2.3

2.3

Pros

Cons

• Flavor Selection:

A good product. It won't kill kittens!!

Everyone who said that this brand of formula will "kill" your kittens is an idiot. It's completely untrue. Just because it's a cheaper brand doesn't mean it's insufficient in keeping newborn kittens alive. I purchased this formula after my aunt had hand raised two orphaned kittens successfully (they're very healthy by the way). I found a very small kitten (approximately a week old) that had been abandoned at a trash dump. I immediately began feeding him this brand and he's doing very well. As for those of you who are complaining...at least the people are doing their best to keep the kittens alive, which is more than what most would do. A lot of us can't afford to go out and spend our whole pay check on cat formula...and if you think that's a better alternative your stupid and quite snooty. The Hartz Milk Replacer does just as well, and I know of three kittens, including my own, being raised on the stuff. I don't care about the ingrediants as long as their not harmful (their obviously not. This has been proven in 3 cases that I know of). In today's world a lot of people can barely afford to buy their own food. Stop trying to scare people from buying this product. It's perfectly sufficient and I see no need in spending so much money on something else that does the same thing. I love the product.

Not the best kitten formula but it works in a pinch.

Some lowlife left a box with two one-day old kittens in my car last week.  Also in the box: *Hartz Milk Replacement for Kittens*, a couple of kitten bottles, and a dirty sock.  No, I am not making that up.  The bottle of powdered formula had already been opened and the bottles were filled with rancid formula.  I have no idea where the kittens came from, why they were separated from their mother, or why they were dumped in my car.  Did the person have difficulty in bottle feeding them?  Did they just not want to bother with them? Did they find them somewhere? I had (and still have) lots of questions about the situation but there isn't enough time to really worry about it because these babies have to be fed and cleaned regularly!

I dumped out the rancid formula and mixed up a new batch of *Hartz Milk Replacement for Kittens*.  The general directions are to mix one part powder to two parts room temperature water and then mix until lumps have dissolved.  Huh.  Easier said than done.  This formula is very lumpy and it's difficult to thoroughly mix it.  I tried using a fork, a wisk, and even just shaking the heck out of the bottle but I couldn't eliminate all of the lumps.  This was annoying because the clumped formula would obstruct the flow of formula to the babies.  I would just shake the bottle a bit to move it and try to dissolve it but by that point the kittens would be screaming and fighting me when I tried to offer them the nipple again.

After a day of caring for the kittens, the 8 foster puppies, and the other 6 foster kittens that we have here, I was tired, cranky, and frustrated.  While looking over the label, I found the ingredients listing and discovered that this formula contains pork fat preserved with BHA/BHT which are both known carcinogens.  You usually find those preservatives in the really cheap grocery store pet foods which is why I stay away from anything I can buy at the food store or Target.  I was not expecting to see such ingredients in kitten formula, though.

I immediately rushed out and bought a big can of KMR Kitten Milk Replacement.  That's a better-quality formula and doesn't contain carcinogenic preservatives.  If you are in a pinch and can only find *Hartz Milk Replacement for Kittens*, it will work.  Kittens find it palatable and will drink it.  If you have the opportunity to pick up a higher-quality product, though, I definitely would do so.

Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens works

from Canton, OH

Comments about Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens:

I recently found 2 abandoned 3 week old kittens. They were pretty thin and in need of a good meal. I don't know how they ended up in my yard but their was no mother cat to be found. I knew that I needed to find a kitten formula asap. I went to my local big box store and this was the only kitten formula that they sold and I was in immediate need. So I purchased this and a couple kitten bottles to feed the kittens with. I made bottles as soon as I got home to feed these poor little babies and they loved this formula! They just couldn't get enough! I fed the recommended amount. And continued on for a few days. I noticed that the kittens were gaining weight nicely. They were filling out and not looking so thin. A week later they were thriving. The kittens looked to be at a more normal weight so I continued feeding the formula and added a little wet cat food with it to keep them full a little longer. They are now at an age where they are no longer bottle fed but I continue to use the formula mixed in their food to ensure that they're getting the necessary nutrients for small kittens. I will continue to do this for about another month before I wean them.

Quality of Ingredients
This product seems to have the necessary ingredients to produce healthy kittens.

Flavor Selection
It comes in one flavor. But a selection of flavors isn't necessary. It needs to resemble the taste of mom cat's milk and it seems to by the way the kittens went crazy for it.

• Flavor Selection:

DO NOT BUY THIS! It is HARMFUL/DEADLY!

from Kansas

Comments about Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens:

PLEASE listen to these reviews on here! Look around online and you see the same type of reviews on other websites. This Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens IS BAD. I have no idea how it is still in production. It disgusts me that they still make this stuff!

My neighbors and I found 2 orphaned kittens who were definitely still young enough that they needed their mothers milk. We found this milk replacement at a local place and decided it would be fine for the kittens since it's a name brand and all. We each took a kitten and began trying to take care of it.

I quickly noticed after giving the kitten some of the milk she started not acting right. She just laid there and making a really weird noise. The noise was kind of a whine like she may be in pain or uncomfortable. I just thought maybe she wasn't used to that type of product or something. After I gave it to her a second time I noticed she started breathing really hard and we quickly took her to a friend who was a vet. We also called our neighbor to see if the same thing had happened with the kitten they took in. They said that kitten seemed fine. Our vet friend said this stuff was having bad side effects on kittens and they couldn't digest it properly. The kitten got some fluids and some medication and got better in about 36 hours. [She's grown up into a spunky crazy cat now! Ha ha] The cat our neighbor took in however died. They said it seemed fine then they went to look for it later on and found it had thrown up a bunch and passed away.

SERIOUSLY what is in this stuff!? Do NOT ever give this to your kittens! I don't see how a product that has harmed and killed SO many kittens is still on the market! It's disgusting.

• Flavor Selection:

Helped keep our kitties alive.

from Elko, Nevada

Comments about Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens:

We had a momma cat stray that decided to have kittens underneath our porch and we did not know that she had been living down there. One day we heard them meowing like crazy and went down and found that there was seven week old babies down there trying to get milk out of their momma who was bloated and had obviously not made it. We felt horrible for the poor babies and I ran to the store and bought a bunch of this to try to help them. We had to feed them with syringes and this at first and they did very well. We also used it in a bottle and they did fine with it too. The first feeding you can tell they had not ate in a while and that they were on the verge of not making it as well, so I am glad that we found them. They liked the taste of the milk and they were all fat within a couple of weeks, running around and very healthy kittens. This product is what made sure that our kittens were able to grow and become young adults and go to their forever homes, without it I do not think that they would have survived another day.

• Flavor Selection:

Hartz Milk Replacer saves lives.

Comments about Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens:

We live close to a farm and every now and again we will find baby kittens who have been left behind. We have two male cats and despite the fact that they were left to die, have not only survived but because of this milk replacer, they are both the healthiest and I dare say the best in form compared to other cats we have had come our way. It is so easy to prepare and the kittens seemed to enjoy the taste of it. The last kitten we fed the milk replacer was the only one to survive out of a litter of 7 because of premature births. Little Kizmet is in wonderful condition and he would not have been so if it were not for this product.

Quality of Ingredients
The quality of ingredients of this product is top notch. It does it's job giving the kittens all they need to survive, even without there mother's natural milk. Like I said before, this product was used on two kittens thus far and they are the healthiest cats we have.

Flavor Selection
I am not familiar with this product coming in different flavors. I suppose we just used the original one and both cats the we nursed would suck it down in no time. They seemed to enjoy it well enough.

• Flavor Selection:

Delicate babies may get sick but good for elderly cats.

Comments about Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens:

Having raised many litters of kittens from the bottle stage I have used this supplement a few times but I wouldn't recommend it if yo have better options out there. It's a little too intense for sensitive babies and can be a vitamin shock to them; I've had a few fail to thrive on this milk and ended up having to give them something else to make up for the lack of nutrients they were deprived with this. While on the other hand some vitamins are out of balance in this and are just too much for weaker kittens to handle. For kittens past the fragile stage but not yet to the solid food point this is okay if you're careful and keep an eye on their development it's an okay choice but there are much better ones. I have found though that this is a good addition to the diet of old adult cats who need the extra vitamins when feed as a once a week treat; and every cat I've given this to as an adult has enjoyed the flavor.

Quality of Ingredients
Vitamin amounts are out of balance; too much of some and not enough of others makes for a milk that can upset the stomachs of babies and give them thriving issues.. As a supplement for elderly cats though it gives them a dose of vitamins that help with coat and energy.

Flavor Selection
Only one flavor but it is appealing to kittens once they get the hang of drinking it,they tend to like it more when sightly warm though. As for adult cats; they enjoy the flavor without needing to be coaxed.

• Flavor Selection:

Terrible stuff tht caused allergic reaction.

Comments about Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens:

Our oldest cat Lou was abandoned without his mother cat near our house. We think the mother was a stray and Lou was lost, but we couldn't leave the baby kitty out to dye since the weather conditions would have probably not allowed the kitten to live. We got a bottle of this Hartz stuff from a neighbor who also raised a baby kitten. Lou was probably three or so weeks old when we found him and he was not ready for real cat food yet. We gave him this liquid milk replacer, which is probably the worst decision I have ever made. After drinking this milk, he broke out in rashes and seemed to have trouble breathing. We rushed him to the vet and the vet said he was having a sever allergic reaction. They put him on a drip and gave him antihistamines and everything was well again. After years of raising cats and dogs, I have learned that Hartz is a terrible brand. Most the stuff they make are cheap and with seriously harm your pets.

• Flavor Selection:

A good product. It won't kill kittens!!

Hartz kills.

Comments about Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens:

This product poisoned my 5 week old orphaned kitten Tabytha. She would drink this, play for a few minutes, throw up the formula, sleep, and be fine until she ate it again. Unfortunately, I fed her this poison for 3 weeks.
I did not realize she was being poisoned until it was too late.
It deteriorated her brain. She went blind, meow-screamed in pain, couldn't stand, and eventually went into a coma all within just a few hours. I had her euthanized.

Kitten Milk Replacer by Hartz = vitamin deficiencies

from Oshkosh, NE

Comments about Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens:

We have been hand feeding 5 kittens since their birth, the mother ran away when we moved them to the indoors (it was very cold). We've been using Hartz KMR, and at first, we thought it was great! They were growing, they were progressing well and we were thinking about commending Hartz. So now, these kittens are 2 and half weeks old, they are all losing their fur, on their backs and necks. We thought it was something with how much we were handling them, or the oil on our hands. Then I started thinking, maybe this is a vitamin deficiency. I thought it was a little strange that they scream all the time after they eat. They eat and eat and still act starving. They've been peeing well, but pooping has been tough, they are still needing help with that and they seem like they are in pain when we finally get them to. I'm starting to question their progress now, there eyes are open, but are still cloudy and their heads shake just from holding them up. I am going to get them goats milk tomorrow, I think that's a better option for these guys, I will not use any more Hartz, and I just bought two more cans today! I'm glad I found what I did tonight, I already feel bad that I lost their mommy, I want to give these kids a fair shot!

have had no problems

from Longview, WA

Comments about Hartz Precision Nutrition Liquid Milk Replacer for Kittens:

Well I have noticed it is hard to get my cat to poop but I do water the formula down from what it says to give kittens. I will be buying different formula when I get paid but until then i am forced to keep her on this for now. all these reviews are very scary thank you all so much!