2.1

2.1

Pros

Cons

• Shipping and Returns:

Excellent brands, but shipping takes forever and a half

HauteLook is another sample sale website that offers sales that last from 36-72 hours, featuring a wide variety of coveted brands, including William Rast, Cosabella, Saint Grace, T-Bags, Rock & Republic, Linea Pelle, and more. Prices are usually right around the 50-75% off retail mark, though occasionally there are super-reduced prices on select items (you'll see the prices in green). Sales usually start at 11AM EST, and three or so brands usually start selling every day.

This site's biggest irk factor, at least in my opinion, is its painfully slow shipping time. It typically takes at least 10-14 business days (two to three weeks) after the close of the boutique for your items to ship, and then however long the UPS transit time is. So it could be up to a month before you actually get your items.

I love the range of brands that are featured on here, as well as the prices - especially the price range. Their shipping charges aren't particularly remarkable, nor are they heinous, and I have never had a problem with their customer service. I've heard that, in the event that your item gets canceled, you will be refunded in a timely manner, plus receive an additional $20 in HauteLook credit, which is another plus.

Definitely at least check out HauteLook, and see what they have to offer.  You'll have to be incredibly patient in terms of receiving your order, but otherwise, this site has a fair amount of potential to grow.

A wait so long for shipment that it will be out of style

Wow. Still waiting. I ought to have read everyone's reviews online before trying one of their sample sales.

Now the irony - I'm a fashion editor who included...Read complete review

Now the irony - I'm a fashion editor who included them in a wrap up last year in a print article about these kinds of members only invite only online shopping sales. So you would think that someone in customer service would flag my name and take special care of my order?

But no. Weeks have passed (the sale was last month), the event for which I bought my item, came and went, and still the site hasn't bothered to process the order.

I've done a lot of online shopping in my day, all the major department stores online, Amazon, eBay, Yoox, Overstock, you name it, I've shopped it over the last ten years. And never ever have I had an order take so long. In fact, even the little home sellers on eBay don't take this long - and those people have full time jobs, families, whatnot where sending out parcels is not their business.

So I started asking around. Well, one fellow fashion editor told me that her order (for a Christmas present for someone no less) never arrived and in order to find out it wasn't coming, she logged on to Hautelook and there was just an unexplained credit in her account. Wow. Not even an email sent to her in notification.

If you are therefore, the VC who unwisely funded this little venture recently (I saw they got a round), now's the time to kick some customer service butt out of whomever is doing fulfillment. Or not only aren't you going to see a return on your infusion but you can  count on them losing as many customers as they gain - what is the customer acquisition cost of someone like me who not only has seen it all - but is photographed and oh by the way, has a big mouth, and a big print outlet. Hmmm.

Will never order from hautelook and I suggest u don't

from providence ri

Comments about HauteLook.com:

Hi everyone please if you thinking about ordering from haute look please don't please don't they are very unprofessional and this is from ordering twice ;let m start by saying first order one of my item came wrong shade and was open (it was a foundation ) second order was never receive and it took 1 month and I have to cancel never receive any notifications none don't waste your time do not order from hautelook

ridiculous delivery time- four weeks and counting

from basking ridge nj

Comments about HauteLook.com:

I do not understand the delivery time from Hautelook-- have waited over a month for a sweater? I understand they ship from vendor to Hautelook but don't take your chances if you are trying to buy for a specific date ie holidays, birthdays without plenty of lead time-- not worth the wait.

my favorite discount retailer

from New York, NY

Comments about HauteLook.com:

Hautelook is my favorite discount website. I have literally stopped paying full price for anything because I know that I can get most of what I want at a major discount online and this is one of my go to websites. It is part of the Nordstroms and Nordstroms Rack chain so usually they have flash sales that further discount items from Nordstroms Rack (which was discounted from Nordstroms to begin with). The return policy is fabulous as almost all items can be returned for a full refund. You can return via mail for $5 or bring it to a Nordstroms Rack store. A few times I have called and they have waived the fee for shipping as well (because the customer service is fabulous)! I know people say that they have had problems with shipping; however, items ship quickly unless it specifically says that the item is shipping from someplace other than Nordstroms. I have purchased everything from a leather backpack, to name brand jackets, to name brand jeans, to name brand purses, to gifts and home goods. I live in NYC and I get stopped on the street all the time and asked where I got something and every time it is something I got from Hautelook! I can't say enough amazing stuff about this website (and the app). I check it almost every day.

A great discount website

Comments about HauteLook.com:

I absolutely love shopping at haute look dot com! I Absolutely adore shopping. I really and truly have a passion for fashion and I like all of the latest trends. In order for me to afford all of these wonderful things that I love so much, I have to get them at a great price. That's where haute look comes in. This particular website offers amazing items at a great price. I have gotten subscription boxes, fashion, and even really adorable things for my daughter. Another thing that I adore about this particular website is the fact that the items ship so fast! I always get my items within a week and they are always of great quality. I also love that this website is so easy to navigate. Everything is divided into sections and I can truly say that there is something for everyone on this website. I would highly recommend this website to friends and family and I do plan on shopping there still!

This Particular website is so easy to use!

Product Selection
This website always has new products every day so there's always something new to choose from!

Product Pricing
Most items on their website are discounted so they are wonderful prices.

• Shipping and Returns:

Not a competative company!

Comments about HauteLook.com:

Yes, they have good prices. But when add in the shipping charges plus the wait time (on average about a a month or so, why are we paying shipping?), then it just makes more sense to get it somewhere else. You'll get faster (guaranteed) and most likely at the same price after you paid Hautelook shipping + wait time, as most other places no longer charge shipping. When it comes to returns, well, that's a whole different issue on it's own. It takes the FOREVER to credit you the money back. Anyone else I shop with, it takes at most one week and you get your money back. With Huatlook, on average, it takes about one month, if you are lucky, it will take 3 weeks. Ridiculous. I've been deleting emails from them more and more often. Getting very disappointed and irritated with them!

• Shipping and Returns:

Items move quickly on this website

Comments about HauteLook.com:

What’s not to love about hautelook.com? The clothing and accessories are beautiful, but because my size is usually out of stock so fast, I like to stick with the other items. The pros about this site are that they have hot deals all the time. The cons are the deals either end quick or go out of stock fast. Luckily, one day I was able to grab a hot deal for a trio Argan Oil bundle. It was under twenty dollars and a steal. Checkout was easy, but shipping took forever. It is very slow, yet worth the wait. Once my item arrived, I was happy to find my complete order within the box with nothing broken. The Argan Oil was great and I am satisfied. I can’t wait to buy another hot item again from hautelook.com.

Everything is right in front of you and easy to navigate through.

Product Selection
New products are available nearly everyday and are move rather quickly.

Product Pricing
Prices are very good and vary according to item for purchase.

Poor site

from Utah

Comments about HauteLook.com:

I shopped on hautelook.com when I was looking for some button-up shirts to wear for special occasions. I was able to find what I was looking for once, but I did not have a great experience with the site, and I do not often go back and look to buy from them again.

I only started using hautelook.com recently, so I still remember the first time that I tried to get on their website. As soon as I entered the website address, it came up with a popup that wanted me to enter my personal information (without a credit card) to become a member before I could even shop on a store. Personally, I do not like a store that is so intrusive and so ready to bombard me with promotional emails before I have even looked around to see if I am interested in what they are selling.

Product Pricing
When I bought a shirt on here, I was looking for a nice one for a special occasion, so I was prepared to spend a bit more that particular time. But in general, the prices for their clothes are far higher than I like to spend, and the quality of the clothes is not so great that it makes it worth the extra money.

A win for Sample Sarah

from New York, NY

Comments about HauteLook.com:

I really like this site. At first I felt like it was just one more website to fill up my junk box with emails, but after seeing some name brands I really liked in the subject heading I decided to really check this site out. It is similar to a lot of the other sample sale websites, but there are a few main differences that I like about it. First. it is affiliated with Nordstrom, and I personally feel very comfortable with Nordstrom and their customer service/return policies. Second, shipping is free with some of the sample sales (for example any toms purchase had free shipping) and most orders over $100 (that only happens on Guilt if you spend enough to earn points towards free shipping). Free shipping does exclude items over a certain weight though, so I was unable to get free shipping on a rug. Third, for items that are returnable, can be returned to a physical location at a Nordstrom Rack store. Fourth, I know about 75% of the brands and they are brands that I like (as apposed to Guilt, who was caught making their own line of clothing and then calling it a "sample sale"). Brands have included lower cost items like Toms and higher cost items like Rebecca Minkoff, Kate Spade, and VitaMix. Overall, this site is a winner for me, and might even replace Guilt all together for me soon (except that this website does not have local city deals).

Buyer Beware Company is a Scam

Comments about HauteLook.com:

Horrible tactics!!!! It takes your items forever to arrive. When they finally arrive if they don't work You've just lost your money. I mailed the items I wanted to return back to them with their label on the 2nd of March. Up until March 17th I was told they still hadn't received the merchandise. When I called later that day my return had miraculously been located. At that time the customer service rep said she would issue the credit while I was on the phone. So...what would've happened if I hadn't called that day? Would my return had just been sitting there. After a few minutes she told me I was all set, I had a credit on my Hautelook account that I could use at any time. I explained to her, that I wanted my money returned the original way I gave it. A store credit would be useless because after the return ordeal I knew I would no longer be shopping with Hautelook. She said no problem, I'll change it in the system & you'll see your credit in 3 to 5 days. Its been 15 and after numerous phone calls & email messages I still can't get a real answer as to where my money is or when it will in fact be returned. I've contacted Nordstroms whom I'm surprised is even affiliated with such a scam of a company as well as filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I may never receive credit for my return but if I sway one buyer from purchasing from this company it will all be worth it.

Product Selection
Never have the size you need. They show a product and will have one or two in stock

Customer Service
Read from a script, pretending to want to help but constantly giving you the run around in a very polite fashion

Shipping and Returns
I never received credit for my return. Tomorrow will be 30 days. Unheard of in 2014

from Syracuse, New York

Comments about HauteLook.com:

HauteLook.com really gets under my skin. First and foremost, I absolutely hate the fact that I had to sign up to their site in order to see the products and prices. It is like they are purposely forcing you to give them your email address so they can advertise to you on a daily basis. The greater majority of their products are grossly over priced as well. Their prices for shoes is actually quite reasonable though. They have some really good points. In fact, I am pretty sure that the main reasons for my dislike has to do entirely with them making you register to view products and then sending way too many emails for me. The good points about Hautelook.com include: The fact that although their prices are somewhat higher than other similar stores, some of the items are really nice and I can use their product names to find the exact same stuff cheaper somewhere else. Also, every once in a while they send a great advertisement of a cool product that is appropriately priced and I get inspired to buy it. Also, their shipping is quick and reliable while their returns policy is acceptable as well.