Other Sunscreens:

Cons

Great tanning oil

from SalemNY

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12:

I occasionally lay out to get a tan every summer and since I am fairly fair skinned but tan quickly, I use tanning oils to get a deeper tan faster. The Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12 was one of a few tanning oils I tried and pretty much the only one I liked. It is in a spray can but if you spray this on and try to move around, it can be oily. It doesn't absorb well unless you rub it into the skin which defeats the purpose of the spray can. It is one of the least oily tanning sprays that I have used though. It has a nice coconut type scent that I like. The price is okay for a tanning oil for the amount that you get. I like that it has spf in it, even if it is a lower amount, it is perfect for the short time that I am actually in the sun. This gives me a really great tan after an hour in the sun a for a few days before I beginusing regular sunscreen. I will keep purchasing this for summers when I lay out.

Great coconutty smell.

Absorption
Leaves skin a but oily unless you rub it in and wait a bit.

Gives a great tan while protecting skin at the same time.

Ease of Application
Have to actually rub it into skin if you want it to absorb right

Love it!

from Ohio

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12:

I was so excited to try this stuff when I found it at the store last year! I wanted something that was easy to tag along with me down at the pool. This was a small enough bottle I could stick it in my little beach bag without taking up much room. What really drew me in to purchasing this "Hawaiian tropic tanning dry oil clear spray sunscreen SPF 12" was that it was a easy spray bottle, I HATE getting my hands all greasy from applying most sunscreens. This really wasn't even greasy at all. The oil was nice and light so my skin absorbed it up relatively fast. I also like that the SPF is very light so I can still get a tan, without frying my skin!

The scent is wonderful, just like you would imagine to smell like on a hot summer day at the beach.

The bottle states that it has a "heavenly scent of oil infused with island botanicals that soothe and pamper, and antioxidants that nourish the skin". They do exactly as stated. My skin smelled AMAZING and it was also very soft and nourished.

Ease of Application
Very easy to use. Spray it on and let it absorb. If you want quicker results, give it a quick rub.

• Ease of Application:

It's a nice tanning lotion and it provides some SPF protection.

from West Virginia

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12:

I like this particular lotion for after I have established a base tan. This is a tanning oil which is a bit different from tanning lotion. Oils typically draw in more of what helps you tan and achieve color so you're at a higher risk of being burnt if you start off with an oil.

I like to already have a glow when I apply this. It's in an aerosol can which I love. It doesn't have a strong SPF but it has some SPF in it that protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays all while letting you get the goodies that help to tan your skins pigment. The oil goes on clear and fairly even but I still prefer to use my hand to finish rubbing the product in even though it's kind of dry feeling.

This oil isn't a sunblock necessarily even though it has SPF in it. If I stay out in the sun too long or decide to use this too soon, I always end up with a burn. I would seriously advise having a good base tan established before using this.

Also when you spray your face, it's easier for me if I get someone else to do it because I get nervous and it doesn't go onto my hands very well to spread manually.

It has an okay scent. It smells like most other lotions.

Absorption
It actually goes on really evenly and kind of dry so I just rub it in a little more and lay out in the sun.

Longevity
This lasts and lasts so if you're going to be outside all day, I would consider using a sunblock after an hour or so. The oil makes it hotter on the skin and draws more sun.

This is a great product. It's good for all skin colors but I would recommend having some base color already. This would probably be a good starting lotion though for someone who already has dark pigmented skin.

Ease of Application
The aerosol can makes it very easy to apply or to get someone else to apply for you.

Worth the purchase price

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12:

I have always been fair skinned and therefore am prone to burning very easily. I haven't been into sunbathing for at least twenty years but still attempt each year to get a little sun early in the spring to help me avoid a really bad burn and always use sunscreen. This product is perfect for me because it helps me to have a nice skin color as well as provides some protection from the sun. It is only SPF 12 so I apply the product a little more frequently than those with a higher number but I like it because it a dry oil so you don't feel greasy. I also love the scent because it smells so fresh like the beach but is not overpowering.

Scent reminds you of the beach but is not too strong.

Absorption
Since it is a dry oil, it drys very quickly after you apply the product.

Longevity
I think it does a nice job but I reapply the suncreen about every 90 minutes due to the fact that I have fair skin.

I think it is very effective and it sprays on evenly.

Ease of Application
So easy that a monkey could do it.

• Ease of Application:

Love it although not the best sun protection!

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12:

I have used this oil for a long time. I love having a nice tan in the summer and I know it's not the best SPF as far as protection but I really love it. It makes my skin feel so soft and smells great after I tan. Mostly it works fast. It's rather inexpensive as well. This product is a great buy and I love the way it works!

I absolutely love the smell of this. It reminds me of the beach and summertime which are two of my favorite things.

Absorption
It absorbs pretty easy and soaks into the skin evenly. My skin feels silky while using it as well.

Longevity
It lasts a fair amount of time but once I go for a swim, I always reapply. This can be a pain if I go in and out of the pool a lot. It's not the best to use when Im chasing the kids around-too much time reapplying!

It is fabulous if you're looking to get a nice base tan. It works fast, too. However as SPF it is not enough. Plus I'd never use it on my face so you'd need another product for that area.

Ease of Application
I was never a huge fan of sprays because they seem to clog easier or spray uneven but I haven't had that problem with this spray!

liked a lot

from Ellerslie GA

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12:

I have previously and in the past purchased and used this Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray SPF 12 oil and it was really really good. I truly did love this product. I have to start differently with this review as the first and best thing about product to me is that I just love the scent. It has a wonderful summery scent. When I smell this particular tanning product it just makes me feel really good and I feel like i am at the beach when I am wearing it. The second thing I love about this tanning dry oil is the convenience. All I had to do was spray it on and I did not even have to rub it in so it is so not messy. The price is right for this product as well. This Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray SPF 12 is amazing and super easy to use. It is a little cheaper than most other tanning products. Of course the SPF 12 sun block was another plus for me. I love that I have an oil with sun block in it. I would certainly recommend that all of my friends and family try this product. You will not be let down.

• Ease of Application:

Dry oil equals no grease!

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12:

This tanning oil is awesome. It is one of my all time favorites due to it being a dry oil. Therefore, it does not leave a greasy feeling all over you after each use. It absorbs better than other oils I have used. It also works really well at helping you get an awesome tan. The SPF 12 in it creates protection from sun burns as well. I use it after I have built up a base tan so there is less chance of burning. I would definitely recommend this product. It is one of the best tanning oils I have used.

The scent is great. It has a really nice, tropical scent to it. It leaves you smelling good after using it. It definitely does not have the typical sunscreen scent.

Absorption
It absorbs much better than other oils. It does not leave you greasy for long periods of time after using. It is one of the best tanning oils when it comes to absorption that I have used.

Longevity
I reapply frequently due to the low SPF.

It is highly effective at assisting you in getting a really good tan.

Ease of Application
The spray formula makes it really easy to apply.

• Ease of Application:

Great alternative to tanning oil

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12:

I stopped being a sun worshipper a few years back but my sister-in-law is still obsessed with having that perfect beach-bronzed body so I picked up a can of this for her to try out. She's normally pretty pale so it was pretty impressive how great her tan looked after only a few tanning sessions using this product. She loves it and if I ever take up tanning again I will definitely getting some of this.

I went ahead and sprayed a little of this on my arm in the store before I bought it and loved it for the scent alone. Coconut, tropical, goodness in a neat little spray bottle. I love it, my sister in law loves it.

Absorption
I was really intrigued by the concept of dry oil so when I tried it in the store I was really impressed by how it soaked right into my skin. MY sister in law confirmed that even when you use a lot of this product, it absorbs amazingly fast for an oil based product.

Even without using this product first hand, I can tell you that it's incredibly effective. After a few weeks of laying by the pool covered in this, my sister in law was gorgeously tan.

Get your tan on with Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil SPF12

from Deltona, FL

Comments about Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen SPF 12:

It was Spring Break and I was looking to get a tan. I bought the Hawaiian Tropic Tanning Dry Oil Clear Spray Sunscreen to give it a try. I have used spray oils before and love that your hands don't get all greasy and slippery applying the product. This oil went on smoothly and evenly -- not greasy like most tanning oils. It has a pleasant "beach" fragrance. The bottle promotes a "heavenly scent of oil infused with island botanicals that soothe and pamper, and antioxidants that nourish the skin." I wanted a tanning oil with some sunscreen and this oil is rated 12 UVB/SPF with UVA protection. I applied this when I got to the beach at 8:30 a.m. in the morning and reapplied throughout the day as I sunbathed before leaving at 1 p.m. After 4+ hours in the sun I did get a little sunburn and now two days later that has subsided and my skin has more color and no peeling. I am very happy with this product and will use it again.