3.1
Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game

Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game

3.1

Fun little game

This is a great matching game for your young toddlers, especially during trips such as a camping trip. The game is easy to learn, easy to play, and has a limited educational value. There are different versions of this Lucky Ducks Matching game from Hasbro so make sure you know which one you have. One version features just the colors on the bottoms of the ducks and a newer, enhanced version features the ducks in color variation as well as shapes as well. In addition, the newer version also features quieter quacking. The quacking from the ducks adds a nice feel to the game but the previous version was a bit on the obnoxious side as the quacking was far too loud. The new version gots the volume just right. LIke the old version, the new version also requires two C batteries to power the game. The game can be played by two to four players, and is fun for the young ones (although repetitie and boring for grown ups). I store the game in a very large plastic pouch (meant for food not toys) since the original packaging is not up to the task of storing the game.

Cute game, not too attention grabbing.

My two year old received this game for his second birthday.  I thought it would be a bigger hit than it is with him and his older brother.  I mean, they like ducks and they like things that move, why wouldn't they like playing with ducks going around in a circle in the pond?  Maybe it's just a little too simple, I don't know.  I like the game.  I think it's very cute.  You push on the center of the game to start the ducks moving around the pond.  And each player tries to pick up the duck of their shape/color.  Whoever gets all their ducks first wins.  Plus I like that the game doesn't take forever like some games can.  They lose interest if the game is too long.  Two things I didn't like about this game (1) you can't store the ducks in the box (unless you're really good at stuffing them in there perfectly and (2) when we go to store it, if my son puts it away and pushes on the top of the box, the game will turn on inside the box and if I don't catch it, it can run until the batteries run down.  Overall, I think I like the game better than my kids.

Kids just not interested

from Virginia Beach, VA

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

My 4 and 2 year olds didn't really like playing the game itself, what they did like was playing with the ducks and lineing the up in rows. I thought it was a waste of money my husband and I never got into playing the game with them either because it was noisy.

wow what a game

from Sigourney, IA

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

The first time I opened this toy my daughter and I were beside ourselves with excitement. yes the toy is VERY NOISY but so what if its noisy ore its not your thing, this toy is not for you. My daughter really enjoyed the concept of getting there duck with the color they needed to get, she even enjoyed just watching the ducks go round and round. to tell you the truth after a while it does get on your nerves but so what the noise level but to see her enjoyment, in playing with this toy makes it worth every penny and thats worth alittle headache. I highly reccomend this game

My nephew only played it once

from Yakima, WA

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

My nephew, who was 4 years old at the time, kept bugging me to buy this game for him for Christmas last year. I bought it and it annoyed me before I even gave it to him. The quacking just wouldn't stop. You can't set anything on the box or it will start to quack. Also, my nephew only played it once and has not played it since. Not only was it boring for me to play with him but it was boring for him as well. This game is going on my next yard sale.

Not What Its Quaked Up To Be

from Lima, OH

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

The one pro I found about this toy is its durability. I have been praying it will brake! Plus the batteries never seem to die. This has got to be one of the most noisiest toys created. I do not recommend it if you want your sanity. Your kids may love it but you will need medicated within the first two minutes. A volume control or mute button would make this game a 4star.

Quite possibly the most obnoxious game ever created...

from Vancouver, WA

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

**Good Gravy!**This truly is one of the most obnoxious games ever created.  The ducks "swim" around a motorized pond and you try to match colors to win the game.  This game is great for learning colors, and for memorizing.  However, the constant quacking is **HORRIBLE**.  I teach in a self-contained classroom for students with special needs.  I thought this game would be awesome to help teach some of my students colors.  However, with their sensory needs, this game was far too noisy and distracting from its ultimate purpose.  Additionally, they tire easily from completing the same task. I tried bringing the game home to play with my 21 month old son, and realized that he too could not handle the constant quacking.  He learned the game quickly, and now the game is hidden on the top shelf of his closet (where nothing can touch it and cause the quacking to begin!)To improve this game, it would be great if there was an on/off switch, volume control, and multiple ways to play the game.

Fun toy all the kids love it

from Harleysville, PA

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

The first time we opened this toy my kids were beside themselves with excitement. yes the toy is VERY NOISY so if noise is not your thing, this toy is not for you.

My kids really enjoyed the concept of getting there duck with the color they needed to get, they even enjoyed just watching the ducks go round and round. to tell you truth after a while it does get on tour nerves the noise level but to see there enjoyment, whats alittle headache. I highly reccomend this game

seemed to stop quacking

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

The Lucky Ducks matching game is a matching game that helps your child learn about colors. There are ducks swimming in a little pond and they make duck sounds as the game goes on. The problem is, our unit seems to be defective. Initially we believed the battery to be out so we replaced them with another set. When this did not work we tried batteries that we knew to be working and the same results surfaced. I believe the battery mechanism within the Luck Duck unit is faulty and not making contact. I am giving this an average three out of five stars intead of a one star because this seems to be an isolated problem as I have yet to hear about other parents who have experienced the same thing. My guess is that we just received a bad working unit, which is fine because we are well within the return policy date for this unit. Some parents complain about the quacking but I am one of those parents who like it, and as mentioned already, I am returning mine because the ducks are now quiet and do not speak at all. Will give it a second try.

Way too loud

from South Pasadena, CA

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

This product is way too loud. This Lucky Ducks matching game has these little yellow ducks that quack as the game operates. Well, I suppose Hasbro never ran a test run or had samplers handle and try the game because the quacking is completely obnoxious. The ducks are simply way too loud. It realy gets on my nerves when the child plays with this toy for a prolonged amount of time (it's not fault of the kid of course). I just wish there was someway to dampen the noise as the toy set seems fine otherwise. It's just the noise, not the actual game itself. Fortunately for me, my daughter has moved on from the duck game and no longer plays it, which is a miracle because I have been thinking about burying it in the front lawn for some time now (just joking). For parents looking into this set, I recommend finding another game that teaches children about colors and shapes. There are plenty of different alternatives that make little to no noise and give great peace of mind to the parent.

so simple yet so fun

from Beverly Hills, CA

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

Well this game is not going to win any rewards of any kind and there are actually plenty of imitations of this sort of game, but Hasbro's Lucky Ducks matching game is good for what it is. It is a very good way to take away some time from your hands. So you are waiting for your wife to get ready and you and your daughter are already ready to go? Well, why not squeeze in a game of Luck Ducks while you wait for five minutes? That's the type of impulse game this is. This is not a sophisticated game like chess or a moderately challenging game like othello or connect four. This is a very simple game designed for young children. So what do you do in this game? Well you basically try to match the ducks with the shapes. It is definitely not rocket science. What is nice about this game is that the ducks quack, making for a very comical experience. The quacks I hear are not as annoying as the old version (i have the older version I am guessing since the ducks quack quite loudly). If you can get the newer version, definitely go for that one.

Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game is Great Fun for Little Ones!

from Washington Court House, OH

Comments about Hasbro Lucky Ducks Matching Game:

This cute game is one of the very first games my little girl was able to play.  She loved matching the color on the bottom of the ducks to the colors on the cards.  It was a wonderful tool to use to teach her concepts such as taking turns, matching colors, identifying colors, and learning how to be a gracious winner and loser.  She cracked up at the quacking noises of the ducks, and loved that the ducks moved around in a circle.  I love that the ducks are adorable.  The batteries also seem to last a long time!  There are only a few things I would change about the game.  I would add a volume control button because the quacking can get annoying after a while, and it is loud.  I would also not use stickers for the ducks eyes, because the stickers can fall off over time, making it easy for a player to identify the ducks.  Overall, this is a very cute game and can provide hours of family entertainment.  Highly recommended!