **Head and Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner** in conjunction with the same shampoo. The conditioner was very thick. It covered my hair completely with an average amount of conditioner. However, like the shampoo, the conditioner seemed to make my hair feel heavy. Also, I felt like I really needed to rinse more and honestly, I wasn't sure if I had gotten it all out.

After getting out of the shower and drying off, I was able to pull my comb EASILY through my hair. This is not typical for me. It was great. The conditioner did EXACTLY what it promised. My hair was smooth, it was not frizzy even in high humidity, and it was silky to the touch. The best part, my hair STAYED CLEAN! I could even wash and condition my hair the night before, sleep, get up and go the entire day with clean hair that easily brushed out all of my "bed head". YES! That is what I want from a conditioner.

If you haven't tried this, I would recommend you give it a try.

Works for some, but not for others

from Sheffield, IL

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner:

In the winter months, I find that I have extra dry skin. It happens with my scalp as well. I have dark hair, so with dandruff that is not a good combination to have together. It can be quite embarrassing. I have tried to find a shampoo and conditioner that works for me. I have thick hair and it can be dry at times, so I needed a conditioner that really moisturizes my hair. I decided to give this product a try. I can't say that I was overly impressed with the product. I tried using it for a while, and it left my hair dry and limp. I didn't notice a difference with my scalp either. The smell of the conditioner is not the greatest as well. I know it is to help with the dandruff with certain ingredients, but it would be nice if the scent could be masked some. I know others though that say it does a great job. I guess it just depends on the hair type.

Great Alternative to just plain head and shoulders!

from Brandenburg, KY

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner:

I have always had a flaky scalp. I have tried switching shampoos and conditioners thinking that maybe my hair just gets use to one type. I have paid for expensive brands that offer such things as green tea and mint extract hoping that they would help with my problem. My husband has always used head and shoulders, but i have refused to use it because I can't deal with us using the same shampoo. So, when I saw that head and shoulders had come out with a few other options I was very excited. I came across their smooth and silky line and I LOVE it. It doesn't have that smell that plain head and shoulders has. It leave my hair feeling healthy. OF course, I have noticed a great change in my flaky scalp! Its great that they now have a condition to accompany their shampoos as well! This had been a big turn off to me for this brand in the past! As far as generics go, this is one brand that I wouldn't skimp for the generics on, because the real thing is so GREAT!

Absolutely Love Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner!

from Birch Tree, MO

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner:

I switched to Head & Shoulders shampoo and conditioner when someone recomended them to me because my hair was thining due to medications. Even though I don't have dandruff I love this stuff! I've always had my hair long and it was getting so thin I was afraid I would have to get it cut, plus it had stopped growing. But now thanks to Head & Shooulders not only is it growing again but it's also starting to get thicker, and I've only been using it for 3 months! Head & Shoulders saved my hair!!

Doesn't work

from Cordova, TN

Works great!

from Johnson City, TN

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner:

I love this stuff. I have dry skin and that include a dry scalp that gets flakey at the slightest hint of winter or build up. Head and Shoulders Sensitive Care Dandruff Conditioner is a great product that helps me stay clear of dandruff. Dandruff is embarassing and especially so when you have dark hair like I do and it is clearly more visable than with those of the fairer hair. But when I use Head and Shoulders dandruff conditioner I needent worry about that any longer. It leaves my hair feeling soft and clean too. The only downside I can think of is the noxious blue coloring they put in it that leaves blue dabs on my bathtub if they do not get rinsed all the way down but really that's more my fault than theirs. Well that and the smell is not my favorite, although not noxious either so I can really complain. Overall, I definitely recommend this product to others who suffer from dry, itchy scalp and dandruff

Head and Shoulders: a god-send for problematic hair!

from La Crosse, WI

Comments about Head & Shoulders Smooth & Silky Conditioner:

I really liked this product because of the way that it balanced the moisture of my hair: not too moist and not too dry. Also, it really got rid of my itchy scalp problem and made my hari silky smooth and also added a bit of volume!