Other Airlines:

Hawaiian Airlines

Pros

Cons

Shows True Aloha Spirit

I love Hawaiian Airlines.  They are one of the only airlines that offer non-stop flights to Hawaii from Seattle which makes it easier for those travelling with young children.  They are very accomodating to your needs and are one of the only airlines that still gives you a meal in-flight without charging you.  They do however charge you for ear phones to watch the movie, so keep the ear phones so that you won't have to pay on your return trip!  Join the HawaiianMiles for free and rack up the points to get you back to Hawaii soon!

Avoid Hawaiian Air at all costs!

Avoid Hawaiian Airlines at all costs!!! Their customer service policies are the worst. Had a medical emergency requiring hospitalization. Change fees $600 but "refundable" once you fill out their form and have the doctor sign. You can not find their form on their website (there is NO link to it), you have to get the URL from a customer service agent over the phone. So we filled out the form, doctor signed, etc and despite them charging us the very next day for these fees, their "policy" is refunds by 30 days. What? You're kidding me. Take my money right away but when a legitimate, qualiying incident requires a refund they sit on your money for 30 days? I think not. I made plenty of "noise", emailed, faxed and called...all to no avail. I finally told them if not refunded within 48 hours I was going to file small claims action. Guess what, an hour after that call I FINALLY got an email stating they have approved the refund. Oh, but not for the $600 we paid, they kept $150 and only are refunding $450 because of some fare increase? Come on people! So once they agree to refund they stated, "I should see the refund on your next, or following, credit card statement". You have got to be kidding. They want to sit on this for another two months? No Way! I again PROMISED I would be down at the court filing suit if not refunded within 48 hours. They finally responded with "3-5 days". Whatever. They still kept $150 that should have been refunded to me. How dare they treat their loyal passengers in this fashion! I have flown them before, and I had just flown 12 people to Hawaii and back and they decided that for $150 they will lose my business? What a stupid move. Good luck with you if you have any issues requiring their customer service....there is NO Aloha spirit and they will string you along unless you threaten them with legal action. DISPICABLE!

Great

from Warren, OH

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I have been on many airlines with traveling a lot in the past year. This airline was the most wonderful one I have ever had the chance of flying on. They were a very big airline, had a lot of room, a lot of amenities like a TV with movies and music that you could watch in front of you. I got lucky and was able to sit alone and had room to spread out and take a nap and relax more. The flight attendants were very accomodating and came by many times to ask if I would like a drink. They also are the only airline to serve a full course meal for free and give you a glass of wine. I politely declined the wine because I was very sleep deprived, however the meal was very delicious and I was very grateful for that. The flight was six hours for me and it went by fast and was great to be acommodated and taken care of during this flight out of Hawaii. I would highly reccommend this flight to anyone that is flying out of hawaii or to hawaii as they are a great airline to be on.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Best relaxing inflght experience ever!

from Westchester, IL

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I used Hawaiian Airlines last year for vacation and it is absolutely the best flight experience I have ever had in my life. The flight was a little over $800 round trip even though I booked 2 weeks out from the 4th of July. I had to fly from Chicago to Los Angles to get to Kauai, but the inflight service made it seem like a short trip. The customer service on the flight was second to none. The flight attendants were so nice and did their very best to accommodate me and all of the passengers on board. For the entire flight I never saw any stewardess take more than a 5 minute break. They were constantly moving and checking up on each passenger multiple times. I received two meals during my flight and both of them were actually pretty tasty for airline food. What really caught my attention was the smell of the plane. It smelled like a flower shop, which was great. There was also in flight entertainment available for a small fee. I was able to watch unlimited TV for like $7. The programming wasn't too spectacular, but it was worth the fee considering I was 30,000 ft in the air. I will definitely use Hawaiian Airlines for all future flights back to Kauai.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Thought they did a good job

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

We flew Hawaiian Airlines for our honeymoon. We had a few hiccups with them when checking in, but the staff was very helpful and knowledgeable. I got a little bit frustrated, but the staff was so on top of helping us, it made the situation better. I did not feel like they were ignoring or avoiding us. As soon as we needed help they got someone who knew how to handle the situation there immediately. Our plane left when scheduled, and I thought the plane was a good size and comfortable. To be perfectly honest, I was so tired after our wedding, I slept practically the whole flight (so maybe the plane was just really awesome, or I was exhausted) Nevertheless, I felt like overall Hawaiian Airlines did a good job, and I would recommend flying with them to anyone who was interested in using them. Their prices were very reasonable, they got us there safely, promptly and did a great job of helping us when things got overwhelming.

Nice airline!

from Davie, FL

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I went on vacation to Hawaii around two summers ago. I used Hawaiian Airlines, and I do not regret it one bit! My flight was punctual, and all of the flight attendants were so polite and caring about my needs. The pilot even introduced himself to make myself and the other passengers more comfortable.

I prefer first-class, and this was no exception. Hawaiian Airlines offers cheap and affordable flights for all seating areas. I would recommend this for anyone who wants to fly comfortably and happily.

Service
Like I previously stated, the on-flight attendants are so friendly and willing to do whatever it takes to ensure that I have a good flight. It is hard to find service like that nowadays.

In-Flight Accommodations
The in-flight accommodations were pretty standard. I was offered a variety of snacks, drinks, and television shows to watch. It would have been nice if they did not charge me for the blanket that I needed, but it is understandable.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Great service, but cramped seats.

from Davis, CA

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I think all of us want to get a great deal, be treated as special and be comfortable. For the most part, Hawaiian Airlines offers two out of three of those wants.

I receive HA's promotional emails, so I typically know when they have some great deals. In fact, they often offer great package deals on lodging, air and car rentals. I've used them a couple of times and didn't regret it.

They also treat me well, especially flying out of Sacramento, CA. The ground agents are happy and flight attendants attentive.

The elephant in the room is their seating. Ouch! I'm thin and not too tall and yet, have trouble straightening out my legs when seated. I also have to walk sideways down the aisle. It's not comfortable at all. If not for the inexpensive ticket and the pleasant people, I'd switch airlines. But, those two elements are very important to me.

Service
Each time I call customer service, I am treated very well. My issues are handled quickly and efficiently. Flight attendants are helpful and attentive.

In-Flight Accommodations
Food is great, but entertainment will cost you. If flying first class, it's all free. But, for those in the main cabin there is a fee for each movie.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Just remembering the airline makes me smile!

from lakeland, florida

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

My husband took me to Hawaii as a birthday present and I honestly believe that airline played a huge part in making the trip so memorable. I know that sounds odd, but the flight attendants were super friendly and helpful. The cost of our ticket was not cheap, but it was feasible enough that he saved until we could go. The flight attendants must have realized that we were on a special trip together because they truly made our flight like a dream. They asked us if we needed anything several times, made sure we were comfortable, and did not charge us for the headphones we used in flight. The flight was nonstop, so that was nice too. Once we got to Hawaii, they helped us get our stuff off the flight and it was like saying goodbye to a friend! I really would recommend using Hawaiian Airlines to fly to this incredible island. The people who work for the company are amazing and I know that I was not disappointed with the service in any way.

I was so disappointed.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

My husband and I had our anniversary and he surprised me with a trip to Hawaii for what would have been a very late honeymoon for us as we never were able to have one when we got married. I was looking forward to this flight thinking that it would be very nice and that they would offer a lot of amenities since it was going to be such a long flight without stops, because well, where can you stop over the ocean. We boarded our plane and the smell of it was actually quite atrocious. I heard the flight attendant talking about how they had been cleaning up vomit from a passenger who got sick and then so did his mother. You could still smell it and it made me want to also hurl. We found our seats and were quite disappointed with the lack of room that we had, this is a long flight, we were hoping to have a little more spacious of accommodations. The flight went by without much more happening, it was hard to even get a flight attendant to get you a drink let alone ask for anything else. The flight home on the same airline was slightly better than the way there with a better crew but overall we were still very disappointed with the entire experience.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Okay airline but certainly a no frills airline

from Peoria, AZ

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I was told this airline offered the best prices for tickets to Hawaii. This is only true if you can travel odd times or mid week. The problem with mid week travel is that qmost resorts check in days don't correspond with the lower air fare dates. The one thing that I did like was their frequent fliers program. You can pay with a combination of cash and points. They do require quite a few miles for flights and of course more points are required for weekend travel.

Service
I found their staff to be lacking in service or helpfulness. I had the feeling that they did not care if I would be a repeat customer. Overall a big disappointment and I will probably not choose this airline on the future.

In-Flight Accommodations
The plane was somewhat shabby and noise was a problem.It was not a relaxing experience and certainly not a airline that I would recommend. This is still one of the few airlines that has a large choice of flights between islands and certainly worth comparing cost. It is a rather long flight and they do not offer a free snack or meal.
'

An Average Airlines

from Upland, CA USA

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I was raised in Hawaii, went to college in California, and now live in California. I am no stranger to air travel to and from the Hawaiian Islands. I have found that Hawaiian Air offers a wide variety of flights and times which I do like. I have, although, experienced cancelled flights while sitting in an airport, ready for take-off. That was terrible and the airport terminal staff wasn't very interested in getting me on another flight.

Service
The staff of Hawaiian Air always seem pleasant when in flight. I have found that the staff in the airport can possess quite a "you are bothering me" attitude. During flight I have run into the extremes when it has come to service. I often walk around during flight (following the seat belt rules) and occasionally a flight attendant, when asked for a complimentary beverage will respond in an irritated way ... but many times they have been full of aloha.

In-Flight Accommodations
I have always found the plane to be clean and well stocked with items such as magazines, headphones, etc. I have flown on some of their more antiquated planes with low quality video technology, but I prefer to read. This is a good plane for the price.

• In-Flight Accommodations:

Excellent service... part of the Hawaiian experience

Comments about Hawaiian Airlines:

I flew Hawaiian Airlines a couple of times during my weeklong vacation in Hawaii, and I remember it as fondly as I remember the actual vacation itself. They offer flights to Hawaii from all the major hubs on the "mainland," but they also have flights between the individual islands as well.

I flew both coach and first class with Hawaiian, but the experiences were all high-quality. What stood out to me the most was the food. Over the years, I've come to have very low expectations of airplane food; I don't expect anything "fresh" or delicious, merely edible. However, with Hawaiian, they really stepped their game up and aimed to serve flyers fresh, authentic food. During my flights, I ate fresh mango and pineapple, guava smoothies, manapua, and a bunch of other things. I was still experiencing Hawaii, even in the air!

Also, the flight attendants were extremely friendly and attentive. They really seemed happy to be there and always had smiles on their faces. They made something as burdensome as flying into a pleasant, enjoyable experience.