Other Shampoos:

Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo

Pros

Cons

Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Makes My Hair Feel Spectacular

I normally switch up my shampoo whenever I wash my hair for a variety of reasons but I stay within a select few. **Head & Shoulders: Classic Clean** shampoo is one of the chosen elite to help with my thick mane.

This is the brand that I have used most of my life. My hair is thick in nature so it really has a mind of it's own. I've tried to tame it over the years but to no avail. It will grow and act the way it wants to just to frustrate me most of the time. And it gets worse during the dry, winter months. My head will itch and start to flake more. Surprisingly, using **Head & Shoulders: Classic Clean** helps eliminate that problem for me.

The 23.7 oz shampoo bottle lasts me a long time, at least a couple of months. I really don't use a lot every time I wash my hair and I usually need to do two passes every time. For each wash, I squeeze out shampoo from the bottle that's the size of a quarter and lather my hair with it. As I thoroughly wash my hair and rinse it off, I repeat the process again. For me, my hair builds up a lot of natural oils that eventually makes my hair too hard to maintain after a while. While I try not to strip all the natural oils, I realize it's also a necessary evil. The result, for me, leaves my hair silky and smooth. It also becomes fluffy and feels absolutely clean.

The shampoo bottle is white with a flip-up cap to release the thick, creamy-like liquid. I've used this shampoo enough times to recognize the fresh smell to the point where I think I can identify this product in a blindfold sniffing competition (but don't take me up on that one).

Just like it instructs, if you use this on a regular basis, the problems that you experience with your hair become much more manageable. It's gentle on the hair and doesn't leave any burning sensations after it is applied. **Head & Shoulders: Classic Clean** has been a constant in my bathing ritual. Though I have tried other shampoos, I always make sure that this is still part of my arsenal in combatting dirty and oily hair.

nice product which never changes

Have been using this Head & Shoulders classic clean for a couple months now. Just like all their product, you get what you expect from a brand name, a good result which is very satisfying. It really help keep the hair clean, manageable and flake free for some extent. But the same old smell and packaging just feels so dull and lifeless.

Although they do claim that they

"personalize how you care for your hair with 9 distinct formulas including NEW conditioners designed for your specific hair needs. From smoothing frizz to intense moisturizers, you can find a Head & Shoulders line perfect for your hair".

After tried some other formulas, they all looks and feels very alike to me. and the new citrus breeze and ocean lift do give you a little freshness at the biggaining, but quickly fades, and the results just not up to par with the classic clean. So the only line for me is the classic clean, and getting borad of it. the only reason i am sitll using head and shoulds is the consistent results.

Classic Does It

from Dayton, Ohio

About Me Minimalist

Pros

• Cleans Thoroughly
  • Gentle
  • Improves Hair Health
  • Lathers Well

Cons

• Daily Use

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

I've repeatedly gone back to Classic head and shoulders over the years. Just for kicks, and a couple of times by accident when I picked up the wrong bottle, I tried some of the newer versions of H&S they put out but I didn't see any difference and didn't want all the other "benefits" they supposedly possess. I can count on classic keeping me from getting an itchy scalp. I can tell when I've been traveling and had to use something in the hotel because I didn't bring my own shampoo. I will need to use classic head and shoulders for a few days to get back to an itchless head. In the summer when i'm in the pool a lot, I typically need to use the conditioner too or get the 2 in 1 version of classic. Otherwise my hair gets to dried out from the chlorine. The scent is pleasant and not too heavy with the perfume. It rinses out well and doesn't leave a residue feeling. Overall its a solid product that I've used for years and go back to using even after experimenting with other products.

• Hair Type:
    • Straight Hair

Perfect for dirty hair on an itchy scalp

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

Along with having oily roots year round, during the summer my hair gets dirty all day long. Between the dust and dirt, the sweat, and the oil I sometimes feel like I need oven cleaner to get my hair clean at the end of the day. Luckily, Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo steps up and takes care of all the grime for me.

I have always trusted the Head & Shoulders brand, and this product does not let me down. With all the hay dust, dirt, sweat, oil, and sunburns my scalp is exposed to in the summer I need a shampoo that will get my hair clean without irritating my scalp any further. This shampoo does just that, as well as helping to heal my scalp and relieve the itchiness. The shampoo is thick and rich, it lathers excellently, and it leaves my hair and scalp feeling squeaky clean. Most importantly, it does all of this without further damaging my dry hair.

It has a classic Head & Shoulders scent which is pleasant and light.

Gets rid of dandruff.

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

I've tried so many different shampoos to get rid of the awful dandruff that was on my scalp without drying out my hair. Nothing seemed to work. Even the expensive shampoo that was recommended to me by my doctor didn't work for me. A friend of mine recommended Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo saying that it is the only shampoo that worked for her. I used it for about 2 weeks before I began noticing a difference in my scalp and hair. After another 2 weeks, my scalp was completely dandruff free. The best part is, Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo did not dry out my hair or cause any type of damage to it. My scalp felt so clean and my hair felt so good. I was no longer embarrassed to wear black, because when I used to wear black shirts, the dandruff would show on my shoulders. I was also no longer embarrassed to play with my hair in public. Before, when I used to toss or flip my hair, the dandruff would show or flake off and that would be really embarrassing.
    Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo is sold for a very reasonable price which is another reason I love it and would recommend it. The only thing I do not like about it is that you will have to use it permanently because once you stop using it, the dandruff would come back slowly.

Flake-free every morning.

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

I first noticed my dandruff issue as a sensitive high school student with longish hair who wore more black than was probably advisable. Pretty embarrassing. In my experience with dandruff shampoos, I have used the more expensive, medicated dandruff shampoos, but, for my money, Head and Shoulders works just as well and smells much better. I really don't want to spent the day smelling like a medicine cabinet. I like to buy the larger size bottle with the pump on the top, because I waste less and the bottle lasts forever. I've been using the same bottle for almost a year now. If you need to get rid of some flakes, Head and Shoulders works for me.

My hair feels nice and clean after using this shampoo. It feels very gentle and non-damaging, so I feel comfortable using it every day.

The scent is nice and clean-smelling without being overwhelming. Scent is very important to me because several dandruff shampoos have a strong medicated smell.

Not Your Daily Shampoo

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

I've always suffered from dandruff, I consider it to be severe dandruff as I have black hair and it is very noticeable. So after seeing a coupon and tired of hot oil treatments I tried Head & Shoulders. At first it worked very well however with daily use I found sores developing on my head and my scalp beginning to flake even worse! I did what any good consumer would do and went online and filed a complaint. I was emailed that Head & Shoulders is only recommended for people with dermatitis for daily use!!! I find this incredible that this is sold in the shampoo isle! Along with Selsun Blue which also is only recommended for daily use to people with dermatitis! Shouldn't these products be sold in the pharmacy isles with T-Gel. Head & Shoulders has been false advertising. So if your using it and waiting for your dandruff to get better it is probably making it worse.

Long term it makes your scalp worse unless you have dermatitis.

The scent is average.

My very favorite!

from Richmond VA

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

This is the shampoo I usually turn to for everyday use. It is a very reliable shampoo, especially when I need something to combat the frustration of what havoc winter weather wreaks on my head! It is so gentle on sensitive scalp and does a great job of soothing the itchiness and dandruff that comes along with it. It always leaves my hair so clean, soft, and shiny, and it smells so fresh and clean. I absolutely love this shampoo and I highly recommend it! I prefer using the 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner version of this, but if you don't need conditioner, then this is just fine.

I really love how well this shampoo works. I have always been so happy with the results and it is a fantastic value for the price. It works better than just about anything else that I have tried, even more expensive products.

The smell of this shampoo is so fresh and clean, and it is also neutral enough that it isn't overwhelming.

Works Well

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

Good shampoo if you have (or don't have?!) dandruff! Gave it an 8 since you can get a cheaper version (from 'equate' brand) that works just as well, but it doesn't come in a bunch of scents like Head and Shoulders does. I really recommend Head and Shoulders to anyone with dandruff. I've been using it for about 7 years and during that time I have not had any more dandruff problems.

Head and Shoulders works best for my dry scalp

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

I have tried a few other brands of dandruff shampoo, but rarely do I find a brand that I like. Except for Head and Shoulders. I live in such a dry area it's hard to keep my scalp moist, soft, and non-flakey. One of the brands of dandruff shampoo I tried about a year ago made my dandruff worse! We can't have that now can we?! I returned to my use of Head and Shoulders because it seems to work the best. I'm not scratching my head until there are flakes everywhere anymore. It's been pretty recent years that I started using head and shoulders. I was fairly young and didn't really think about shampoos that could help my itchy scalp condition. Until my mom introduced me to it. I have used this product for a little over three years. And have never had an issue with it. Head and Shoulders doesn't smell too bad either. Considering there is a few other kinds of Head and Shoulders that make it smell even better!

Great product that leaves your hair clean, manageable and shiny.

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

I love this product. I have dry scalp, and I get my hair professionally colored every 8 weeks. This shampoo really keeps my scalp moisturized, while keeping my color fresh, and leaving my hair shiny and silky. I have tried many other high cost salon type shampoos, and I feel that I have better results with this product that any of the other types I have tried. I keep going back to this!

My favorite shampoo!

Comments about Head & Shoulders Classic Clean Shampoo:

This is my favorite shampoo, and I've tried a lot of shampoos. I don't have dandruff, but this shampoo does a lot more than that. Itales my hair feel so clean and healthy. You can tell from the consistency out of the bottle that it's going to do more for your hair than a lot of other, thinner consistency shampoos do. I generally switch this up for less expensive shampoos but make sure I go back to this ever once in a while because of how great it is for the health of my hair and scalp.

This shampoos cleans my hair really well but it also leaves my hair feeling healthier and stronger then other shampoos. While I don't have dandruff, I can easily tell that my scale is less dry then it gets when I use other shampoos.

I generally use the "clean" scent so it does have much of a scent but even when I try the thee ones the scent is subtle and doesn't longer after washing the shampoo out.