3.9

3.9

Pros

Cons

Head and Shoulders conditioner - shiny silky hair

I have a very bad dandruff problem since-past few years. I have always been using the head and shoulders shampoo for dry scalp since it's the only brand name affordable dandruff shampoo available through out many stores. I never tried any conditioner, I never thought it work as it seemed to work in the commercials. Then finally I made up mind to try the head ad shoulders conditioner for dry scalp, when I got a coupon for buying both shampoo and conditioner.

As always, I'am very money concious and also never buy any store brand or very cheap product when it comes to skincare and health. So finally got home, washed my hair with head and shoulders shampoo and followed the instructions to use the conditioner. I worked out the conditioner through the scalps and washed the hair. While washing my hair itself, I was able to feel the difference. It felt silky and smooth and just a need a little amount to condition your hair.

My hair is usually frizzy after wash, but it seemed better after I used the Head and shoulder's conditioner for dry scalp. My hair felt shiny, silky and smooth. Now I'm using on my daughter's hair too! I was glad I bought the conditioner. It cools down your dry scalp areas and you can feel it right away when using the product on the shower. Ever since that day I always use head and Shoulders dry scalp conditioner along with the Head and Shoulders shampoo. Great coupons and deals come often at drugstore which makes it much easier to afford things we like.

Help my scalp but not my hair

On occasion, I use **Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Conditioner** along with their shampoo to reduce dry scalp, especially during the winter months.  This conditioner promises to reduce scalp flaking and itching...and I'll agree, it does that.  When combined with the shampoo, I find that my scalp feels more hydrated and I don't notice as much flaking when used at least once a week.  However, I don't feel that my hair is as smooth or silky as with my [Dove conditioner][1] .  The hair shaft feels smooth when I rinse the product out, but once I blow-dry and style my hair, it gets frizzy faster from the lack of moisture.

I do recommend this product if you need treatment for dry scalp, but if you're looking for a conditioner that will leave your hair silky, this won't cut it.  I usually shampoo with Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Shampoo, use the **Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Conditioner**, then condition with just a little of my Dove conditioner before my final rinse.  That way I get the benefits of the dry scalp treatment but my hair is left soft as well.

By and large, I think the **Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Conditioner** is  unnecessary.  It doesn't really do much for my scalp, since I don't condition my head, just the hair shaft.  It's not a bad product, but I get more use out of the shampoo than the conditioner and will stick with my Dove line once this bottle is gone.

[1]: http://www.viewpoints.com/Dove-Intense-Damage-Therapy-Conditioner-review-24e25

Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Conditioner: Is it Really Necessary?

from Houston, TX

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

Dandruff can be kept under control and there are plenty of shampoos ready to show you, the consumer, what they are capable of doing. Head and Shoulders is the best known in the group and after washing with Head & Shoulders shampoo, you might want a little extra softness and if you do, you may want to reach for **Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner.**

**Shampoo Facts and Commentary:**

Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner is an anti- dandruff conditioner designed to be used along with Head & Shoulders Dandruff shampoos. This product has additional abilities to help with dry scalp and those who use Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Shampoo may be enticed to use this as a means to complete the job and add greater protection against dryness.

I have dry hair and dry scalp and I am constantly looking for ways to remedy these and related problems. I don’t use conditioner very often, but I will use it on occasion and I will sometimes use this brand, Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner, following my shampooing with Head & Shoulders shampoo of any variety. It does help to add a little softness to the hair, but mostly it conditions the scalp and adds a further layer of protection against dryness.

As I said, I don’t use conditioner very much because my hair is short and it is usually unnecessary. And with this conditioner, I have found it mostly an unnecessary product. The reason I say this is because I generally get what I need (dandruff control, itching control, moisturizing ability, etc) from the Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Shampoo itself. I don’t really have a strong need for added conditioner when the shampoo provides results like these.

**Bottom Line:**

Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner is an okay product that does help add more protection to the scalp, but I don’t know if it is really all that necessary given the abilities of the Head & Shoulders shampoo of the same name. I suppose it could make a difference for those with longer hair, but I consider it an average product overall.

Does add more moisture to dry scalp

Scent is very nice and clean

Flakes look extra horrible on a brunette's head and shoulders.

from Austin, TX

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

I've always used Head & Shoulders Conditioner since discovery it back in college some 20 years ago -- and it continues to work for me to this day. I've experimented with other conditioners occasionally, but find myself going right back to H&S a month later. I can't pretend to know what it is that is working for me, it just does. I've tried other products with the same active chemicals, but I guess the balance is never the same. All I can say is, works for me and I would be lost without it.

As for product specifics, I like the feel and smell. Gentle, creamy, and not too chemically aromatic. I have horrible allergy problems and sneeze at the sight of pepper, but this conditioner has never bothered me in the slightest. I find you pay a little more for the product compared to other conditioners, but what's the point of saving money if it doesn't work?

I also looked up the company on the eco-scale and found out they rank highly on environmental practices and use of recycled and recyclable material.

A Good Smelling Dandruff Conditioner

from Roanoke Rapids, NC

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

**Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner is a great addition to the shampoo. As a follow up it moisturizes your hair to help rid dry scalp. I personally like that Head and Shoulders has took the liberty of creating a good smelling dandruff haircare line. It's much better than the old medicine smell. It's smells fresh and botancial instead. This product actually works as long as you truly make it a part of your haircare routine. I wouldn't recommend using it then switching to other shampoo and conditioners. You'll have to be loyal if you don't want your dandruff and dry scalp to come back. The bottle is made of high quality and you can squeeze it out with ease. It's a little higher in price than store brand dandruff haircare products but it works and doesn't stink. I would personally recommend this line of products to help you become and stay dandruff-free. Plus your hair will look really clean.**

H & S Conditioner is truly wonderful!

from Trenton, NJ

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

I am a big fan of Head and Shoulders Conditioner. Over the years, I have tried plenty of dandruff shampoos. And all have failed in one point or another...either didn't rid of the flakes, or left my hair smelling bad or lookin awful. Head and Shoulders condition does neither. It leaves my hair smoothe, tangle free, and rids of dry skin and itching. No need for medical shampoo with Head and Shoulders around! It also makes my hair feel moisturized and clean. And it smells really good! you can find this conditioner in just about any place that shampoo and conditioner products are sold. If you ask me, the price is decent as well. It leaves my hair feeling light and smoothe. I would definately recommend head and shoulders conditioner to any one who has a problem with a dry, flaky, and itchy scalp. Why bother not being able to wear black, or pay an arm and a leg for medicated shampoo? No need with this conditioner!

Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner Delivers!

from Garden Grove, CA

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

Whenever the seasons change, my scalp tends to act out in the occasional mild snowstorm of dreaded and embarrassing dandruff. I am very self-conscious of this as my scalp likes to be unpredictable. The only solution to this problem is to take preemptive measures which for me means using Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner.

When I first noticed my dandruff, I was embarrassed at the fact that I even had to use a dandruff treating shampoo and conditioner. After using Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner; however, I have fallen in love with Head & Shoulders and now use this conditioner all the time. The conditioner aids in fighting dandruff while also keeps hair smooth and shiny. It thoroughly moisturizes the hair and scalp with its creamy formula. The conditioner also smells wonderful and comforting unlike other dandruff fighting products that smell of chemicals.

Head and Shoulders Conditioner is more than I need

from Waxhaw, NC

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

I've used Head and Shoulders shampoo for years. Head and Shoulders is a consistently good product that I can cdepend on to take care of my dandruff problem as well as give me clean fresh-smelling hair. I tried the conditioner recently. I always use conditioner, but not Head and Shoulders conditioner. I wasn't pleased. Although Head and Shoulders is a name aI trust, I found that this conditioner did not add anything to my hair. I would have to say that the conditioner really weighed my hair down. It is a heavier conditioner than I need. There are many products available now that give a light conditioning to the hair, enough to smooth the follicles and prepare it for styling. I prefer a lighter spray on, leave in conditioner to the Head and Shoulders conditioner. I think Head and Shoulders should continue to develop a wider variety of conditioners in order to meet the needs of loyal customers like myself.

Conditioner does okay, nothing spectacular

from Saint Simons Island, GA

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

I am not the kind of guy that uses a conditioner every day. It's just not for me. But, the wife loves it when I do use one, she says my hair is really soft and she likes to run her hands through it. So, it's a no brainer, I'll use it to make her happy. So, I use this Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp conditioner on nights we are going out. It's okay. It makes my hair soft I suppose, but it really doesn't do anything special for my scalp. I used it when I was out of my Head and Shoulders shampoo once, hoping it would do the trick on my dandruff since I only had my wife's shampoo to use and it didn't do anything for my dandruff. Well, neither did this conditioner. It still has nice enough generic scent, but it didn't stop my flakes. As far as a basic conditioner, yep, it doesn't the job. As far as dandruff control - stick with just the shampoo and it'll do all you need. No need for this conditioner to do that.

Dandruff Conditioner

from Waseca, MN

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner is one of a kind. I have not been able to find a conditioner that helps with my dandruff at such a great price as I have with Head and Shoulders.

Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner is a very affordable prodcut. It helps me with my dandruff problems and it helps to relieve scalp itch. Another great thing about Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner is that they are coming out with new fragrance's. You don't have to buy the classical smell head and shoulders anymore.

One of the problems I have with Head and Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner is that you have to use it every day for it to be the most effective. If you are someone who does not wash their hair everyday then this may not be able to get rid of your dandruff and dry scalp for long. It will tend to help your dry scalp out for a few days.

Head and shoulders is the best

from Burbank, CA

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

I had a very bad dandruff problem for a long time. My csalp was itchy and hair was rough after taking shower. Once i start to use Head and shoulders i got a relief from my itchy scalp and dandruff problem. I tried almost all the shampoo and conditioner brands, but nothing helps me. Atlast i found head and shoulders is the best. I could see the difference within two weeks. After shampooing i used to apply head and shoulders conditioner, which make my hair silky and smooth. My hair looks shiny, silky and smooth. Now I'm a regular customer of head and shoulders and this is my favourite brand too. My family is also sticking in this brand only. And now we don't want to take risk by trying different other brands.I recommand head and shoulder conditioner along with the shampoo. It gives more effect. And it's not costly. We will get this brand in the market at a reasonable cost. Conditioning gives more health to your hair.

Difficult to dispense

from Bemidji, MN

Comments about Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Care Dandruff Conditioner:

The conditioner works well, make my hair easy to comb through, etc, but now that I am toward the end of the bottle, it takes all my might to get any out. It is very thick, I put it on then shave so that it sits for a bit and don't have any issues rinsing. Overall I like it, but the bottle needs improvement. I can't tell a huge difference in softness and still get flakes, but it is a bit better.